Unpredictable

Baby hold on

Chapter 12

 

Unpredictable

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeori was convinced that all those presents that Baekhyun sent two months ago was just his way to apologize and she was convinced that he wouldn’t do anything else.

 

She was wrong.

 

Even if two months passed, he continued sending presents and useful things for kids, to the point that it was almost annoying Jongdae but as he was a very comprehensive boyfriend he dealt with his jealousy by himself. Maybe deep inside him he was afraid that Baekhyun’s presents would affect Yeori but quickly he realized that it wasn’t the case. Of course she was happy that somehow Baekhyun cared about her and about the kids but it stopped there. Yet, he still wondered if something could happen again between those two.

 

It didn’t take Yeori long to notice that from time to time Jongdae looked anxious and of course she understood the reason behind it. She wished she could tell him clearly how much she loved him and that she cared for Baekhyun because he was her first love and because he was somehow a friend. Life wasn’t that easy.

 

So when Jongdae left for work, Yeori found herself one more time alone at home wondering about her feelings and what she should for Jongdae. After all he had done for her, he deserved something special

 

 

 

 

Being alone at her place felt almost weird as she was used to be with Jongdae most of the time but for once she didn’t mind as she knew that it was important for Jongdae to work as well or else it would only bring problem to both of them and at the same time he couldn’t rely on his friend forever. But just when she thought that she would be alone, the doorbell rang making her jump from the couch. Quickly, she glanced at the watch and wondered who could visit her this late.

 

She really couldn’t predict this visit.

 

When she opened the door, she found herself in front of a all smiling Byun Baekhyun and let’s be honest it was a shock for her. Of course all the presents he sent for the babies made her thinking about him but she never even imagined that one day he would find the courage to show up before her eyes.

 

“Baek?” If she tried to not sound too surprised, she failed as her voice cracked the moment she pronounced those words. “What, what are you doing here?”

 

“I wanted to see you, am I not allowed now?” Once again he sounded all cocky but it felt different and Yeori felt it almost immediately. Even if he acted cocky, his smile and his eyes told her another story and for once she didn’t mind his behavior.

 

“Euh…Sure.”

 

“Can I come in?”

 

Was it a good idea? She was torn between the idea of letting come in and maybe have a nice discussion, and the idea of not letting him inside her flat or else it would probably bring her only trouble. She bit her lips while thinking about a solution while Baekhyun was staring at her intensely. He hadn’t seen her for some months already and all he could think was that she became even prettier; pregnancy made her only look even more beautiful; oh how much he regretted everything he had done previously.

 

“So?” He dared to ask again, making her snap out of her dream.

 

“Come in.”

 

Maybe it was wrong but deep inside her she felt that it was the right thing to do, after all they hadn’t spoken for a long time and she did missed it.

 

“How are you Yeori?”

 

“Great but I’m so fat.” She pouted, automatically she put her hand on her stomach and it gently.

 

“You still look beautiful.” Baekhyun said completely serious and sincere.

 

Seeing a serious Baekhyun was new for her. Imagine seeing someone always cocky, always playful, committing lots of mistakes and never apologizing or even taking responsibility, turning suddenly so serious and so sincere was unexpected. But well, Byun Baekhyun was always the unpredictable kind of guy and maybe because of that Yeori fell once for him.

 

But today it was so different.

 

“What are you really doing here Baek?”

 

“I wanted to see you, talk to you. I don’t know about you but I miss our times together and by that I don’t mean as lover but as friends.”

 

“Baek…”

 

“I already apologized once and it’s really weird but, I don’t mind apologizing again because it’s you. I’m really glad to see that you’re happy with your boyfriend but he’s dangerous and I’m worried about you.”

 

“He’s not, really.”

 

“Jongdae’s work is dangerous. Imagine that one day he fails his mission, you’ll be in the middle of this .”

 

As much as she wanted to deny it, she couldn’t, he was damn right but even knowing the truth she just couldn’t do anything about it because of her feelings. A deep sigh escaped her lips as she let herself fall on the couch. “I really don’t care Baek. As long as he takes care of me and loves me as much as I do, I really don’t care. For the past six months he stayed by my side and made me happy every single day.”

 

“You make me feel bad you know?”

 

“Well, you’re a bastard”, Yeori admitted with a smirk plastered on her face that made Baekhyun pout, “But a handsome bastard.”

 

“I’m not sure how I’m supposed to take it.”

 

“As a kind of compliment?”

 

“Doesn’t sound like one but well.” He sat next to her and poked her side. “Did you like the presents?”

 

“Of course I did! I didn’t know you had such good taste with toys and clothes for baby.” It sounded like she was mocking him and in a way it was the case but she liked seeing him with red cheeks.

