For Her

Not Just a Normal Fan

-SUMMER OF 2015-

It has been exactly 1 year since the magical encounter between Baekhyun and Jooeun happened. After their heartwarming but tearful goodbye, they never saw each other again. Well, of course Jooeun saw Baekhyun every day on her phone, tv, and computer so she knew what Baekhyun was up to. While Baekhyun was so curious on where and hoqw Jooeun is living. He regretted not taking any pictures of her..darn. So many things happened for the two after they separated. Jooeun successfully finished her high school career, she was going to attend an American college but she was offered a great scholarship for a college in Korea so she decided to go there. While on the other hand, Exo's popularity skyrocketed as they are now considered the top idol group ever since DBSK, and thats a milestone. Exo released a repackage album the winter of 2014 and now currently in June, they are days away from their comeback. 

Jooeun immediately came to Korea a week after school ended. Before she started college, she wanted to find a house and a part time job so she will be settled in and ready to go. She has already been in Korea for a month, but no contact was made with Baekhyun. In merely a few days Jooeun got a job at a cafe with a decent payment and nice co workers. But the bad thing was the time. Since school is not yet over in Korea, Jooeun had to fill in the time spots where students cant work. So she got the very latest night hours of the shifts for the whole day. She didnt mind, she had a job, she wasnt going to complain. Besides, she had a very nice coworker who is also from the States and will be going to college in Korea the next semester. 

 

"Ahnyeong Oppa!" Jooeun cheerfully greeted as she entered the cafe going to the back of the counter.

"Jooeun! How's your new house?" The handsome coworker, Park Sung Jin, replied.

 

He was basically the reason why there were many customers at such a late time in the night, most of them girls. 

"Great! I really like it, thanks for suggesting it for me." Jooeun thanked as she bumped her hip with his playfully. Sungjin playfully bumped back when the bell of the door rang signalling a costumer. 

"Welcome to Coffee World!" The two workers said in unison. Of course it was a bunch of girls as they sttared at Sungjin like he was prey. 

"What would you like for today?" Sungjin politely asked.

"You Oppa!" One girl screamed before her friends started squealing with her. Jooeun shook her head as she went out from behind the counter to wipe some tables. Girls just lovveesss guys.. Jooeun chuckled as she could hear Sungjin trying to calm the girls down whule the girls were blabbering on and on. 

"Oppa you could be an Exo member! Youre hot just like them!" 

Jooeun stopped wiping a table as the familiar name rang in her ears. Exo...Exo....Exo...

"Yah."

Jooeun jumped and looked up to see Sungjin looking at her weird. "What?" Jooeun replied.

"Hurry and clean the tables." 

"What about the girls."

"They just left." 

Jooeun blinked several times. "Oh.." I have got to stop blanking out... Sungjin ruffled her hair before going outside to answer a call. Jooeun hit her head lightly several times. Stop...getting distracted by them..for all I know..they might have completely forgotten about me. Jooeun finished wiping the tables and went back to the counter. Sungjin rushed back in with a flushed face.

"Jooeun ah.."

"Oppa whats wrong??" Jooeun asked in concerned. Sungjin's eyes were teary as his mouth trembled.

"My..parents got in an accident."

Jooeun covered with her hands with the shocking news. Oh how horrible! Poor Sungjin Oppa! Jooeun rushed towards Sungjin and hugged him. "Are they hurt badly?"

"Theyre both unconsious and headed to the hospital."

"Go.Now.You have to go." Jooeun urged as she pushed him to the door.

"I cant leave you alone...and at night too.." 

"Oppa I should be the least of your worries right now. GO." 

Sungjin looked back nervously. "A-are you sure?"

"Yes! Now go! Ill be fine." 

Sungjin gave her a half smile before rushing out. Ah...poor Oppa...

