QUIESCENCE

Shattered Constraints
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

QUIESCENCE

 

The light feeling was very much different from the past urgency and fear of his prior dreams. Woohyun opened his eyes and was glad and confused to see that instead of that blood-soaked room he was in the loveliest meadow he’d ever seen.

The light scent of wildflowers permeated the air and a short distance away, he could see a table and a set of chairs. It was an unusual sight, enough so, that Woohyun decided to throw caution to the wind and approach. On top of the table was a quaint tea set, the color of ivory and patterned with gold vines and flowers.

It reminded him of the toy set that Si Ra gifted her daughter befor—

He shook his head violently, trying to get the image of a distraught little girl crying and reaching desperately for her mother.

The scent of fruits teased his nose.

“What’s this? A guest?”

He turned and felt his breathe leave him when he saw a man with stunning red hair right behind him.

He wore white. A white shirt, rolled up to his elbows revealing soft, pale skin; white trousers, even white shoes. His slanted eyes conveyed a child’s curiosity, the same as when they are presented a new toy just as they had tired of the one given before. He looked older than Woohyun, though not by much and he smelled of strawberries.

The man moved forward and gestured towards the table, “Won’t you take a seat?”

Woohyun nodded and slowly approached the chair and sank down on it, careful to keep an eye on the other man. The red-head laughed at his suspiciousness and proceeded to pour him a cup of coffee. He motioned for him to take the drink. The blend was delicious and Woohyun downed the cup in one go.

He carefully placed the cup on its saucer; he looked up and saw the man give him a small, approving smile. The smile made him bristle; he was not a child to receive praise for finishing his veggies.

“May I ask how you got here?”

“How should I know?” Woohyun scowled. “Isn’t this all a dream?”

The red-head took a sip of his drink, ‘Tea’ Woohyun thought, “Hmmm… a dream, you say? I wonder about that.”

“What?”

“Never mind… never mind.”

Woohyun huffed and tried not to stare at the milky expanse of skin revealed by the man’s open shirt. “What’s your name?” the man’s voice was soft and very pleasant to the ears.

Woohyun snapped his gaze away from the man’s throat, he flushed guiltily and answered, “Nam Woohyun.”

The man hummed aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter