第一章

Herz der Täuschung

gif Black and White text dope text gif textual memories past changes delee bad memories

"Cheer up child, it'll turn out alright in the end. You'll see."


Her vigorously smooth and chocolate hair flowed with grace, despite her own individual personality. Both eyelids remains in deep slumber, but beneath it lies the alluring dark chestnut orbs. The positioning of her eyes, nose, lips are ideally perfectly aligned. The softness in her lips smacks together breathing in and out at an even pace. Her long eyelashes starts to hesitantly flutter, aware of her surroundings; of which is her room.  Her messy hair is untangled with her slender fingers, as she stretches her arms and legs-both equivalently slim. But this doesn't mean she's the fairest out of the lot.

Elegantly, she easily slips into her slippers and into the bathroom. Like any ordinary pupil, she had to of course get ready and get changed into her formal yet not that tacky uniform which was at a tolerate state. The sewed in badge of her prideful and prestigious school shone in the sunlight, reflecting rays as proud as ever. Not any ordinary people can enter Seoul High; heirs to rich and well-known businesses could try and apply, as well as scholars of course.
 
Applying a bit of humble make-up such as mascara and a tad bit of eyeliner, she ties her hair into a bun. Immediately walking out of her mansion, a cold gust of winds hits her, fortunately she at least has a coat to keep her warm- but not for long. In the middle of winter, she craves for a nice cup of hot chocolate with tiny marshmallows and cream on top. Soon a smell so tempting that salvia would drool down found its way to her nose. A strong scent of chocolate flowed into the air, and straight away she gulps the salvia stuck in .
 
Every footstep paces quickly to flee from the heavenly smell. Life for her has never been quite the same since she started high school; things just seemed to start to go wrong. Everything has changed; her personality, visual appearance, friends, family, anything. Was it because of her? She doesn't know either- maybe it's a forbidden truth that can't be easily unveiled. Like all things, we have something to protect ourselves, roses beautiful looks fools everyone with its thorns, the sweet scent from the Venus fly trap attracts preys which they're later dissolved into nothing- and in her case is her bipolar attitude. It gets out of control sometimes, but she knows what she's doing. A crack or two and she'll be back to normal.
 
The forever lasting odour stalks its way to the gate following her step by step. A high-pitched shriek shouts out the girl's name, "Jaehye-ah!" The smell approaches closer and a almost obese arm grabs on her back, around her neck. Another girl, Rin gives of a bright aura despite her other gloomy friend. Rin smiled widely as if she's completely forgotten about the freezing weather. 
 
"Get-" Jaehye abruptly says until she automatically stops herself- eyes widen after seeing a thing she's been craving since this morning in front of her. Hot chocolate- with extra cream. Before doing anything else she snatches the cup gently off Rin knowing the latter predicted she wanted something warm in the morning. 
 
"I went past a cafe and decided to drop in and buy you and me a cup of hot chocolate. Knowing you would want one of course," she spoke. Jaehye nods in acknowledgement but nonetheless carries on drinking. The pair had met each other since the early stages of primary and have been friends ever since. Jaehye gladly sips her drink and with the speed of lightning she finishes it and threw it in the bin.
 
Even though the pair has always hanged out together, they both went in their own separate ways off to their other friends, to gossip. At least that's what Rin did in the morning. They both have opposite personalities like North and South, everybody knows. So how did they become friends in the first place? That's a story that's worth learning.
 
Nothing normally happens at the school; a few troublemakers that is. She manages to enter the building with blood-curdling screams echoing from the four stable walls of the block. There laid a crowd consisting a hugely overpopulated portion of females wavering their hands, jumping desperately just to catch a glimpse of the early morning fight. Each morning a scholar kid gets beaten up until the attacker is satisfied- no one knows how the system works or who's behind it, but teachers are still fine with this particular type of bullying. They believe they could help students relieve their stress on someone they despise; but did they occur to think who would be responsible for their verge of death?
 
