1.

Pictures Speak A Thousand Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EMERGENCY A/N: THIS DID NOT TURN OUT AS I EXPECTED SO BEAR WITH THE FANTASY CRAP. THANKS. IF NOT, JUST EXIT. (:

 

Sehun nestles himself at the bottom of the tree, his figure fitting perfectly in every nook and cranny of the tree. Sehun is happy, so he is going to draw himself like this. Sitting at the bottom of a tree in spring, with a gentle smile etched onto his face. The graphite lead of the colored pencil Sehun is holding scratches gently against the canvas as Sehun shades the trees a light green. He colors the light at the end of the row of trees with a gradient of yellow to white and then begins to shade the trunks of the trees brown. Sehun decides to add two more elements. A book and falling leaves. He picks up his charcoal pencil and traces the outline of a book in the already predrawn outline of himself sitting at the base of a tree and then moves on the draw leaves falling from the trees. He draws leaves on the forest floor as well and smiles at his idea.

Somewhere up above, there is someone watching Sehun draw. His name is Luhan. He's a fairy. Just any other fairy that comes under the earth category and he likes helping nature. He's not really supposed to be on Earth when there are people around but Luhan is an adventurous little fairy. He just can't help the fact that he has to see everything in his lifetime. A branch cracks on the tree Sehun is under and Luhan looks to the source. He walks quietly, tiptoeing and holds the broken branch. Fairies don't just have wings. They have powers too. And Luhan is an earth fairy. He can heal things and make magical creatures out of earth's resources. The branch goes back to how it was once before and Luhan smiles. He walks back to his previous spot to admire Sehun. 

Luhan finds Sehun absolutely adorable. The way he frowns as he tries to draw the smallest leaf, his posture as he draws and how he concentrates on making the portrait a proper one. Luhan just finds it so cute. Fairies are magical creatures and having powers an average human doesn't have gives Luhan limits. He is not allowed on earth, not allowed to speak or have any contact with humans but based on Luhan's character, he doesn't give two s about these rules. He lives his fairy life according to his own rules. Luhan listens intently to the sound of the graphite scratching on the canvas. The sound is like one of the nature sounds he hears everyday in his life. It's peaceful. And then Sehun sneezes. Luhan's head perks up and he smiles, clapping his palms together silently like a seal. Oh, so cute. The way he sneezes is like a baby panda, the sound tiny and quiet. Luhan chuckles a little too loudly. He hides behind the the trunk, knowing Sehun would look in his direction and he didn't want to be spotted.

Luhan peeks back. Sehun is once again concentrated on his drawing. He decides that he wants to go and talk to this adorable human. So Luhan makes the leap from the highest part of the tree, landing gracefully. His wings retreat behind his back and Luhan hides them from a human's eyes. The only thing that tells Sehun that Luhan is not human would be Luhan's ears and the fairy hopes that Sehun won't notice it.

Luhan walks out beside Sehun and sits beside him. The younger guy looks up, shocked. He makes an 'ah' shape with his mouth, somewhat like a shocked expression but no sound comes out. Luhan  is bewildered.

Doesn't he speak, Luhan wonders.

Sehun flips to another page of his drawing notepad. Who are you? he writes messily on the blank page.

"Don't you talk?" Luhan asks, looking at the younger guy up close.

I'm mute. I can't speak. Who are you anyway, Sehun writes.

"I'm Luhan. Can I see your drawing?" Luhan asks.

Okay. And my name is Oh Sehun, he replies.

Sehun flips back to the front where he is still drawing his self portrait. Luhan nods in approval.

"It's beautiful," Luhan says. "You're beautiful."

Sehun smiles shyly and flips back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter