Summer's End

Korean Cinderella

Tracing a snow-white finger across her bedsheets, Krystal thought of leaving San Francisco; where she was born and raised. The thoughts of the glimmering sun, the sparking waters of an aqua ocean and of the clear cloudless blue skies that she had grown to love. Although she was never able to properly enjoy San Francisco's famous beautiful weather, Krystal would still miss it. A scream broke through Krystal's daydreaming silence.

"Jung Soojung! Get yourself downstairs this instance!" Her step-sister Jessica screamed in her normal dolphin-like voice. Soojung hastily zipped up her tiny suitcase and scurried down the stairs as fast as she could. "S-Sooyeon." Krystal muttered quietely, bowing her head to the older girl. "We're leaving. You're late. Why are you late, worthless girl?" Krystal hung her head lower. "I-I was saying g-goodbye, unni. ." Jessica's chocolate hues darkened upon her comment as her candy red lips curved upwards in a smirk. "Saying goodbye? You have on friends, idiot. You have nothing to say goodbye to. Not get along, hurry up. Stop wasting our time." Soojung slipped a pallid pair of feet into her torn flip-flops, hauling her tiny suitcase out her front door and down her stone front steps into her step-mother's classy Porsche's backseat.

Quickly, her step-mother and step-sister filed in through the front row seats, pulling on their designer shades and checking themselves in the mirror. Krystal took the precious time to look out the window a last time, saying her final goodbyes. "Goodbye, daddy." She thought in her mind.