Not every person has to go with this cruel entertainment, though it doesn't mean they're out of it. She barges through the maniac crowd that still howls in thirst for attention from today's fighter. Two male students were in the middle of a fight- an alpha male and a weakling or the prey. His figure uselessly stands there naturally aware there were a growing crowd at place and he's on the edge of a bad reputation and embarrassment. 
 
For every punch he encounters he does nothing to stop him, except from constantly whimpering silently. Bruises starts to arise into purple blotches, blood slowly oozed out of the fresh wounds as well as the old ones. Drip. Tears brimmed on the edges of his eyes, the floor is now covered with a mixture of blood and salty water. But still no one dared to make a change of his fate; they did nothing.
 
This typical morning ironically tightens the strings on her heart, it's so sad that such bullying still happens in the 21st century. She knew it was coming, but it weakens her heart to see those who can't defend themselves. Someone has to change this vile way of treating others. 
 
"Get up." She demands quietly, approaching the victims; the crowds scream gradually dispersed. The feeble boy is already on his knees with his head bowed in shame, he strongly refuses to move. He shakes in reply to her. Holding in the anger building inside of her she tries once more,"get up, now." The stubborn boy still refuse but the tears dribbling down his face tells an opposite story. The adrenaline pumps into her blood and she can no long control her anger, this sort of weakness riled on her patience. 
 
"Move, NOW!" She shouts, grabbing onto his arm she manages to get a grip of him and forces him to stand up. His figure is slanted, and he reluctantly wants to defy her orders. Slap. She can no longer contain the infuriating irritation, the sound of wind slicing in the air was heard by every single person in the room. A formation of crimson red could be faintly seen on one side of his cheek, obviously it must of hurt like anything beyond hell.
 
Clap,clap,clap. "At last Jae, I knew you couldn't do it." an amused laughter irritates her immensely.  The corners of his lips rises upwards into a striking smirk, one that most feminine would die for. Not for her. A dangerous distance closes up between them and tension itches in the atmosphere. She controls her disinclined fury, "Kai you better be ing sorry to that lad over there." 
 
They both clearly understand that Kai would never be sorry, even if he felt guilty. He was a broken as . The sorrow inside of him is consumed with too much hatred; a black heart. He gets involved in fights for his own entertainment, the source of energy to keep him living. Perhaps there's going to be a ray of hope?
 
His fingers graze along her jawline, putting his hand on the back of her neck sending goosebumps around her body. He pulls her in, his mouth intimately next to her ear. "Darling, you'll be sorry once I've been ing you." Her pride has been hit to the bottom-no - even below that standard. Surely she's had strangers hooking up with her, trying to fool her in losing her ity, but hearing it from his mouth made her feel like she was trash.
 
One must not lose their reputation that easily. Revenge urges her to do its duty, but no matter what happens, it's about waiting for the right time. Her hands are full of scratches, however pride is more important. She wavers it off like it was predictable, walking off as if nothing had happened. And it was never supposed to happen in the first place. This round she had lost.
 
▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Independence. The only way to win by yourself. In a game of hungry lions and scared zebras there must be superior to control the whole system; either if the population of zebras drops it drags the predators population down as well. To be the superior, you'll need to work alone to win alone. The mastermind of the game, the controller, the manipulator is the superior. There's only a need for pawns in this little chess game.
▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Kai: He was different before, picking up random fights with poor nerds sometimes even gangsters were out of his league in the past. But things have changed; often risking his life just for something to spice his boring life. Getting blamed for the slightest things by his family, no, he is indeed not a son to be proud of. He's broken, who else is bothered to pick up the pieces he's left behind? Not until he met EXO- they're like an alternative family. They're all broken souls. Perhaps there is a ray of light to save him, before it is too late.
 
▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Jaehye: She has wealth, beauty, she can get whatever she wants but she choses not to because her family was the only source of happiness she has that keeps her alive. Perhaps she was naive and clueless of how cold and ugly the outside world is- jerks made her truly understand how ruthless the world is. That's probably how she found out why her family was starting to break down, and in that way she's broken as well.
 
