An Acquaintance Party she never expected

Acquaintance Party turned Confession Night

 


 

"Nicole~~~~~~~~~~~" Four of Nicole's closest friends in school came running towards her.

Nicole looked up from her locker as she heard the ladies' voices. "Hey hey.. slow down, will you? What's up?" She smile and turned to fully face them after closing her locker.

"You've heard of the acquaintance party, right? Will you be coming with us?" Hara asked and linked arms with her.

"What kind of question is that? Of course she would!" Gyuri, their eldest, commented, leaning against the lockers.

"Umm.. that.. well..'' Nicole let out an awkward laugh while scratching the back of her head. "But Jinwoon-ssi would be there, wouldn't he?"

"How can he not when he's the one who organized this?" Hara said.

"The more reason you need to attend!" Jiyoung, the youngest, told Nicole before winking to the rest.

Nicole noticed this then looked at the ladies suspiciously. "Ya, are you scheming something? Something I don't know of?"

"Hmm? Ani.." Seungyeon shook her head lightly. "Do you think we'd be planning something without telling you? Relax.." She laughed a bit before taking her phone out then pretended to make a call. "Ah, excuse me first~ I have to call someone~" She walked past Nicole, going to the corridor.

"Oh I have to go now too, Colie~" Hara slipped her arm off then grabbed Jiyoung's hand, making their maknae frown in confusion. "Jing's coming with me.. we have class. Annyeong~" She waved before quickly walking away, leaving Nicole in confusion. She thought it was weird that the girls suddenly dispersed almost altogether.

"How about you, eonni?"

"Hmm me?" Gyuri pointed to herself and smiled. "I don't have appointments for today~ Just taking some books from my locker to review.. How about you?"

"Ah.. our class was suspended so I guess I'll be going now~ See you tomorrow, eonni." Nicole waved before slowly walking away from Gyuri while carrying her books close to her chest.

"By the way~" Gyuri called out. "You already bought the ticket anyway so just go." She smiled at Nicole.

"Ne, eonni~" Nicole turned around and smiled back.

She tilted her head as she tried to figure the ladies' strange behavior while making her way out of the school.

"What was that just now?"

 

-oOo-

 

"Eomma, I'm home~" Nicole chimed as she arrived home, looking for her mother all around the house. "Eomma, eodiya? I have a favor to ask~"

"I'm here, I'm here.. dear daughter.." Her mother responded, coming from the backyard after watering the plants and flowers. "What favor is it?" She placed the water can on the floor before turning back to her daughter.

Nicole went to open the fridge and took a bottle of water out then sat on the a high stool in their kitchen. "Umm.. tomorrow.. there is an Acquaintance Party in school and...''

"And..?" Her mother asked, already having a guess on what the favor would be.

"Eommmaaa~" Nicole called out to her mother in a cute voice while tugging at her hand lightly. "I need help with my clothes plus hair and makeup of course. Please~"

Her mother chuckled at her expression, her hair lightly while speaking. "Ya, why are you suddenly acting cute right now? And why don't you go shop with your friends and do makeover together?"

"Well it seems like they're busy with something else.." Nicole sighed and puffed her cheeks. "And besides, I know you're the best when it comes to these things." She stood from the stool and gave her mother a tight embrace as she placed her head on the latter's shoulder.

"Aigoo.. is my lovely daughter trying to dress up nicely for someone?" Her mother teased with a grin.

Nicole broke the hug and waved her hands frantically. "A-niya~ Ya eomma, don't say such things.." Her reaction confirmed her defensiveness at the moment.

"And how about the flower shop? I need to tend to it."

"You can just leave it to Yongjun's care."

The two stared at each other for a little while and it took some moments before Nicole's mother agreed, making her smile widely in victory while her mother just sighed in defeat.

"Gomawo, eomma~ Saranghae~~~" She gave her mother a brief hug before running towards her room. She locked the door as soon as she got in and threw herself to her bed.

"Ahh~ the party's tomorrow evening. Should I skip school tomorrow to go shop with mom?" She thought out loud.

Suddenly, she covered her face, feeling extremely shy even though no one was there with her at the moment. Just thinking about Jinwoon and knowing that he'll be there at the party is making a wave of mixed emotions flow through her system. Sitting up from her bed, she suddenly thought of an idea then ran towards her drawers to search for scissors. When she found one, she opened her closet widely and carefully examined her clothes and dresses while tapping her chin with her other hand.

