When I was your man

When I was your man

Dedicated to all KhunYoung shippers out there, especially my KYG.

Inspired by When I was your man -Bruno Mars

Idea by @__pearlyboey

HAPPY 4TH ANNIVERSARY KHUNYOUNG! <3

He got into his room, didn’t mind to turn on the light. NichKhun laid his back on the big bed. He sighed, like always. He just got back from one long day, packed with schedules. Flying here and there, it has been weeks since he got back to his own room. Although he did try to avoid being here. He was alone in the dorm. ChanSung and JunHo must have gone back to their parents house, spending some precious free time with their family before catching up with tight schedules again.

Khun felt his head aching. He really pushed himself too hard these days. Not even try to change his clothes, Khun wanted nothing more than sound sleep. But he just couldn’t. It was the same bed he used to sleep on, but suddenly these days, it just became so strange, much bigger than it used to be. All just because one is missing. Khun closed his eyes to find some sleep but only flashback got back to his mind.

“I’m so freaking tired Khunnie!”-the young boy pouted and threw himself on the bed.

“Me too , Youngie. Why do they have to make us play water games even at night?”-Khun lay next to WooYoung, after filming 2pm show, they really had no energy left.

“My back hurted so bad.”-the younger whined. It made Khun worried immediately.

“Really? Let me see.”-tired as he was, Khun sat up to check on Woo. He trailed his hands on the small shoulder, massaged his love all over. Woo let out some soft moans, indicating that he had felt much better.

“You’re the best Khunnie ah.”-the compliment drew a smile on Khun’s face. He is happy whenever Woo is happy. Just the  younger smile can clear away all his tiredness. He said nothing but just kept pleasing the younger boy. Khun leaned closer, slightly pulled up the thin white shirt of WooYoung and planted a kiss on that lean body…

“Hey, it tickles”-WooYoung giggled, tried to push Khun away but the older wasn’t that weak

“Tickle hmm?”-he asked teasefully and continued to blow some air on the white skin of Woo’s stomache.

“Haha! Stop Khunnie, stop! Haha!”-his laughters filled the whole room. Oh how much Khun loves that laugh.

They lay side by side, Woo snuggled even closer to Khun, gave him one last smile and chaste a kiss on the older’s lips, then he dozed off. The taller boy smiled happily, he his lover’s hair. Their shared bed fit them perfectly.

Now Khun was lying on the same bed, but the emptiness always haunts him. He flung his hands around but found nothing. Nothing but an empty spot that still lingered WooYoung’s smell. He sighed sadly once again, played back the scenario in his head again and again. Pictures of their happy time. Khun took them all into his sleeps, reality and dreams mixed together.

*~*~*~

Khun woke up to the loud noises of two maknaes in the kitchen.

“Yah, hurry up. We have shooting schedules today.”-JunHo’s voice was at full maximum as he hurried ChanSung. The tall boy was still brushing his teeth in the bathroom. They must have come back to the dorm when Khun had fallen asleep. That means it was very very late. Now they had to run early schedules. Poor the boys.

Khun walked out of his room, scratched his head when he saw JunHo’s eyes stared at him.

“What’s wrong with you Khun? Why are your eyes swollen?”-the younger worried.

“Huh?”-he watched himself in the mirror and realized his eyes were swollen badly. Did he cry that much last night? Khun didn’t want to find out.

“I must be allergic to some food I have eaten. It will be okay.”-he made up some clumsy excuses. But that wouldn’t deceive JunHo. However, the younger decided not to ask.

“Morning hyung”-ChanSung walked out from the bathroom, already changed his clothes.

“Which show are you two going?”-Khun kindly asked, just wanted to avoid the former subject.

JunHo seemed hestitate to answer his question. ChanSung, on the other hand , was more carefree. The maknae answered him excitedly:

“We are going to be guests on WooYoung’s We Got Married hyung. Seems like they are going to do some matchmakings between us and SeYoung’s friends.”-he said with a big smile. JunHo gave his friend an elbow hit right in the waist immediately.

“Ouch! Why did you hit me?”-the maknae cringed.

NichKhun missed the following furious glare of JunHo cause he turned away, heading to the bathroom. Since that day, whenever he heard WooYoung’s name, all it does was just tear him down. His heart breaks a little when he heard the younger’s name. He shut the door close, clutched his heart to take the pain. He missed Woo so much that it hurted. Now his love was hand in hand with some strange girl, filming the show that he used to be on.

“Why are you being so late?”-WooYoung pouted cutely.

“I was filming We Got Married”-Khun just answered and went around to give his lover a back hug.

“So…”

“Hmm…so what?”-he asked back.

“So where are the flowers that you give her? Shouldn’t you give them to me too?”-Woo turned away again.

Khun realized he was being so careless. He should have known that the other was very jealous. He should have treated Woo the same as he did for Victoria. Or else….

