Chapter 1

April Fool's Day

Listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhmR_PZKQA0

 

Nicole's POV

 

I was sleeping peacefully on the first rest day we had in months. I was so deep in sleep, I didn't notice my phone ringing loudly even though it was right beside me. I distinctly remember the door opening with a bang and someone jumping onto me.

"Nicole! I would kill you in your sleep if you weren't in my group. Now hurry up and pick up that phone before Gyuri comes in here," Seungyeon yelled in my ear.

If Gyuri came in here, it'd be because of her yelling not my cell phone. "Yeah, yeah. I got it, now go back to sleep," I murmured with a scratchy voice.

She nodded and ran out of my room.

I groggily picked up my cell. "Hello?"

"Hey, did you just wake up? You sound horrible! You're not sick are you? If you are I'm gonna come over there and - "

"No, I'm not sick. You just woke me up from my precious sleep, you moron," I said as I rolled my eyes at his nagging.

"What kind of idol still sleeps at this time? It's almost 9!"

"Shut up, Key. Why did you call anyway?" I was completely awake now, all traces of sleep gone. Key, you dumb jerk, he knew how much I loved sleeping.

He gasped dramatically. "I was just worrying about you! And besides, do I need a reason to call my best friend? Gosh Cole, you're really grumpy this morning."

I sighed and felt bad. He WAS worrying about me and I told him to shut up. "Sorry Key, I'm just really tired right now. You know how I am."

"Yeah, yeah. PMS is what you are," he laughed.

"Hey!" I angrily said.

"Anyway, there is a reason why I called you this LATE morning," he said.

"And what is that reason?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"Well, I want to know if we can to hang out today," he said it as if we weren't idols and didn't have creepy fans stalking us every moment.

"Wait, there's a lot of weird things about this," I said.

"What do you mean?"

"First, you have a lot of schedules today and aren't you flying to Japan tomorrow? Second, why do you want to meet up all of a sudden?" I listed the things that came to mind.

"I'll be finished my schedule by the afternoon and the event tomorrow got canceled. I wanted to tell you something." he answered my questions without missing a beat.

I sighed. "Where and when?"

I could feel him grinning. "I'll text you the place and I'll call you when I'm done my schedule." 

"'I'll see you then." I hung up before he could say anything. I felt a bit bad for treating him like this but I was never a really morning anyway. Key knew never to call me in the morning.

I sighed a second time this morning and jumped out of bed, going to the bathroom. As I opened the shower curtain, I screamed and fell in shock. A huge snake was sitting in the tub! Just then, Hara and Jiyoung hopped in the room, giggling like mad women. I got up and crossed my arms at them.

"April Fool's, unnie!" Jiyoung yelled as Hara continued laughing. I shook my head at their immaturity ad threw the fake snake out of the tub. I was so burning that later.

Once I finished showering and dressing I went to the kitchen to eat breakfast. There I saw Gyuri and Sungyeon already eating some bibimpap. Hara and Jinyoung popped out of nowhere again beside me. "We made breakfast as an apology unnie! Here, eat some!" Jiyoung offered. She gave me a plate of bibimpap. My eyes widened as I quickly sat down and took a huge bite. A burning flavour lit up my taste buds and I ran to relieve my throat. The whole while, the other four girls were laughing their heads off.

"You're so gullible, Nicole! Gyuri and I both smelled the wasabi and avoided it but you just shoved it in your mouth," Sungyeon laughed. My mouth hung open. I didn't even notice  they put wasabi in it! I should have known, Hara and Jiyoung never cook. They always trick me the most today out of the whole year.

This was going to be a tiring day but I also had Key's little outing to look forward to.

"Can I get real bibimpap now? I'm starving," I'm complained. They smiled and quickly got me a nice plate of food.

 

Hara's POV

 

Jiyoung and I had been planning all of these tricks last night and they were working perfectly! Nicole fell for every single one. She's so funny and cute.

As I watched the members of my group eat breakfast, my cell phone rang and I swiftly got out of the kitchen so I wouldn't disturb their peace.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hara-ssi? It's Key from SHINee," the voice replied.

How the heck did he get my number? I decided to ignore it for now.

"Oh hi Key-ssi. What's the matter?" I asked. Key and I were really awkward around each other so it's a surprise he called. Nicole and him are the best friends. I wonder why they haven't gotten together yet.

"Well, I need your help with this prank I'm going to do on a girl I like," he cautiously said.

"Why would you prank the girl you like though?" I asked him.

"It's a prank to get her to realize her feelings for me."

"How are you so sure that she likes you? And who is this girl? someone I know? why do you need my help?" I bombarded him with questions.

"It's Nicole."

I gasped and had to suppress myself from squealing like a fan girl and running around the dorm.

"Nicole from my group, KARA?" I asked just to make sure we were talking about the same person.

"I don't know any other Nicole's do I?" he said

Sheesh, how would I know? I pouted in annoyance at his divaness.

"So what's the prank? You've come to the person because I've been tricking Nicole since the moment she woke up!" I excitedly said.

"Okay, you need to calm down," he laughed.

"I am calm!!"

"Right. Anyway, this is how the prank is going to work. I asked Nicole to meet me today and I'm going to tell her I have a girlfriend then - "

"What? That's a horrible prank! How is this going to make her realize her feelings? She's just going to be depressed and miserable. No way am I helping you do this!" I interrupted.

"Hold on! I'm not even done explaining yet. I'm going to tell her that I'm going out with you. She's going to be sad and jealous then she'll be like 'Why am I sad?' then she'll realize her feelings and I'll tell her the day after that I love her and I only did it so she could understand," he finished.

"Oooh, that makes more sense. I don't know though. It seems a little too harsh." I cringed at the thought of Nicole wandering around the dorm like a zombie and eating all the food.

"Please!!!! PLEASE! PLEEEAAASSEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he yelled and I pulled the phone away from my ear.

"Okay, fine!" I gave in.

"Yay! Now tell her you got a boyfriend but don't tell her my name."

"Why?"

"Just do it." he ordered.

I sighed. "Alright."

"Thanks Hara! You're awesome! I'll set you up with Minho sometime."

"What?! Who said anything about Minho?"  but he already hung up.

Oh boy, I have a bad feeling about this.

 

 

First chappie! I don't even think Koreans do April Fool's Day. LOL But for the sake of this fic they do, alright? XD

Comments and subscribers are loved!~