"Instead of buying something new, why don't I just customize old clothes? Hmm~"

She started taking some dresses out and laid it on her bed as she started her 'creative work'.

 

-oOo-

 

The living room got a little crowded as several blankets and pillows plus some snacks laid around on the floor while the television was , even though no one was really paying attention. The ladies decided to spend the night at Gyuri's place.. but they were mostly like uninvited guests who just suddenly barged in.

"Don't you think Cole eonni will suspect something?" Jiyoung asked while leaning against the arm of the couch as Gyuri brought more snacks for them from the kitchen.

"Hmm that's unlikely to happen. I don't know with the others but I told her that we'll be out on a review center to study for the upcoming exams." Hara grinned.

"Ya, how could the three of you just come without prior notice? You should have informed me beforehand, you know?" Gyuri complained as she placed the tray of chips and fries on the floor before sitting beside Jiyoung.

"I'm sorry, eonnie but it was just really sudden." Seungyeon said, hugging her Gyuri's left arm.

"So how are we going to plan for the upcoming party?" Hara changed the topic since that was really what they came to discuss about.

"Maybe I should call Jinwoon sunbae and confirm his attendance.." Jiyoung said as she took her phone out.

"Ya, at this hour? He might be sleeping already. Let's not disturb him. Save it for tomorrow." Seungyeon said but the maknae didn't listen and went on with the call.

 

-oOo-

 

Jinwoon was on his way home from the gym. He decided to go exercise alone after classes have ended and it lasted until late night. He had his jacket tied around his waist and his sling bag hanging from his left shoulder. Taking little steps, he passed again by the same subdivision he had been passing by in the last few days even though it was out of the way to his house. He stood there in front of the gates for few good minutes before his mobile phone started ringing.

He looked at the screen and saw that an unknown number was displayed. "Yoboseyo?"

"A-annyeong~ Jinwoon sunbae..." The voice greeted in almost a whisper.

"Ne, annyeong.. may I know who this is?"

The other line went silent for a bit as the person was thinking of what to say.

"Umm.. y-you know Han Seungyeon, right?" Then a laugh was heard, more like an awkward one. "I'm her friend.. ne.. and she just wants to know if Kwon sunbae is going to the party. Ah! I am Kang Jiyoung by the way."

"Ah.. that girl who always bickers with hyung!" Jinwoon reacted positively right away. "And yes, hyung is going to the party.." He had his back leaned against a tree as one of his hands was tucked in his jeans' pocket.

"Ahh~ arasseo.. I will tell eonni about it." Jiyoung grinned. "How about you, sunbae? You're going, right?"

"Of course I will or else they'll say that I'm an irresponsible leader." He laughed. "By the way, how did you get my number?" He asked as he was curious.

"Ohh.. that.. umm.." Jiyoung took a few moments to think of another alibi while scratching the back of her head lightly. "S-seungyeon eonni got it from Kwon sunbae because.. she was shy to ask him directly if he'll attend so we thought we could ask you instead..?" She sounded like she was asking him a question rather than stating something but she was lucky enough that he seemed to be convinced about it.

"I see.." Jinwoon smiled even though Jiyoung wouldn't see.

"Ah! It's late now so you must be heading to sleep already. I'm sorry for disturbing you just for a single question." Jiyoung really felt apologetic at the moment.

"Ani, no worries. I'm still on my way home. Arasseo, then I shall see you in school tomorrow. Bye.." He hung up and kept his phone back in his bag before looking up ahead of him. He had been looking at the house nearest to the gate for the past few minutes now, when he was having his conversation with Jiyoung.

"Aigoo, seeing that your room light is still not turned off, I bet you're still awake. I wonder what you're doing right now." Jinwoon smiled to himself before he turned to his right and started walking to the other direction.. to where his house is.

 

-oOo-

 

"Yaaaa~! What kind of excuse was that? Why did you have to use my name?" Seungyeon shouted as she tackled their maknae on the couch, causing the latter to squeal.

"Omo omo omo~ eonnis, help me! She's attacking me." Jiyoung struggled against Seungyeon and both Hara and Gyuri only laughed. Finally, she was able to breathe when her Seungyeon released her. "I'm sorry, okay? I had no other way out. We can't possibly say that we got it from Cole eonni, can we?" She glanced at the three ladies for reaction.