 

“Stop mocking me.”

 

“Not my style.”

 

“Sure. But fine, I’ll confess something: my sister helped me a lot because I as a future dad.”

 

Now he was more than embarrassed by his confession but he wanted her to know the truth and that he really cared about her and the babies. He wished he could turn back the time and be the one by her side.

 

Sadly, it didn’t work that way.

 

Yeori was really touched by his confession; this side of Baekhyun was really lovely and unexpected once again but she definitely loved it. She turned around and grabbed his hands gently while a soft smile appeared on her lips. “You know that you can always see them, I don’t mind and I’m sure Jongdae wouldn’t mind.”

 

“Trust me, Jongdae does mind.”

 

Baekhyun remembered this time when they argued about Yeori and in the end they started fighting; if it wasn’t because of their friends’ presence, Baekhyun wasn’t sure that he would still be alive; after all it was Jongdae’s role to eliminate people. Just at this memory he shivered. Never again he wanted to fight this guy.

 

Yeori realized at this moment that there was something that she missed something previously and it hit her hardly: how in the world did Jongdae and Baekhyun know each other?

 

“Wait…Do you…Do you know Jongdae?”

 

Baekhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath before facing an almost angry Yeori. “I do. Actually we’re all buddies but if you wonder, no, he didn’t know about you until you met in the street.”

 

“Dammit!”

 

He realized that maybe he shouldn’t have told her that but he didn’t regret telling her the truth; after all, she had enough with lies. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze and smiled. “He loves you and you know it. It shouldn’t matter. I just want you to be careful.”

 

 

 

When Baekhyun left Yeori felt her blood boiling once again. It was a small lie but it was still a lie. Knowing that Baekhyun and Jongdae knew each other confused her and made her doubt everything. What if Jongdae knew about her –even if Baekhyun told her otherwise-? Deep inside she knew it was dumb from her but she couldn’t help. She grabbed her phone from the other side of the couch and wrote a message.

 

“Next time when you lie, make sure that nobody would tell me about it. Oh and take your time at work, I’m really not in mood to speak with you right now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When her phone rang this night Yeori thought she would kill the person who dared to wake her up in the middle of the night and the fact that it was an unknown number didn’t help her to calm down at all, it was even the opposite. Angrily she straightened herself in the bed.

 

“What?”

 

“Hi Yeori.” A deep voice could be heard, a voice that almost immediately calmed her down because she had no idea who it was and the thought that a stranger had her number was scary.

 

“Who are you?”

 

“Oh right, we never met. I’m Kris, Jongdae’s friend.”

 

The moment he said his name she remembered all the moments when Jongdae mentioned him, telling how much he helped him and covered him at work. Even if deep inside her she was still upset she calmed down, she owed him a lot.

 

“Oh, hi? Wait, why do you have my number?”

 

“Does it really matter? Listen, I know it’s late but Jongdae got problems and now he’s in hospital.”

 

What Kris said had more effect on Yeori that he expected. She jumped from the bed and screamed a what that even her neighbors had probably heard. “What kind of problems? Is he ok?”

 

“Why won’t you come here if you want to know?”

 

Before she could even reply he had already hang up, not letting her a chance to reply. This kind of behavior always frustrated her but this time the emergency made her completely forgot her frustration. Quickly, she got dressed and left her flat without even thinking twice. She needed to make sure that he was alive.

 

But when she reached the hospital, she wasn’t allowed to visit him, they didn’t even tell him if he was alright.

 

“Dammit, are you kidding me?!I’m his girlfriend and you can’t even tell me if he’s alive? Are you stupid or what?” Yeori screamed, forgetting that she was in a hospital and losing all self-control.

 

“Miss please-“ The nurse tried to say but stopped as soon as she saw the person standing behind the young woman. Almost immediately she lowered her head just because she was completely scared of this man aka Kris.

 

Just the moment when Yeori was ready to snap more, a hand patted her shoulder; she turned around and faced a giant. A real giant. Just by the way he looked at her she was convinced that it was this guy, Kris.

 

“Kris?”

 

“For sure you know how to create trouble to everybody, don’t you?”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“It was because of your message that this accident happened.”

 

 

 

 

 

 



A/N : Hi guys! Long time no see!

I had so much difficulties to write this chapter tbh, actually not only this chapter, I just have problems with writing recently. I'm reading a lot but I feel like crap with my stories. I like the plots and everything but just the way I'm writing piss me off most of the time, I'm never satisfied with myself I guess. It's really frustrating. I wish I could improve and change this damn feeling inside me but kinda impossible for the moment *sigh*.

Anyway, I still hope that you'll like it.

And thank you for commenting, subscribing ♥

See you!