Please Join Our Band!

Starlighted Brigade

"What?! So that means that the less popular band of the Winter Festival Performance gets dropped from the schools club system?That's not fair." Park Miyeon said as she looked at her bandmates who were sitting beside her for their agreement. The principal just shook his head.

"Then how else would you expect our lack of funding to be solved??" He said as he leaned back into his chair. Lee Sohee frowned.

"Couldn't we fundraise? I'm sure that we would be able to earn enough money every year to keep our club up and running."

"It won't be fair if the school funds one band while they leave the other band to fundraise for themselves. It won't look very good to the public either. The other band already agreed to this proposal so either you guys agree to this or you agree to disband. Which is it?"

Lee Sohee's eyebrows furrowed with worry.

I would have no problem taking on this challenge only if we could find a replacement for our old Lead guitarist. No one in this band has enough skill to be capable enough to take over Park Hyorin's guitar solos let alone most of her parts in most of our songs. Even though we have Leo who sings well... It won't be enough to cover up for the lack of an interesting and intruiging background music. I guess it's better to give it a shot rather than to not do anything at all and let our club disband without a fight. 

Sohee looked up and met the eyes of each of her bandmates who nodded. She then looked up at the principals gaze with determination.

"We will accept this proposal to let the winner of the Winter Festival Performance stay in the club system while the loser disbands." 

 

 

"Aish! Why did this have to happen now?! I can't believe this is happening." Miyeon said as they stepped out of the principals office and headed down the deserted hallways. It was after school hours so there were hardly any students lingering on campus.

"And why didn't I hear you complain and voice out your opinion, Leo? I know you opposed this decision as well." Miyeon pouted as she nudged his arm with her elbow. Leo just shook his head.

"It's pointless. If the principal was already set on his decision, why anger him even more by opposing it? Besides. We can win this." He said, and Sohee nodded.

"Exactly. Which is why we should start practicing ASAP!! I'm heading down to the practice room. Would anyone like to join me?" Sohee asked, and Miyeon nodded.

"Alright! I'll come with you. I need to practice hard too! Leo, you coming?"

Leo shook his head and turned in the opposite direction.

"Sorry. I need to run some errands for my mom. I'll see you guys tomorrow." He said casually before heading off. Miyeon and Sohee both shrugged and continued to head toward their practice room building.

 

 

"So what are we going to do since we don't have a lead guitarist anymore? Is Leo gonna try and play her solos?" Miyeon asked as they walked. Sohee shrugged. 

"I'm not sure he has enough skill to play her solos, ans besides, he has to be able to focus on singing his own parts perfectly. I guess we can try search for someone to fill in her role as the lead guitarist, I mean I tried practicing ehr solo earlier and its anything but easy-- Wait. Whats that noise?" Sohee said as they neared the practice room building. The sound of a guitar and a voice could be heard faintly. They both stopped walking and strained their ears to listen.

Miyeon's eyes widened as she recognized the familiar rhythm. 

"That sounds like Hyorin's solo! Did she come back to visit?" Miyeon gasped. Sohee shook her head.

"That's not Hyorin... It sounds more powerful and..." she trailed off as the noise cut off suddenly. Miyeon and Sohee gave each other one look before running off toward the practice room building with the same thought in mind. 'Who in the world was that???'

 

 

Choi Eunji took a deep breath as she entered the seemingly small but clean building. It was the end of her first day at this new school and she was completely lost. Hopefully someone in this building could tell her where the exit to this large school was. As she looked around the room, she noticed that it was empty, save for a few guitars, mics, and a drumset that were positioned at the middle of the room. 

This must be a band room...

Forgetting the reson why she came into the room, she then walked over to set of instruments and picked up the guitar. A wave of nostalgia washed over her. Noticing that the guitar was plugged into the speakers, she then looked around one more time as she strung the strap over her head. No one would notice that she played on this instrument, right?

Hovering her fingers over the strings, she hesitantly strummed and the sound captivated her like it once did in the past. Smiling, she then began to gain confidence and began to strum until it became a rhythm, and the rhythm became music. Turning, she then noticed a few music sheets that were resting on a nearby stand. After looking at it once, she then began to play the notes that were on the staff with ease; the sound was like honey to her ears.  

After a few minutes of playing, she then panicked as she looked at the time.

"Oh no! I'm going to miss my train!" 

Hastilly placing the guitar back on the stand, she then quickly turned around and met the eyes of two curious girls.Panic and embarasment welled up inside of her as she bashfully hung her head.

"I-I'm sorry, I just came in here to see if there were anyone inside and I just happened to see your guitars and I just--" Choi Eunji sputtered as she saw the taller of the two approach her. She flinched in fear as the girl placed a firm hand on her shoulder. 

"I-I'm sorry!" she said again. The girl just stared at her. 

"Join our band club." she said, and Eunji looked up at her in confusion.

"What?!"

 

 

 

Hello! Hopefully you all like the first chapter of this story! I hope to update soon. Thanks for reading! ^ ^v