Who else in Seoul High is as broke as . You see, even though Seoul High is the best school in Korea everyone is broken or has been broken; some of them becoming heartless monsters and the rest, well they're the victims and Jaehye is somewhat the heroine? The prince to every fairytale? The saviour to all people? Neither of them, she's nothing special.
 
▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
Indeed her outwards grace contradicts to her inner persona. Her character has influenced to a extent it's now out of hand. The code of her locker unlocks with the combination of 0611, she takes out her books and slams the door shut. Suddenly clicking of heels on the floor comes into her direction, the school , Sora appeared right in front of her and with no hesitation she asserts force, pushing Jaehye into the lockers with a exceedingly loud thud. 
 
"Yah," she looks directly in her eyes,"what did you think you were doing back there huh?" Sora scoffs. "Don't you know it's against the rules to interfere a fight. Just because you're a rich kid, you're not better than everyone else." She warns her, their distance is more separated than before. "And don't forget to stay away from Kai you ing ." Jaehye doesn't falter at any one of her attacks and watches Sora leave. All she can do is laugh.
 
▲▼▲▼▲▼
 
"Cheer up child, it'll turn out alright in the end. You'll see. Now that the positions have nearly been assigned, it's time for us to make a start to this chess game."
 
 ▲▼▲▼▲▼
 

The bell rings indicates the school day has come to an end. Jaehye and Rin walks out of the main gates; Rin blabbing about a science experiment that exploded in the science block because a stupid idiot added some Caesum into water. Jaehye shuffled her head in disapproval, though she had not paid attention to Rin in the first place.  

Nearby, Jaehye smelt a strong scent of cigars. The scent suffocated her yet it made her curious of the taste of the despicable thing. The boy, sits on the stone podium outside the gates. His multicoloured hair blends into his cold features, black icy eyes, small kissable lips and his smoking made him seem more attracting. 

Smoke puffed out, clogging up the air Jaehye and Rin was breathing. Taking his cue, he unexpectedly blocked the girls path. Though they've met each other via. hallways, they've never interacted. The glint in his eyes threatens Rin to leave, which the latter gladly does. His eyes finally meets with Jaehye's. He threw the cigar onto the pavement and gets of the podium, crushing the remnants of the cigar. 

"What do you want," she says, clutching to her bag.

"Apart from you, there's nothing else I need," he flirts

"Go the home if that's all you're saying." She's had enough, there's not much until she can't control herself.

"Chill babe, I've got a message," his playfulness stops and abruptly becomes serious. "Stay away from Kai."

"Beg your pardon, this is my life here."

"Don't think you can change his ways Jaehye. He's a living dead, you can't save him no matter what you do." He's shuddering with anger consumed within fear. The consequences Sehun knows is more complicated than anything. Jaehye thinks no differ, she has not once decided to help Kai change, only pitiful remarks she's made in the past. She doesn't exactly reply in word and nods instead. Sehun gets her message and leaves her by her own. At the end of the day, she was left by herself. 

 ▲▼▲▼▲▼

Sehun: He's one damn right player. ing girls day and night he doesn't know when to start of when to stop. His isolation has lead to the breaking relationship between his family. As the youngest out of his other two brothers, his opinions no longer matter to his parents. Having at day and clubbing at night was his living, his unknown addiction, a lack of affection. He was never a fighter; so if he can't fight for himself, then who would?

 ▲▼▲▼▲▼

How I feel like I'm telling too much to you guys about everyone's background story, but I guess you're curious and you'll always be. Well, where do I begin with Rin's story. Let's just say that she's important in the future. She's Jaehye's childhood friend, met since primary school and has always stayed besides Jaehye's side whether it be good or bad. 

As I've said before, everyone in Seoul High has been broken before, but Rin's story is one of the special cases. Before the pair met each other, the younger version of Rin was emotionless. Yes, not the usual positive aura of sunlight. Breaking people is what can make them into a happier person. That's another story to tell, I still need to keep you curious.

Who knows what might happen next, but Sleeing Beauty might not be waking up. Ever again.

 



\\Edited\\

\\Edited: 29-10-2014\\
//Written: 15-08-2014//