Prologue (I)

TIME (시간)

TIME (시간)

Will love so pure and perfect be found again after time passes?

Will that love be the same?

Stronger?

Or will it be bitter with a pinch of sadness and longing?

Prologue (I)

* Flashback 20 years ago*

"Yoon!"

"Yoon!"

"Yoon!" cried the young boy from the patio of a three-story mansion. He continually cried out the baby's name until the infant's mother, Soo Ae, came over to him with the child in tow. He peered into her arms and gave a slight grin, How pretty and adorable!, he thought. While he was gleefully staring at the infant, the parents of both children exchanged greetings and proceeded to a nearby garden. Soo Ae handed her baby girl to the nanny and joined the others, she looked over at the children and smiled. How wonderful! They can't be separated from each other even for a second, surely, they'll be a good match for each other!" She turned over to the other adults, her husband, Kim Rae Won, glanced over at her and smiled; the parents of Jin Hyuk, Daniel Choi and Ku Hye Sun, were gazing at the children, who were now smiling at each other.

            All four of them were from chaebol families or most often known as, "The Four Royal Families of Asia", and therefore, were coined as the "Four Gems of Asia". Coming from chaebol households, they already knew each other before they were born and became friends from a relatively young age. Out of the four families, Rae Won's family was by far, the richest, famous, respectable, and powerful chaebol family (they came from the direct line of Kim Chun Chu, the king during the Shilla Dynasty)- which until a few years ago, made him the most sought-out after chaebol bachelor (actually #1) until he married his high school sweetheart, Soo Ae. In their high school and college years, these four friends had made an agreement and sworn to each other that if they were to have children, they should all become in-laws. Now that the SooWon couple finally gave birth to a baby of their own, they had gathered for a celebratory party and of course, to talk about the marriage plan of theirs.

"Well, now that you guys finally have a beautiful baby girl, we must talk about their future, don't you think so? Yes, yes. Now, when shall we have them married? Next year? Tomorrow? Today??? We can get her married to Jin Hyuk before he turns six, so anytime this year? Yeah?" asked Daniel, chuckling with excitement.

"Hey, now, not so fast! Oh no. No! I haven't even heard her first word... and I have yet to steal her first kiss! Once I do that, she's all Jin Hyuk's!" chortled Rae Won, who earned a playful slap on the shoulder from his wife.

"How about, we have them get married when Yoon turns 20? That's a legal, and appropriate age. We don't want the media to have a breaking news report about the 'Royal families marrying off an infant to a five-year-old child'. That'd be 'scandalous' for sure", suggested Hye Sun, with a soft smile dancing on her lips as she raised her teacup to her lips.

"Oh, goodness. I can just imagine all the things the people would say to that! Yes, I agree with our Hye Sun. We are NOT going to give her off to your son after my stupid husband here has stolen her 'first kiss'. Now, let's discuss the wedding, honeymoon, and all the things relating to this marriage", replied Soo Ae, who was glancing at the two men who shifted uncontrollably in their seats from their bouts of laughter.

            They sat and discussed the endless possibilities of a "royal marriage" and ended up with two long lists of places, gifts, plans for events, and other necessary items that would be needed (mostly from the two women who had trouble deciding which ones to finalize, while the men just sat there talking about sports and variety shows), which they added to a contract/ agreement in case any of them changed their minds about this marriage.

            Jin Hyuk was staring intently at the now sleeping infant. He was fascinated by her beauty- her pale, but rosy glowing skin, the patch of jet black hair that nestled on top of her head, the big hazel-dark brown eyes, and the cute nose, lips, and eyebrows that were perfectly placed. He wondered how it was possible for a baby to be so calm, cheerful, and adorable. For a five-year-old boy, he was a keen observer in many things, including astronomy and botany. His father, Daniel, and the others approached the children. Jin Hyuk looked up and got his feet and greeted the adults, "Annyeong ha se yo ajuhssi, ajuhmma".

            His father kneeled in front of him so that he would be close to the child's height, and asked, "Jin Hyuk-ah, do you want to take Yoon as your bride? Do you as a man, promise to protect her at all costs? Answer me, young man", Daniel added the last bit to make himself sound more serious, but it sounded more like a childish attempt to be mature.

            The child looked at his father as if he said the most stupidest thing in the world. He looked straight at his father's eyes and replied, "Of course, appa. Why wouldn't I? She's so pretty, and... and... well. Anyway, yes! She's mine!" He gave the baby a kiss on the cheek and held her close to him, giving Rae Won and smug look.

            Baffled, Rae Won started laughing and looked over at his wife and friends, "Ha! I need to be careful around Jin Hyuk now. He's going to steal her first kiss before I do!" Everyone laughed at this and Jin Hyuk proudly smiled and cooed, "You're mine for life!"

            While everyone was laughing, they didn't notice a masked man who was spying on them from the road, looking up at them and muttering, "Royals, my a**. Kim Rae Won, Daniel Choi, Soo Ae, and Ku Hye Sun, be ready. The most tragic thing will happen to you, then, I'll finally have my revenge on you all", smiling, the mysterious man walked down the street and disappeared without a trace...