"No worries, maknae. You did a great job." Hara winked and raised her thumbs up.

"Mwo??" Seungyeon snapped her head to Hara's direction. "What do you mean she did good? Now those guys will only think wrongly! Aish.. this is so annoying and frustrating~" She covered her face with one of the cushions while paddling her feet, making Gyuri and the rest laugh at her.

 

-oOo-

 

"Hyung.." Jinwoon held his phone in between his ear and his left shoulder as he piled the remaining tickets for the acquaintance party. He arrived home safely five minutes after his conversation with Jiyoung ended and now he is organizing some things regarding the upcoming party.

"Ne, dongsaeng-ah.." His friend replied from the other line with a light yawn.

"Oh, you were already sleeping? Sorry to disturb. I just want to check if the money from the tickets totaled the exact amount. There's nothing lacking, right?"

"Ah, of course it's alright. And let's have a meeting with the committee tomorrow after class."

"Sure hyung.. oh and by the way, Seungyeon wanted to know if you'll be there in the party. I guess she's really interested in you, huh?" Jinwoon chuckled. "Is there something going on between you two?"

"Mwo?" Kwon shot up from his bed. "With that hamster?? Ya, of course not. She's just a die-hard admirer, okay? I knew that from the first time I saw her."

"Haha.. alright hyung, if you say so. Then, I shall see you tomorrow at school." Jinwoon ended the call then placed his phone down on the table. Turning his desk lamp off, he headed straight to his bed to get some sleep.

 

-oOo-

 

"Joo~?" Nicole's mother knocked on her bedroom's door lightly, with a glass of warm milk in her other hand. "Are you still awake?" She asked as she saw that the light was still .

"Ne, eomma.. the door's unlocked." Nicole voiced out.

Opening the door, her mother walked in then placed the glass on her dresser. "Ah, what's keeping my lovely daughter awake?"

"Well, I've given it some thought and I think it would be better if I just customize my dress than buy a new one since it's only for a night. But eomma, I'll still ask you to do my hair and makeup~" She smiled and hugged her mother's waist.

"Aigoo.. my daughter is now grown-up. I'm thankful that you are being considerate of other things." Her mother cupped her cheeks and kisses her forehead. "Arasseo, drink the milk now and then go to sleep so you can wake up early tomorrow for school."

"Ne eomma... good night~" Nicole greeted as her mother left her room before she drank the warm milk then headed to bed for some good sleep.

 

- next day -

The school was pretty silent since it was still very early in the morning when Hara and Jiyoung arrived. After some moments of strolling around, they decided to take a rest by the open field.

"Ya eonni, I'm really excited to know what will happen later.." Jiyoung grinned as she turned to Hara.

"Me too~ You know, Colie just needs to muster more courage and then bingo!" Hara threw her fist in the air. "She'll be able to successfully confess.."

"Geundae, do you think Jinwoon sunbae feels the same way?" Asked Jiyoung, who tilted her head to the left as she looked at Hara.

"Of course~ 99.9% sure! I have eagle eyes so I can tell by the way he behaves at times.." Hara squinted her eyes as she looked at the field in front of them. "Nicole just can't read him well.."

"Ya, where did the .1% go?"

"I don't know.. it flew away.."

"Tsk.. sure eonni.. well shouldn't we tell her about our plan? I feel kind of bad for leaving her clueless.." The maknae puffed her cheeks.

"Ani! The fun lies there~ We'll set them up and then they'll be forced to tell each other how they feel. I hope so~" Hara grinned mischievously and when she turned to look at Jiyoung, she saw Nicole walking towards them. She suddenly leaned closer to the maknae and whispered, "She's coming.. act cool, okay?" Then pulled back.

"Oh? Jing~ Hara.. you're here early. Do you have an early class?" Nicole asked as she placed her two books on the table and joined them on the seat.

"Hmm? Ani~ Just want to laze around.. right, Jing?" Hara reached Jiyoung's shoulder and tapped it.

"Ah y-yes.. we're waiting for the others too.."

"Ah speaking of which, where's Gyuri eonni and Seungyeon eonni?" Asked Nicole as she glanced around, hoping to spot the two.

"Gyuri eonni won't be having classes until this afternoon. As for Seungyeon eonni.. I don't know. Maybe he's checking Kwon sunbae out." The three of them laughed loudly.

