Son of a

The Help

"Uh excuse me" an older woman, most likely the blonde boys mother directed at you . A few customers from the surrounding tables were staring at you, mouth opened in surprise.  The blonde boy looked up at you but you moved your head away just in time to disguise your face.

"Oh I'm sorry ma'm, I said my stomach itch. Don't worry I won't scratch it here, I'll head to the back and wash my hands. 

You quickly darted toward the back kitchen, gasps of confusion and dismay scattered behind you.

"Son of a !! Son of a !!"

"No you mean your stomach itch" Nana was washing dishes.

"Oh my....Nana you're cleaning."

She directed her attention toward you. "And this deserves national attention why?"

"It doesn't I mean yeah kind of. So...how long have you been cleaning" You walked closely behind her examine the sink.

"You!! Get the hell away from me" Nana yelled.

You quickly exited the kitchen only to spot the Key family, You quickly re-entered.

"Nana!?, That son of a is here"

"Self introductions, this is new"

"No that I bumped into earlier today, I'm talking a few hours ago today. The one I spilled used OJ on and pushed into a trash pile today!"

"Geesh! I didn't know you had it in you, I guess I can see you being a bully. Did headwrap put you up to it" you had Nanas full attention.

"No CAP didn't put me up to this. That bastard called me uneducated and called my mother a e."

"What? No one talks about your mother but Me and Mrs. Jenkins from down the block. I'm gonna kick his !" Nana exited the kitchen in full rage but not before you quickly yanked her back in.

"Way to attempt to get us fired, you don't even know who he is." 

"Point EM out" You and Nana poked your heads slightly out the door. You quickly directed Nanas head toward the blonde and probably asian family. Calmly talking amongst one another. 

"Look. You go out there and serve them but do NOT, let that son of a talk down to you....or me?"

"Nana he doesn't know who you are."

"Motherer better keep it that, NOW GO!"

You exited the kitchen and reached the Key family

"Sorry about the inconvenience, here we are with some water to start you off and here are your menus I will be back around shortly" The blonde boy didn't even look up this time, he was too occupied with his phone, his parents nodded politely to you.

After a quick pep rally with Nana you exited the kitchen again ready for war, this time no face hiding. 

"Are you guys ready to order" you spoke politely. The mother order shrimp scallop pasta with white moscato. The father a rare steak with a bottle of whiskey, low ice. The blonde haired boy looked up at you nonchalantly. Seconds later his eyes widen, recognition quickly flowing all over her face, then anger.

"Oh IDK. What do you think Ms. Waitress. What's something you enjoy here. How's your orange juice.?"

"Pulp free. Would you look to follow this fine lady" you gestured toward the older woman "lead and order shrimp scallop"

"Yeah yeah" he quickly waved you off.

You quickly came back from the kitchen after a few minutes spent of stopping Nana from bribing the cook into letting her spit in the food.

"Shrimp scallop for you two, rare steak for you sir, and white wine and whiskey. Please enjoy."

"Uh hello aren't you missing something?" The blonde boy directed to you. You didn't know what he was talking about. He read your face before rolling his eyes. "A drink. I don't have a DRINK"

"I am sorry sir. I don't remember you asking for one" 

"That's your job not mine, you're waiting on me. What's the point of us paying our hard on tax money to send you to school If you can't even be smart.. AT YOUR JOB" His parents gave him a look of shock before smiling at you, as if to say "He's not usually like this". Little do they know. "And can you push in my chair"

You grabbed his chair and pushed him hard into the table almost knocking over the older woman's wine in the process. He let out a painful breath.

"I'll go MAKE that drink for you sir" you whispered in his ear.

"But I didn't order any yet" he spoke through his teeth.

"Oh don't worry I know just what you like" you returned back to your table with a glass of coffee, compliments of the half used cup from the kitchen trash can.

"Oh waitress you're back. My parents and I was just talking about something you might find interesting. See there's a girl with no home training and she terrorizes a well refined young lad. It's sad how people who have nothing never act humble. Don't you think?"

You had enough. "We'll maybe if some people would act like normal human beings and NOT disrespect others at will. But no..because they spent their entire lives bottom feeding from the hard work of their parents, they don't know humble because they never worked. They don't know refine because they're too up their own to see their mistakes. The only thing they ever did right was was not die during birth which if you ask me is debatable." Their was a long pause in the air. "Ready for desert"

The blonde bot suddenly grabbed the glass of coffee and tossed it on you.

"Key!!" His parents exclaimed "what are you doing"

"Putting this dog in her place" he grabbed a handful of pasta and pushed it into my face. "How you like those chopsticks?"

You turned around to leave before spotting Nanas face. Your anger and courage returned. You grabbed a plate of chocolate cake from an older, slightly overweight, mans table and threw it in Keys face, turning his smug smile into a grimace. 

"Noooooo!why?!?!" The man screamed in pain at the lost of his desert.

"You call my mother a e and come to my workplace to harass me??!!" Keys parents looked at their child in disgust.

"She pushed me into a trash can!!! And for the record I would never screw your mom!" You threw his moms wine in his face before knocking him down. 

"I wouldn't screw your mom either!" His mom gave you a wide eyed look. "Sorry ma'm I don't do blondes" she gave her husband a "fix this look" . Before he could Key tackled you in the ground and you two were rolling and fighting back and forth. Your manager grabbed you and pulled you to the back kitchen, Ending the fight. Nana was no where to be found.

"What has gotten into you???!" These are influential people you can't be here acting this like" the manager yelled.

"He's an "

"He probably is but he's also rich and that just cost you your job."

"What?" 

"We can't keep you after this. It was too much, your a good worker and everything and I wish the best for you and your family but, "

"Don't even say it. It's okay I deserved this anyways. I'll turn in my stuff tomorrow" you quickly left the restaurant bumping into Nana on the way.

"What happened to you. Your face!!! He hit you?!?!"

"He won Nana. He got me." Tears slowly brimmed to the surface.

"Who?"

"Key.....I'm fired Nana. I've been let go!" You fell into your friends arms as you cried for your family. The anger and grief bubbled quickly to the surface like an emotional volcano.