 

Maybe because Sungjin wasnt here but there were barely any customers for the rest of the night. Jooeun boredly rested her head on her hand as she stared at the door as if magically many customers would come. She wanted at least a few people with her in this empty, big cafe with the darkness outside. She did feel a bit creeped out but she could handle it. Jooeun huffed as she gave up on any customers coming and deicded to organize the shelves at the bottom of the counter. She crouched down and started inventoring when the ring of the bell echoed through the cafe. She heard several voices chatting excitedly. "Hello?" One voice asked. Jooeun was holding many boxes and cans so she couldnt stand up. So Jooeun raised her hand and waved it.

"Im right here! Ill be right with you." Jooeun heard the voices chuckling as they went about their conversations.

"Hmmm..what do you guys want?" 

"Do you think we can eat anything at this late of time?"

"Why not? One little drink and a piece of bread wont hurt right?"

"Yeah D-DAY is in a few days, we should enjoy it." 

Jooeun smiled in satisfaction at the neat shelves and finally stood up, She looked for the customers and saw them looking at the bread displays on the other side of the cafe so she could only see their backs. Hmm..weird.. All of them were wearing a hat and sunglasses and they seemed so familiar...Before Jooeun could look away one boy turned back and both of them froze immediately. Jooeun in her breath as she felt his gaze even if he was wearing sunglasses. The staring felt like it would never end but eventually Baekhyun turned back around. Jooeun finally let out her breath she was holding. Out of all days..all the cafes..all the people..I meet Byun baekhyun once again..

 

"Im so glad theres no people here for once!" A familiar booming voice rang. Chanyeol..Jooeun recognized.

"Why?" An innocent voice asked. Luhan..

"I heard this cafe was really good but theres always so many people so I could never come, and now I am!" Chanyeol giggled. \

Eventually all the boys picked the scones they wanted and headed onto the counter. Jooeun her dry lips and felt her hands getting sweaty as they came nearer and nearer. Would they recognize her? Make a big deal? Nothing out of the ordinary happened though as the boys placed their orders on the counter.

"W-will that be..all?" Jooeun asked.

The 4 boys nodded and Jooeun nodded back punching in the orders at the cash register. "T-that will be 14,000 won.."

"Hyung youre gonna pay right!?" Chanyeol said as he lightly hit Suho's shoulder. 

"Why me?"

"Cause youre rich!" Baekhyun replied making the other two boys laugh. Suho chuckled as he handed Jooeun his card. 

"Alright fine fine." 

The other boys whooped as they patiently waited for their reciept. When she handed the reciept to Suho the boys bowed, said thanks, and immeidately left. The cafe was once again only occupied by Jooeun and she never felt so alone. Did..did they not remember me? No. I know that Baekhyun looked at me, he must have recognized me..but why did he avoid me? Treated me like I was a stranger? Does he not like me anymore? Did he..move on? Jooeun wiped the tears that were falling as she tried to hold in her sobs. She felt like Baekhyun slapped her in the face. 

 

"Baekhyun ah shes crying.." Luhan sympathetically said as the 4 boys who rushed out of the cafe stared at the lonely girl from the windows. 

"Why dont you go talk to her?" Chanyeol urged.

"It..Its too risky..anyone can see us talking..Im..Im doing this for her.." Baekhyun said as he felt his heart break watching Jooeun cry because of him. 

"But shes crying! She probably thought that you moved on." Luhan said. Baekhyun sighed. Hewanted to go to her, he really did. But he couldnt. Not when their comeback was only a few days away..not when the Saesang fans increased..he knew. He knew that some of them were watching the boys right now. 

"Guys some are watching us. Stop looking at her and leave, she cant be in danger because of me again." Baekhyun muttered before he quickly walked away. The rest of the boys looked at Baekhyun sadly as they followed him.

 

 

Jooeun was depressed for the next few weeks. Sungjin didnt come to work for a week but he came back after his parents' were stabilized and the bills were taken care of. He immediately noticed the change of Jooeun.

