finish.

Study then sleep

Highlighting the entire passage about the basic model of atoms, I sighed and glanced at the digital clock I kept on my unholy mess of a table. It stared back at me with '1:30' in baby blue lighting, in contrast to the black background.

 

Flipping through my notes again, I looked for more information regrading the topic. Deciding that that was all, I started reading the passage and breaking it down into small parts to summarize in my notebook.

 

It was pretty simple. Just the charges and the weight of the subatomic particles. Nothing too difficult and I was glad. After I have finished the summary in my notebook I reached around for another stack of notes. The cover had 'Atoms and Molecules' printed on it in an extremely huge and bold font.

 

Flipping through the pages, I highlighted according to what was going to be tested in the Chemistry test tomorrow. Yes, a test.

 

"This test is for you failures to get some pity marks. The test will only, I repeat only, cover Atoms and Molecules. I would advise you to study hard and ace this paper. Then only will you people be able to pass Chemistry for this Mid-Year."  

 

My Chemistry teacher barked out when he was announcing the details of the Atoms and Molecules test that was supposed to help us, failures of the Chemistry Mid-Year paper, pull up our marks.

 

If we didn't manage to pass our Chemistry extra test, however, we would have to come back during the summer holidays for extra class. Who would want to though? That's why I'm studying my away, preparing for the test tomorrow afternoon at 1. 

 

"Isotopes differ in the number of neutrons." I whispered as I copied out the notes that I have just finished summarizing.

 

I worked on, repeating the process so that all the information stays in my head.

 

Then, something warm and heavy weighed down on me, bringing me back to reality from the chemistry world. I had almost forgot he was here. My boyfriend, that is. 

 

"Oh hey, Sehun. What's wrong?" I asked, temporarily putting down my pen and running my strained fingers through his hair. It was like a pillow for my tired fingers.

 

"You're taking too long." He mumbled against my neck, his breath tickling me. 

 

"Studying always takes a long time, you should go to bed first." I told him, turning my head slightly to kiss him on his nose, leading to a chuckle breaking out from his lips. 

 

"I wanna sleep with you. Come on bed." Aegyo attack. 

 

"I still have to finish this." I sighed and got back to focusing on the horrendous science facts sprawled out all over my notes.

 

He detached himself from my neck after not being able to get my attention and shuffled out of our shared bedroom.

 

"I'll go sleep at the couch and be lonely." Sehun said as he closed the bedroom room with a frown. 

 

As much as I wanted to cuddle up with Sehun and just fall asleep without any care for the Chemistry test tomorrow, I cannot. I would rather miss a night of sleep with Sehun then an entire week spent in school and not at home cuddling with my boyfriend. Steeling my will, I went back into the chemistry world, thinking that my boyfriend have already fallen asleep.

 

I memorized the information and made sure that they stayed in my tiny brain that seemed to delete information as fast as I breathed. By the time the sleepiness got extremely unbearable and I was already more or less done with the chapter, it was 4 am sharp in the morning.

 

I stretched my sore arms and sighed. I briefly stacked the books and notes up so that it looks neater and stood up from where I have been sitting for at least 5 hours. I was about to drop onto my bed and die from all the cramming when I noticed that Sehun was not there.

 

'Did he really sleep on the couch? He's gonna be so stiff...' I sighed as I dragged myself up from the ever so inviting soft and warm bed and went out into the living room. 

 

I dragged my feet all the way to the brown couch that sat in the middle of our living room and smiled a little at the sight in front of me; a sleeping Sehun on the couch that seemed a little too small for him.

 

He's breathing was steady and he chest rose up and down in time with his breathing and I crouched out to be at his level. Though I feel bad for waking him in the wee hours for the morning, he should seriously sleep on the bed, if not then he would wake up with sore bones everywhere. 

 

"Sehunnie. Sehun-ah. Wake up~" I whispered, running my hair through his hair. He stirred and soon enough opened his eyes. 

 

"Wake up, come sleep on the bed with me." I said with a smile as he sat up stretching out his joints. He looked at me and I tilted my head, wondering what was wrong. 

 

"Hey Sehun what-" I asked but before I could finish my question, he pulled me onto the couch from my crouching position and into a hug when I settled down beside him.

 

He buried his head in the crook of my neck and I heard him sigh.

 

"You took way too long, _______." He whispered, running his hands up and down my side, causing me to giggle and finally he rested his hands on the lower part of my back.

 

"But, I'm done now, let's sleep." I suggested, my body relaxing against Sehun's and now finally, the sleepiness crept onto me and took over me. 

 

Noticing the yawn that escaped my lips, Sehun pulled away and carried me 'Princess style' to our bedroom. I hummed as thanks and, this time, it was my turn to snuggle against his neck and there was this citrus and milk smell radiating off from him, probably from the soap that I bought the other day. 

 

He placed me down on the bed and got in beside me, scooting closer as he got comfortable. 

 

"Good night, Sehun." I whispered, half way slipping into slumber land with my hands intertwined in his. 

 

I felt a soft kiss on my forehead and before totally losing myself to sleep, I heard a faint whisper. 

 

"______, you've worked hard. I love you." 

 

 


So done. This took way longer than it was supposed to. Oh god. Please drop a comment or two for encouragement or to tell me what I can do better. -serves you waffle with chocolate syrup-