 

-oOo-

 

"Kwonnie~~~ Help us just this one time, ne? Jebal~" Seungyeon pleaded as she lightly tugged on Kwon's sleeve.

"Ya, don't do that! The fabric will be ruined. Don't you know that this is expensive?" Kwon complained as he adjusted his shirt before glaring at Seungyeon.

"Okay okay sorry.. just please help us with the little plan. It's not so difficult, is it?"

"Why do I have to anyway?" He asked in a snobbish tone, avoiding eye-contact with her.

"So that Jinwoon-ssi won't suspect anything, okay? And ya~" Seungyeon kept poking his arm. "You still need to tell me about his feelings towards Nicole.. tell me~ you promised you will.."

"You like my muscles that much?" Kwon leaned towards her with a grin on his lips. "And I'm not telling you anything.. but fine, I will help you with the little plan. But after this, don't ask favors from me anymore."

"What?? No~ Don't be so full of yourself, okay? Tsk~ But anyway, thank you so much! Let's plan more about this later then.." She happily responded while holding his forearm.

Moments later, the teacher arrived and all students tidied themselves before the class started.

'Ya, stop being so cute! Will you? Or else I won't be able to control myself...'

Kwon whispered to himself as he kept on looking at Seungyeon who was seated only few chairs from him.

 

-oOo-

 

As soon as the school bell rang for lunch, everyone rushed out of the room since they were already starving. Nicole, however, was left there inside as she was still finishing some notes. She thought she was alone until she looked up and was surprised to see who was still there. "J-Jinwoon-ssi..'' She whispered to herself as she kept looking at him who was fixing his stuff such as books and other files. Soon enough, he left and she was completely alone this time. She sighed and put her pen down on the table. "Can't you really see that I'm here? I've been wanting to let you know but I just can't.."

Suddenly, two heads slowly appeared from the window of her classroom. Nicole was getting ready to leave and as soon as she stood to grab her bag, she squealed at the sight of those heads and clutched her chest.

"Omo ya, eonni~ it's me! Don't fret.." Jiyoung finally showed up.

"Kang Jiyoung, you scared me!"

"Shhh! It's not a big deal. Did we really give you a mini-heart attack with just that? We just wanted to surprise you." Hara placed a finger on her lips and laughed as she appeared beside Jiyoung.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Nicole asked the duo, fixing her hair a bit.

"We're spying on you because we got nothing better to do."

"So..." Jiyoung whispered. "Anything interesting about Jinwoon sunbae today?"

Nicole sighed, "It's still the same.. I'm just really like air to him, okay?"

"Ya, you're just bringing her mood down." Hara elbowed their maknae before turning back to Nicole. "Ah! If you don't have classes anymore then let's prepare for the party later."

"Oh can we just meet later? I'm going home right now since my mom agreed to help me with the preparation." Nicole smiled widely.

"Aww arasseo.. Let's meet later then and go to the venue together. We'll go to your house, alright?" Hara smiled and waved before pulling Jiyoung with her away from the classroom.

 

-oOo-

 

Nicole's mother opened the door to her bedroom and stepped in. She was curious to see what 'dress' her daughter has come up with. Setting the makeup kit on the dresser, she walked to the big closet and opened the doors, in search for it.

When she opened the closet, the first thing that caught her eyes was a short tube dress in pink & black, combined. Taking it out, she examined it carefully from front to the back and she can't believe that her daughter's skills were amazing.

Moments later, the front door closed and she knew Nicole was home. She laid the dress on the bed neatly and went out to greet her daughter.

"Eomma~" Nicole smiled as she saw her mother. "Oh? Were you in my room just now?" She tilted her head.

"Ah.. ne.. I brought the makeup kit and I was also curious so I went to see your dress. Omo, how were you able to make something cute and stylish?" Her mother took her hand and they went to her room.

"Sit here.." Her mother instructed her, pointing to the chair in front of the dresser and she obeyed.

"Well.. that pink dress was already tight around the waist so I readjusted it plus I took some parts out to make the ribbon in front and the ties at the back." Nicole explained as her mother started fixing her hair. "And for the black part... remember my dress that was spilled with some liquid on the upper portion? It won't come off no matter how much I try to wash it so it was a perfect idea to cut the lower part and utilize it.. thus the new product!" She proudly smiled at her reflection in the mirror.

"Aigoo.. I have such a smart daughter." Her mother praised her and laughed.

"I got it from you, of course!" She laughed along.

She spent about an hour in front of the mirror while her mother did the makeover to her.

 

-oOo-

 

"If you want me to help you then stop asking about Jinwoon's feelings whatsoever, ara?" Kwon pinched Seungyeon's cheeks as he couldn't take her cuteness anymore.

"Yaaa~~" Seungyeon whined, slapping his hands away from her face before rubbing her cheeks. "Alright I won't ask but you should keep your hands off my precious face!"

Kwon snickered while looking at her face, making her raise an eyebrow in question. "Mwo?"

"Ani.. it's just that you looked really cute just now. And ya, you could even thank me, you know? At least you won't need to put some makeup anymore because your cheeks are already red.." He continued to .

"Not funny~" Seungyeon kicked his left leg lightly.

"Ya, you mean hamster!"

The two of them continued bickering until someone interrupted them with a fake cough, causing both of them to turn to the door.

"Ohh it's the lovebirds again."

"Ya, we're not-"

"Just leave the classroom already and prepare for the party later. Ah, and hyung! The meeting.. don't forget.." Jinwoon chuckled before walking away from them.

 

-oOo-

 

"Have you contacted Gyuri eonni?" Hara asked Jiyoung as they walked towards Nicole's doorstep.

"Ani.. I've tried calling but  couldn't get through." Jiyoung frowned.

The door suddenly opened and Nicole's mother was surprised to see her two friends standing there.

"Omo~ Eomeoni annyeong~" The two slightly bowed. "I was actually just about to press the doorbell." Hara said and chuckled.

"Aigoo, come in, you two. Nicole has just finished dressing up."

The two ladies immediately headed to Nicole's bedroom and they saw her already dressed up and putting her black shoes on.

"Omo eonni~" Nicole turned towards the door and was surprised to see her two beloved friends. "Eonnie, you're like a goddess.. I almost didn't recognize you." Jiyoung chuckled and sat on Nicole's bed.

"W-what goddess? Aigoo, aren't you exaggerating?" Nicole laughed a bit then stood to check on her shoes.

"Now this will be perfect for la-" Jiyoung was stopped when Hara covered .

"I agree with Jing. You look gorgeous and your makeup looks perfect with your outfit. Now I want eomeoni to do my makeup too." Hara grinned.

"I'd love to, lovely ladies~" Nicole's mother walked in and smiled. "And I already left the shop in Yongjun's care like Joo suggested so I'm free for the rest of the day."

"Let me go first then~!" Jiyoung rushed to the chair in front of the dresser with a wide smile, feeling victorious.

"Ya, shouldn't the older one come first?" Hara complained as she poked the younger's shoulders nonstop, only to have Nicole laugh at them both.

"Alright, you two. Just step out to the living room when you're ready." She smiled and left three ladies in her room.

 

-oOo-

 

The venue was already set - atmosphere, lights, music, food, and everything else that a party would need. Jinwoon arrived early to check if everything was already okay.

"Hyung, I think there won't be any problem later." Jinwoon smiled as he walked towards a table and took a seat beside Kwon.

"Maybe I should have worn a small tiara on my head since the theme is prince and princesses." Seungyeon, who was seated to Kwon's right, complained while checking her hairdo through the pocket mirror she held in front of her.

"Ya, forget it!" Kwon snatched her mirror away and placed it on the table, just in front of him. "You won't look like a princess even if you did." He snorted and she glared at him.

"Now look who's being mean!" She was still glaring at him.

"Why are you even here? Are you following me again? Do you like me that much?" He looked at her from head to toe before raising an eyebrow.

"Aigoo, will there ever be a day when I won't see you bickering with each other?" Jinwoon leaned back on his seat as he laughed at the two.

"Whatever.." Seungyeon rolled her eyes before standing up and walking out of the function hall to go to the ladies' room.

"Jinwoon-ah, when are you planning to tell HER about your feelings? You know who I mean.." Kwon asked Jinwoon out of the blue as soon as Seungyeon was gone.

"I.. don't know. I will one day but maybe not now."

"On the second thought, don't you think today's event is the right timing?" Kwon asked again, obviously knowing something.

"Do you think I should give it a try?" Jinwoon asked, feeling a bit hesitant.

"It could be now or never." Kwon then stood and walked away, leaving him to think about it carefully.

