What Needed to be Said

I Can Try

((I'm not gonna mark this as Rated, but there is hints of 2min towards the end.))

 

Key woke slowly, wrapped in warmth. He shifted slightly, as his groggy brain starting coming back to life, and he felt arms around him; a heavy heartbeat echoed in his ears. His eyes slowly flickered open and he looked up into Onew's sleeping face. He remembered, then, creeping into the other man's room and slipping into bed with him. He needed the comfort, the closeness, to keep himself from thinking about Jonghyun.

 

Letting him go is going to be hard. He thought, lightly tracing his fingers across the contours of his hyung's face. Especially since I have to see him practically every day. But I'm going to try. For you, Jinki-hyung. Because your love is worth ten of him.

 

The diva smiled at his last thought and moved ever-so-slightly to place a tender kiss on his leader's lips. Do I call him my boyfriend now? The smaller man wondered, before Onew's eyes started to flutter open. He blinked down at the man in his arms and Key smiled shyly.

 

“Good morning, hyung,” he said softly.

 

He felt Onew's arms tighten around him a little and he could hear the older man's heart start beating faster, his breath catching slightly.

 

“Good morning,” the bigger man eventually replied, his voice low and rough from sleep.

 

The sound of his leader's voice made Key shiver, adjusting his body to get more comfortable in the other man's embrace. Their legs were tangled together, so moving slid their thighs against each other's. Onew stiffened, his eyes closing and his mouth hanging open a little. His breathing turned ragged for a moment.

 

“Kibum, you do that again,” he warned in a low voice, “And I will strip you down and ravage you right here and now.”

 

The diva stared at Onew and the older man opened his eyes again to pierce Key with a hungry gaze. The smaller man gulped softly, trying to decide whether he should take that as a threat or an incentive. A knock at the door decided it for them both.

 

“Time to wake up!” Their manager called, “You've got 35 minutes for breakfast and showers!”

 

The two men looked at each other as they listened to the manager knock on the other two doors and deliver the same message. He didn't know Key was in here. Good. The poor man would probably flip his lid.

 

“I guess we'd better get moving, huh?” Kibum said quietly, to which Onew grunted softly, releasing the other man from his embrace.

 

Key sat up slowly and ruffled his hair, stretching the kinks out of his body. He glanced over his shoulder and caught the older vocalist staring. The diva blushed under his gaze and stood, quietly making his way back to his room for some clean clothes.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

The day was long and full of schedules. Key did his best to stay away from Jonghyun, occasionally reaching out to touch Onew just to center himself. Onew is my boyfriend now, he repeated to himself, Jjong doesn't even want me.

 

It wasn't easy, but the diva made it through all the variety shows they needed to film and even a meeting with the bigwigs about their next concert. He was a little proud of himself because he didn't think he'd noticeably missed a step. Everyone seemed to think is was business as usual. No one seemed to catch the looks he and Onew exchanged, or the tiny little smile on Key's face when he looked away. This feels good. The way love is supposed to feel.

 

At the end of the day, they all dragged themselves back to the dorm and collapsed in the living room. It was just past midnight, and they were all starving and exhausted. Actual cooking sounded like hell to all of them, so they sated themselves on ramen and called it good enough. Once food was out of the way, Taemin and Minho retreated to the rapper's room. Key arched a brow at that. Tae had his own room here, after all; a room that he shared with the vocalist that was currently glaring holes into the diva's face. Wait, what?

 

Key blinked and looked at Jonghyun, who seemed pissed about something. What the hell?

 

“Uh, Jjong? What's with that face you're making at me?” The diva asked, not one to simply let things slide.

 

“I don't know,” he replied snottily, “What's with the faces you've been making at Onew-hyung?”

 

Key blinked at him again. Seriously? Is he.... jealous?

 

“Jjong...” the diva started to say.

 

“Forget it,” Jonghyun cut him off, standing up abruptly, “It's none of my business, right? Nice to see I'm so easily replaced.”

 

Key felt Onew shift beside him, ready to leap to his boyfriend's defense, but the diva waved him off. He had had enough of this .

 

“Are you ing kidding me?” the vocalist pulled up short at Kibum's outburst. The smaller man almost never cursed, “You ignore me, treat me like , drop me like a sack of old potatoes anytime some pretty little walks by and then you get pissed off when I find someone who actually wants a real relationship with me? Am I not allowed to be happy, Jonghyun? Is that it? Am I not allowed to be loved? Because you sure as hell don't love me. Jinki-hyung does. So you and your spoiled self-delusions, you arrogant . If you're jealous, then you should have treated me better in the first place!”