"Hey..you okay?" Sungjin worriedly asked. In a matter of weeks, Jooeun had obvious dark circles and a loss of weight as well. She was that sad. Truthfully this was so pathetic to Jooeun. I mean a lack of sleep and food just for a guy? But she couldnt..she didnt have the energy or motivation to do anything except working. 

"Yeah.." Jooeun simply replied as she tried to focus on anything, anything to keep her busy. 

"Do you-"

"Excuse me? Can I have a refill?" A customer asked. Jooeun gently pushed Sungjin.

"Go get his refill." 

Sungjin sighed before leaving Jooeun's side to the customer. Jooeun was bored as she got tired of pretending the cash register was so interesting and instead focused on the tv. The new music video of Exo was shown making some of the girls in the cafe to squeal. Jooeun glared at the tv. Jerk,,butthole..promise breaker.. Jooeun thought as Baekhyun's close up was shown. She kept looking at the music video when she realized that how she was responding was very immature. Kim Joo Eun..you only saw Baekhyun for two days..and its been a year since weve seen each other. I might have still liked him, but really now, Baekhyun has so many gorgeous girls around him. How can he not get over me? He must have..thats just how life is.. Jooeun felt a little better from her self motivation, so she decided to award herself with some food.

"Hey waiter! Bring me some food!" Jooeun yelled at Sungjin. 

 

"Youre lucky that Im nice or I would have pummeled you for ordering me to get food." Sungjin warned. Jooeun stuck her tongue out but she was really grateful for him. He was such a sweet guy and he even told her to rest for the day. Jooeun complied as she was now munching on the bread watching a variety show guest starring Exo.

"Ah so this is an interesting question from a fan!" The MC said as he read a question. "Has Exo.. ever been a bad boy to a girl once?" The crowd oohed at the jucy question and the boys laughed and joked saying that was such a private question. 

"Aw come on! Every guy has their bad side so no need to hide it! Who would like to answer first?" 

The Exo members hesitated as they looked at each other, so any one of them can start it off. The MC was about to pick someone when Baekhyun raised his hand. "Ill share a story." The crowd cheered as the mic was handed to Baekhyun and he stared at the camera. "So uh..days before our comeback..some of our members and I really craved for some scones..so we went to a cafe nearby out practice room."

Jooeun almost shot out from her chair. Is he talking about that night? 

"It was empty so it was great, we could get all the breads we wanted. Well the only worker there was the cashier."

"Was she pretty!?" The MC asked. Baekhyun laughed softly before answering. "Yes. She was very pretty." The crowd was loud as they whooped and laughed at Baekhyun's truthful comment.

"Well we eventually got what we wanted and went to checkout. Well..I guess to summarize I think we were being pretty rude because we were really loud and talking to ourselves..and other stuff as well." No one heard the last part of the sentence since Baekhyun barely said it. 

"What bad boys Exo are!" The MC jokingly commented. Baekhyun laughed before continuing. "So.." Baekhyun stared at the camera once again. "I just wanted to say I am sorry..I really am..I had a reason for my actions..I really did.." No one caught the secret message as everyone in the audience and people in cafe as well awed as his apology. 

Jooeun felt her heart racing as she stared at Baekhyun. He had a reason? Jooeun smiled forgiving Baekhyun instantly. How selfish of me..of course he must have had a reason. Hes at such a high point in his career right now.. Jooeun focused back on the show and realized it was time for fans to send a shoutout through a text message to Exo. Jooeun carefully listened to the instructions before taking her phone out and sending a message hoping it will get through.

The time started for the MC to read aloud some of the shoutouts. "Oh! Here is a very very interesting shoutout. I dont get this at all. Maybe this person sent it wrong." The MC joked. "So it says... "I forgive you, oldie."" The crowd laughed at the weird message and implied that it was definitely sent wrong. But only one person there knew, and he smiled throughout the rest of the show.