“I’m sorry WooYoung ah! Will make up to you okay?”

“And you’re also late…”-the younger sighed.

“I was busy!!”-Khun protested. – “You should be understanding for your lover, Youngie.”-he just meant to tease the shorter but it came out as harsh words. Khun knew he was wrong, but he didn’t know how to apologize. It was not like Woo was right either.

“Come on. Don’t sulk. It’s been a long time since we get to go out on date like this!”-he turned Woo around and kissed his lips. Woo always forgives him, the younger will just smile just after two seconds of their make-up kiss. They would just go back to walk hands in hands, though, their faces were covered, their heart always show at their true side when KhunWoo are together.

Khun did his morning activities and decided to talk a walk out of the dorm. This place depressed him too much. Every furniture he saw, every wall corners shouted “WooYoung” name, reminded him about their intimate times-those night with only two of them-crashing their bodies together like no tomorrow.

He covered his face, took a secret way out of the dorm, made sure that no fans followed him. Khun roamed around streets from streets. Unknowingly, his legs guided him back to the same familiar roads. They were young and they were wild. Khun was, especially. He was too dumb to realize how much WooYoung means for him. He knew he should have treated the younger better, should have done anything Woo asked him.

They walked along the shopping streets. Looking through the windows, they could see many beautiful displays of clothes, shoes, sweets. WooYoung got excited when he saw glittering dancing shoes. He gave Khun puppy eyes , showing that he really wanted to buy them but the older just shook his head. Same goes with every shops they went by.

“Khunnie ah”-Woo clutched his arms tightly- “At least go inside and buy me some cakes. Have them written “Happy Anniversary” for us too!”-he was still persuading.

“But we would got caught Youngie!”-Khun coldly said.

“Just a little. They won’t recognize us!”-Woo kept begging but still a cold “no”.

They walked and walked until they were drown out and had nothing to gossip about. The couple sat down on a small bench of the park. Their hands still intertwined, the younger leaned his head on Khun’s shoulder. And it was the most peaceful moment in their lives. Khun got his arms around the slim waist, pulling WooYoung closer. Another couple sitting opposite with them started to make out. Khun heard the younger chuckled.

“What’s so funny?”-he pressed their foreheads together. Too close that he could see Woo his lips under the mask covering his face.

“Nothing”-the shorter boy replied shyly- “I just think how do that couple see us? Two weird guys wearing masks even though it’s nearly midnight already.”

“Hmm, you’re right!”-Khun hummed, suddenly getting even closer. There was no space between them now. Just like the other couple. And they have not yet kissing.-“Let’s take these off for a while”-he said and slowly pulled down the covers on their faces.-“I can’t kiss you with these on.”

They crashed their lips together. Khun didn’t know how much he was craving for WooYoung until their lips were connected. His hands found their way into those dark locks as he deepened the kiss, his lips straddled the younger’s. WooYoung moaned into their heated kiss when Khun nibbled at his lower lip and it slightly. A perfect access for the older to plunge his tounge in. Slowly but full of tease. WooYoung was sure the couple right in front of them couldn’t share any hotter kiss than this. Khun’s tounge did miracle in Woo’s mouth when he slided on every corners, twirling hungrily until he found the other tounge intertwined with his, struggled for some dominance. They were so lost in their make out session that they didn’t even care about getting caught. Just the two of them together. Everything would be alright.

Khun stopped at the shoe shops that they used to see. He stared at the blue dancing shoes and a smile appeared on his face. He still remembered how much Woo loved dancing and how the younger begged him for those beautiful shoes. He should have known that WooYoung was more than able to buy those himself. It was that he wanted Khun to buy him some presents for their anniversary. Until now did he realize. It was too late. Nevertheless, Khun went inside the shop and went out with a box of shoes in his hands. He continued his journey. Suddenly all those memories were coming back so strong. He just missed WooYoung so much. The cake shop appeared in front of his eyes. Without any thinking, he went in to buy a small cake, specially asked for some frosting words on top.

The circle led him back to their empty dorm. Khun unboxed the cake, put some candles on it and smiled to himself.  “I should have done this when I was your man right WooYoung? I was so stupid. Now I have done it baby. But you aren’t here to celebrate with me.” The candles shone through the dark room with no lights. The words on the cake stood out beautifully: “Happy 4th anniversary NichKhun and WooYoung.”

“I said ‘Go on your own’ WooYoung. Can’t you see I’m tired!!”-NichKhun was screaming on the top of his lungs. ChanSung and JunHo also heard him. They gathered round the dorm’s living room, worried that a bomb would soon explode.

“Tired? Really? Tired after hanging out with Tiffany right? You can deceive the fans but not me Khun.”-Woo screamed back. He wasn’t crying. A tough boy as he always is.

“How…how dare you?”-Khun saw fire in his eyes. He was not aware that he was about to cause a big mess in their relationship. “She’s my friend. I just hang out with her cause she asked me. That’s all. And look at yourself first before you judge the other. What about all the girls you start to go to bar with lately hmm? You must be having a good time alone with them right?”-he spatted.

“Hang around with her cause she asked you?? What about me Khun? Have you ever gone out with me when I ask you to? Just like right now? I didn’t go to the bars alone. I want you to go with me. If you didn’t remember all the times before, at least remember that you just said ‘no’ to my invitation.”-WooYoung burst out. He angrily walked away to his room, stuffed his clothes and things into the luggage.

“WooYoung, wait….”-JunHo ran after him. “Calm down please! What are you doing?”

“What else?”-he glared at Khun – “Getting out of here. I need a break from this. I couldn’t stand being in a relationship when HE said ‘no’ to me all the times. ‘WooYoung, I don’t want to…”-he stuffed in his clothes harshly- “ ‘WooYoung, go on your own..’”-he emphasized with a lock of the suitcase.-“Now I can please you Khunnie. I’ll be on my own now. Hope you have fun!”

And there he left. Khun was left dumbfounded. He didn’t spare a word to beg WooYoung to come back. His pride, his ego, his needs and his selfish ways didn’t let him do that. They had caused the best lover of him to walk out on his life. Everything crashed down to dust. Nothing matters since then.

NichKhun the TV, roaming the channels while waiting for the candles to die out. He was souless. Ever since WooYoung left, they never talked, not even on their schedules together. Everything was cold, cold and cold. His heart ached so bad but he had no idea how to fix their relationship. We Got Married was being shown. WooYoung’s wedding. His love was beautiful, dressed in white with stylish hair. Khun missed Woo so much, seeing the younger smile to SeYoung literally killed him. Before their vows, WooYoung performed a dance to his fake wife. Watching those swift moves, Khun couldn’t help imagining that it should be him who was dancing along with Woo. He should have danced with WooYoung, should have taken him to parties and let the younger have fun. Cause right now Woo was dancing with another girl, was having fun with her.

His tears fell and streamed down his cheeks. Khun was more than tired. He couldn’t hold it any longer. He was pretending to be strong all the time, trying to be the man of their relationship. He had finally broke down. He should have accept that he had a weak point and that was WooYoung. Without WooYoung, Khun is nothing. He needs the younger. Khun needs Woo back into his life.

“Hello, this is WooYoung. I am now busy so please leave a message after the ‘beep’”

“WooYoung ah, it’s me NichKhun. I know we haven’t talked for a while, I don’t know if you still love me anymore,…”-his voice cracked. It just hurts so bad when he had to admit the truth. He has lost WooYoung. Maybe forever- “I am wrong, Youngie ah, I was always wrong. I should have cared more about your feelings, should have shown you that I love you so much. I should give you all my hours, when I had the chance. I should have taken you everywhere you want, do everything you like with you. I should have done more and more for you. But now it was all useless cause I am not your man anymore right. I hope you will find a better one than me. I hope they would love you nearly as much as I was, would be there for you everytime you need, would do all things that I couldn’t do, when I was your man. Happy 4th anniversary baby. This maybe our last…”

He hung up and throw the phone away harshly. Khun sobbed between his hands. He was helpless, stupid. He wasn’t ready to let Woo go. He never will. He would do anything it takes to get the younger back. Anything…

Two hours later.

Ding dong

The door bell rang. Khun quickly got up from his sleep. He felt his head hurt so bad cause he has been crying all the way. He wiped his tears to go get it. When the door was opened, Khun thought he was still dreaming. WooYoung was standing in front of him. The younger fell into his embrace, hugging him so tight that he couldn’t breathe.

“Woo….WooYoung…What are you doing here?”-he was surprised and got even more shock when he saw Woo was also crying.

“Babo yah…”-WooYoung sobbed quietly and hit Khun’s chest. “Finally you apoplogized, you stubborn head. I thought I would lose you forever….”

Khun couldn’t believe in his ears and even before he could say anything, he was caught in a passionate kiss. WooYoung refused to let go. How many months have it been since they were together? No one was counting but they all knew it was too long. Woo craved for the older’s sweetness lips against his. They shove each other until they collapsed on the living room’s couch. WooYoung finally stopped and pulled away when he saw the cake on the table.

“You….you bought this for me?”-he babbled when he saw the blue dancing shoes.- “And the cake too? How are you so sure that I would come back?”

Khun didn’t reply but pulled WooYoung back for another kiss. He slid his hands under the white T-shirt, touching the soft skin that he missed so much. His tounge finally drown out and let go of the younger boy. Khun gave Woo his angel smile, the boy’s hair slightly and said: “I didn’t know that you will come back. I just think I should at least do what I should have in our relationship…”-he pecked Woo’s puffy cheeks.-“from now till the very end.”

WooYoung smiled back and hugged Khun again. He rested his chins on Khun’s wild shoulder. “Just so you know, you are always my man.”