 

Both men stared at the diva in awe. Even Minho and Taemin poked their heads out to see what the ruckus was. Key stood there, quivering on the edge of tears. He was angry and hurt. Part of him was thrilled that the man he had pined over for so long felt possessive of him, but he squashed that feeling as completely as he could. He's no good for me. The dark-haired diva chanted silently.

 

“Kibummie...” Jonghyun said softly.

 

“No, Jjong. Just no. You're a member of the group, so I will always think of you as a friend, maybe even family. But you don't get a say in who I have a relationship with. You've hurt me too many times. I don't trust you with my heart anymore. I do trust Jinki-hyung,” Key stated firmly, “He loves me. And I'm going to try my hardest, every day, to love him back the way he deserves.”

 

The diva then gives the leader a warm smile, although the pain and doubt still lingers in his eyes. He looks back at Jonghyun as Onew gently takes Key's hand. The main vocalist just stares at them, thinking. Several emotions flash by on his face: anger, disbelief, pain, fear, regret, even relief.

 

Finally, Jonghyun breaks from their gaze and looks to the floor, “Okay. I'm gonna go now.”

 

“Jonghyun-ah,” Onew said gently, “You don't have to leave. This is still your home as much as ours. You may have your own house now, but you are always welcome here.”

 

Key squeezes his boyfriend's hand, grateful for the olive branch he just offered. Then, his eyes widened in shock as a tear slid down Jonghyun's cheek.

 

“I understand,” Jjong said softly, wiping the tear away and running a hand through his blond hair, “Thanks. I still... think I'm gonna go. I'll... see you guys later.”

 

The rapper and the dancer had retreated back into Minho's room once they realized why Key was yelling, so there was no one else for Jonghyun to say goodbye to. He slipped his shoes on and was gone. The diva settled on the couch and was very still for a moment. Onew rubbed his back gently.

 

“Are you okay?” the leader asked.

 

“I made him cry,” Key said very quietly.

 

“I don't think there was any other way you could have gotten the message through,” Onew replied, moving closer so that he could wrap his arms around his boyfriend's waist.

 

The diva sniffled a little and took several deep breaths before turning to the vocalist with a shy smile, “I really did it. I let him go.”

 

Onew smiled back, “Yes, you did. I'm proud of you, baby.”

 

The older man placed a kiss on Key's cheek and nuzzled him gently.

 

“I'm suddenly really, really tired,” the younger man said, leaning into his hyung's touch.

 

“Let's go to bed then,” the leader said, standing and holding his hand out for his boyfriend.

 

15 minutes later, the two of them were washed up and settled in Onew's bed. Key was wrapped in the older man's arms and he snuggled down into the embrace. His hyung was so warm and the other man's scent filled his senses. He made a small sound of pleasure and Onew went very still. Key blinked his eyes back open and looked up into the older man's face, the leader's gaze suddenly filled with hunger.

 

“Hyung?” he inquired quietly.

 

Onew opened his mouth to say something in return, when a sound from the room next door quieted them both.

 

“Uh, uh, ahhh, Minho! Harder!”

 

Onew's eyes went wide and the both of them turned bright red. As the sounds continued, Onew got a mischievous look on his face and moved to place gentle kisses along Key's neck. The younger man shivered and arched against the contact, letting out a tiny squeak of a moan when his hyung nipped at his earlobe.

 

“J..jinki-hyung,” Key started to say, grasping the fabric of Onew's night shirt tightly.

 

“They're pretty loud, huh?” the older man whispered into his lover's ear, caressing the other man's back and pressing their hips together. Key whimpered and Onew said, “Think we can do better?”

 

Key looked up at his hyung and thought about it. The leader had gone still again, giving the more inexperienced man time to consider it. The diva's heart thudded loudly in his chest and something hot and aching coiled in the pit of his stomach. In the end, he decided he didn't want Onew to stop touching him.

 

He gave the other man a sly smile and replied, “We can try.”

 

((A/N: Yay! Another chapter finished. Warning! Thar be tiness ahead! Look forward to it! And thanks for all the subs and upvotes! You guys rock!))