How is he ever going to know if you don't tell him?

Will he ever know......? [One-shot]

-Author's POV-

 

"To tell... Not to tell...... To tell...... Not to tell...... To...tell......" you plucked off the last petal from the little flower.

Poor flowers. You fingers have ruined 10 of them. You have gotten 8 out of 10 answers, telling you that you should tell him.

"ARGH !!! Should I??!! ARGH I'M SO ASDFGHJKL !!! What if things get awkward between us after I confess to him?! I don't want that to happen...... But if I don't confess to him, we will continue being in the situation we're in now......and not make any advancement...... Maybe he'll get himself a girlfriend even before I get the chance to even confess to him......" you messed up your hair in frustration before burying your face in your hands.

You heaved a sigh as you peeked through your fingers to see the scattered remains of the flowers you have destroyed on your desk. "I'm so sorry, little flowers......" you murmured as you cleared them off your desk into the rubbish bin.

"Taemin oppa......" you stared lovingly at the photo of you and Taemin placed on your desk, poking at his cheek with your forefinger.

Heaving another sigh, you took your iPod and earpiece before heading downstairs.

 


 

You sat on the bench just outside, between you and Taemin's house.

You plugged in your earpiece and pressed the play button on your iPod.

---When I see myself during these times
I feel that I really am young
Even with you in front of me
I don’t know what to do---

Just then, a figure sat down beside you on your right and reached behind you to take out your earpiece from your left ear before plugging it into his own ear.

You turned to look at the bold person, only to find a smile creeping onto your face. Taemin turned his face and let a smile lit his face up. He gently ruffled your hair before crossing his arms before his chest.

---To the people who are in love

Please tell me how you started to love

Will the day I hold her hand ever come?

Will the day I kiss her above her closed eyes also come?---

You scratched your head sheepishly. The song didn't really reflect your thoughts, but you wished it reflected Taemin's thoughts...

---Hello, hello

I brought up the courage

Hello, hello

I want to talk to you for a moment

Hello, hello

I may be rushing a bit

Who knows? We might

End up doing well---

You played with your fingers, thinking of all the possibilities between you and Taemin.

Suddenly, you pulled out the earpiece from the ears of both of you.

Taemin turned his head to face you, raising a brow.

You took a deep breath. "This shall be it......" you told yourself mentally.

"Taemin oppa......" you mumbled, turning your body towards him but not looking at him.

"Yea?" he asked, turning his body towards you.

"I...... What if I......" you stuttered.

"Yea? Go on......" Taemin beckoned you to continue.

"What if I told you I......like......" you trailed off, taking another deep breath.

"Like what? Like who? Hurry hurry don't keep me in suspense !!!" Taemin poked at your head, which was hanging low, gently.

"What if I told you I like......you?" you asked, biting your lip.

------Silence------

After a few minutes of silence, you decided that he won't be giving you an answer. Just as you were about to stand and leave, Taemin grabbed your arm.

"I... I'd tell you that I like you too......" Taemin stammered.

You heaved a sigh. "But as a sister, right?" you asked him, finally looking up at his face. "Otherwise, you wouldn't have stayed silent for such a long time......"

"No...... I don't only like you as a sister. I like you, as in......you...and I... You know?! GAH." Taemin scratched his head sheepishly.

You giggled at his attempt to explain what he was trying to say.

You stopped giggling when Taemin clutched your hands in his tightly.

"I've always thought that I was more like an oppa in your eyes, and didn't dare to tell you I like you. All these while, I didn't have the courage to. And now, I even have to wait for you to confess to me before I confess to you. The times I spent by your side can no more compare to any other happiness. I can't express myself to you. My heart wants all of you, never let you go. I know this is cheesy and I just took it from the lyrics, but that's how much I can't express myself. So in simple words......will you be my girlfriend?" he looked at you with his big, brown orbs which shone with sincerity.

"Who knows? Two of us might be destiny..." you beamed at him.

He stared at you for a few seconds, comprehending what you said. Slowly, a wide grin spread onto his face as he realised that it was green light for him.

He embraced you tightly, and you wrapped your arms around him, nuzzling your face onto his chest and basking in his warmth.

"If this is love, I'll never let it go......" he whispered as he planted a soft kiss on your forehead before enveloping you in his frame again.