Few more minutes later and students started to fill the venue. Some in groups, some alone.

Two hours after, Nicole finally arrived, together with her friends. They immediately walked to the long table where the registration was and signed there names in. After signing her name, she looked around the place, trying to spot him when Hara nudged her elbow.

"Looking for someone, I see." The latter teased with a wide grin. "Omo! He's there.. Let's go inside now." Hara pointed then pulled Nicole inside the hall. They looked for a good spot and gathered around the table.

"D-do I look alright? I want him to notice me even for just a slight moment.."

"Of course, eonni. You look the best~" Jiyoung chimed and held her thumbs up.

Just then, Jinwoon passed by their table and stopped to greet them.

"You guys are here now." He smiled at them. "I hope you'll enjoy the party later." Then his eyes met Nicole's and he saw her smiling at him. Kwon's words echoed in his mind once again.

'It could be now or never.'

"A-annyeong Jinwoon-ssi.." Nicole finally greeted, feeling slightly nervous and shy at the same time. Even though they are in the same class, they never really talked with each other unless it was for some class-related activities.

'Maybe I should try telling him.. but how do I start? And where?' Nicole softly sighed as she thought to herself.

About thirty minutes passed and the host headed to the front and grabbed the microphone.

"Good evening, ladies and gents. To officially open tonight's event, Mr. Jung is here to give to give a short introduction."

Jinwoon walked up to the small stage, with a wide smile, as the audience was already clapping loudly in anticipation.

"Hello everyone! Professors and students alike, thank you for coming tonight to this year's Acquaintance Party. We've organized activities such as performances coming from different levels and classes. The dinner part.. is there too, of course. We hope that everyone will be able to socialize with each and everyone and get to know more about each other. That's all for now, thank you.. and welcome aboard." He slightly bowed to the audience and another wave of loud applause was heard throughout the hall.

"How could he be so cool just by standing there and delivering a speech?" Nicole mumbled as she cupped her cheeks but Gyuri unexpectedly heard her.

"Ohh.. someone's already in her daydream land.." She faked a cough and teased Nicole.

"Ya, eonnie.. it's supposed to be 'nightdream' land since it's already evening.." Hara joked and teased along and the rest of the girls laughed.

"Mwo? I was just.. just admiring his coolness.." Nicole replied in a whisper.

"Eonnie, why don't you take this opportunity to tell him your true thoughts and feelings?" Jiyoung suggested while placing a hand on Nicole's left shoulder.

"You think I should? I've thought of that too but what if things don't turn out well?" Nicole voiced out, sounding a bit hesitant and worried at the same time.

"Well then at least you tried." Gyuri smiled.

 

-oOo-

 

It was now the third group performing while the others are busy munching on their dinner. Since it was about time to carry out the plan, Gyuri cleared a bit loud before turning to the girls. "Hey, want to move somewhere else?" She grinned. Obviously, the other three know it already except for the clueless Nicole.

"Where will go, eonni?"

"I feel bored here. Maybe we should have our own party!"

"I agree!" Hara second the motion.

The five of them stood from the table and left altogether, heading to another room, to the end of the hallway, which was actually a lounge.

"Aigoo, don't worry.. we'll go back there before the party ends so you'll still see your Jinwoon-ssi." Gyuri quoted the air as she said the word 'your' then linked her arm with Nicole's.

Seungyeon gripped on her phone tightly as she sent a message to Kwon. 'We're on our way there. Just keep an eye on him for now.'

"Whoa~ They even have a small bar here." Jiyoung clapped her hands in excitement when they had entered the lounge..

They ordered ladies' drink and went to a small table with no chairs when suddenly, Hara excused herself.

"Ah! Mother nature is calling me. I'll be back soon~"

"Eonni, let me go with you!" Jiyoung said before following out and Nicole just laughed at them while shaking her head lightly.

"Sometimes I wonder if they're really cousins or long-lost twins with the way they behave."

As she was sipping her drink, she looked around the place and was pleased with the lights and the music.

"It's really cool here eonni. But I'm worried I might fall asleep here if we stay really long."  She chuckled.

Few minutes later, Seungyeon pretended as if something is missing from her.

"Omo! Where's my phone?" She opened her purse and looked through it, careful enough not to reveal that it was just there. "Ah I think I need to check in the hall. I might have left it there. Eonni, me please." She pulled Gyuri's arm and walked towards the door.

"Do you need me to help too?" Nicole asked but Seungyeon nicely turned the offer down.

"It's alright, you can just stay here and guard the place because you know.. another group of people might come so yeah.."

The two of them left the lounge and turned into a corner, where Hara and Jiyoung are.

"She didn't suspect anything, did she?" Hara calmly asked.

"I made sure she didn't..." Seungyeon grinned before sending a message to Kwon, giving the go-signal.

 

-oOo-

 

Jinwoon was there, sitting beside Kwon at the front table, where the rest of the student organization officers were seated. Some were still eating, others were watching the performance, some happily chatting with their friends. He continued to watch the students on the other tables. He was actually starting to get bored but he knows he has to keep up until the day ends.

Kwon, on the other hand, was already feeling anxious while staring at his phone screen. Seeing that there was no new message, he decided to play a game first. He was actually waiting for Seungyeon's text.

He was playing for a few good minutes and was so into the game when his phone suddenly beeped, displaying that he had a new message.

"Aish, this hamster! Such great timing she has.." He blurted a little loud, causing Jinwoon to turn to him.

"What's wrong, hyung?"

"Oh? Nothing.. just lost in the game haha.." Kwon opened the message and read that the ladies were already in the lounge.

"Jinwoon-ah, want to go take a break from here? It's starting to get pretty boring. How about we get some drinks at the lounge?" He suggested to his dongsaeng, trying to sound really convincing.

"But how about-"

"The other officers are here.. don't worry."

"Arasseo..."

Both guys stood up and made their way to the lounge. When they reached the door, Kwon excused himself using the same reason as Hara's, letting Jinwoon enter the lounge alone.

At first, Jinwoon hesitated but then he slowly opened the door and walked in. It was then he found that Nicole was also there and it surprised him.

Nicole looked up as soon as she heard the door closed, thinking that the ladies have returned, only be surprised at the sight in front of her.

"Ya, what took you s-"

"Yongjoo-ssi.." Jinwoon smiled and waved a little, causing her heart to almost melt right at the moment. "What are you doing here?" He asked as he signaled to the waiter for a drink then approached her.

"Oh.. w-well, my friends wanted to take a break so we came here.. but they're out for a moment. They'll be back later." She managed to say quickly, afraid that she might stutter completely because of the nervousness.

"I see.." He nodded and smiled while looking at her.. more likely staring.. making her feel a little uneasy.

Meanwhile, outside the room, five ears were pressed against the door to eavesdrop on the conversation they were having inside.

"Hey~ What's happening now? I can't hear anything.." Seungyeon whispered and Kwon elbowed her.

"Shh.. let's just try to listen, okay?" He placed his index finger on her lips but she pushed his hand away.

"Ya, you two.. stop it, okay?" Jiyoung glared at them and they finally quieted down.

"Is there.. something on my face or anything weird?" They finally heard Nicole ask after some moments of silence.

"Hmm? Oh, aniya. You actually look very beautiful tonight.." Jinwoon admitted, making her slightly blush and feel more shy.

"T-thank you. I only customized my dress instead of buying a new one. So how about you, what are you doing here?"

"Ah.. Kwon hyung figured that maybe it's better if we leave the hall first since it's getting quite boring." He chuckled. "But he went out for a bit."

Then suddenly, Nicole remembered her friends' words earlier.

"Ah, J-Jinwoon-ssi.."

"Ne?" He smiled at her again, his eyes smiling with his lips.

"Nan..." She started but became hesitant right after.

"Say it.. just say it.." Gyuri, who was still listening from outside, was mumbling to herself.

"A-ani.. never mind."

"If you have anything to say or ask, just go ahead.. don't be shy." Jinwoon chuckled as he saw Nicole's pink-tainted cheeks.

"Do you.. do you like someone in our school?" She asked instead, biting her lip lightly and clutching her dress from under the table to hide her nervousness. "Y-you don't have to answer if it's something rather personal.."

Jinwoon smiled and looked at her. "Aigoo, you made me nervous just now. I thought you were going to borrow money or something." He said then laughed before taking a sip on his drink. "Well.. 1, I do like someone IN our school and 2, no , it's not something personal so don't worry."

"But why do you suddenly ask?" He added when he noticed that Nicole seemed to be spacing out.

"Oh?" The last question finally got her back to her back to her senses. "C-can I actually be honest? I.. I.. it's because I.. l-like you.." She finally confessed, whispering the last part as she looked down to the table, feeling extremely shy.

"Yes!" Hara punched the air as she squealed in silence after hearing Nicole say those words.

"W-what did you say?" He was completely taken by surprise for he did not expect to hear those words from her.

"I liked you for more than a year now but you don't seem to take notice of it so-"

"Yongjoo-ssi.." Jinwoon cut her off as he walked closer towards her, held her shoulders, and embraced her, making her widen her eyes in surprise. "I didn't know you felt that way too."

"T-too?"  She asked, blinking once in mild confusion after pulling back from the embrace.

"Yeah.. the truth is, I've liked you for a long time now.. even though not as long as you have. And since then, it has been a problem for me how to tell you because you seemed too distant. But now that I know that you feel the same.. the uneasy feeling suddenly faded away.." He confessed all at once as Nicole tried to wipe the tears on her cheeks away.

"So the one you like is me, Jung Yongjoo?" She asked again, seeking confirmation.

"Ne, the only Jung Yongjoo in the campus.." Jinwoon chuckled as he wiped more of her tears. "Don't cry.. it doesn't suit you." He embraced her again.

Nicole laughed then smiled widely. "Okay.. it's just that I'm very happy right now." She slowly wrapped her arms around him, returning his embrace.

"Ah, by the way, what's taking them so long?" Nicole remembered then pulled away to check on her phone. "It's been quite a while since they went out."

"Even Kwon hyung isn't back yet.."

The five people outside started cheering and giving each other a hi-5 gesture when Kwon accidentally turned the knob and it pushed the door open, causing all of them to land to the floor, some on top of the others.

"Oww! Ya, don't you know how to be careful?" Seungyeon hit Kwon, who was beside her.

"Omo!" Both Nicole and Jinwoon snapped their heads towards the door's direction when they heard a thud and they were shocked to see their friends on the floor.

"Eonnis.. sunbae.. Hara.. Jing.."

"Hyung.."

"Mwoya? You've been out there, planning about this since yesterday?"

Kwon and the girls stood from their positions one by one and dusted their clothes off.

"Seungyeon asked a favor from me.. more like she kept on bugging me for it." He calmly stated and grinned.

"I knew it was kind of strange.. since yesterday." Nicole blinked her eyes once, still trying to absorb everything.

"But everything turned out well, right? It means we did well!" Hara chimed before gesturing a hi-5 to Jiyoung.

"Congrats, Jinwoon-ah. I'm glad you took my advice." Kwon grinned and patted Jinwoon's shoulder, having Seungyeon turn to him while glaring.

"Ya, I figured that you knew something! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I could have spoiled the fun if I told you."

"So.." Jiyoung interrupted as she had her arms around Hara's neck from behind. "How about you two? When are you going to confess to each other?"

"Mwo??" Both Kwon and Seungyeon shouted at the same time.

"Ya, there's nothing like that. How can I like this cute hamster when she's always so mean and harsh?" Kwon pinched Seungyeon's cheeks again. causing her to yelp before she slapped and pushed his hands away.

"Ohh~ Did you just say she's cute?" Gyuri wiggled her eyebrows, her arms folded across her chest. "Well anyway, congrats dongsaeng-ah.." She walked towards Nicole and held both of her hands before embracing her.

"A-ani.. it's not like that, eonni." Nicole blushed as she pulled back from the short embrace. "But in any case, I want to thank you guys for.. helping me." She cupped her own cheeks, feeling that it's getting warmer again and Jinwoon was at the side, smiling at her cuteness.

"So shall we head back to the hall now?" Hara suggested and everyone agreed. She exited the lounge first, together with Jiyoung, followed by Gyuri, Jinwoon, and Nicole, and Seungyeon and Kwon were last.

"So.. what's going to happen now? What's your status now?" Kwon teased again as he whispered to Jinwoon, but loud enough for Nicole to hear.

"Hmm.. molla.. we'll know starting tomorrow.." Jinwoon then took Nicole's hand in his, intertwining their fingers.

 

 

'Finally...' Nicole tried her best to hide her wide smile and looked down as she blushed even harder. She slowly held his hand tightly while they walked back inside the function hall. She suddenly wished for the night to end sooner because she knew that there will be more and better memories awaiting them in the days to come.. and that night was only the start.