Prologue: Antlia

Forgotten Starlight

★★★

 

"Good morning and welcome to Orion's Coffee Shop!" Baekhyun quickly greeted as he heard a ring of a bell in the shop's front door, signaling an entering customer, together with another cashier worker. He then continued entering the order of a customer in the cashier. He didn't bother to take a glance at the new customer because he thought that 'it's just not worth it'. 

It's 7 am in the morning. A time when a lot of office workers, particularly those who don't have much time to prepare a decent breakfast to satisfy their stomachs, drop by a coffee shop to buy a cup of coffee to give themselves some heat and energy before facing another day's work. Some have made this as a daily hobby and some might have just passed by. But the smell of freshly brewed coffee, or maybe a compound kind of coffee, is always delightful to one's smell. In a life of a daily worker, caffeine is really a great thing to become bestfriends with. But this man who just came in didn't really come to buy a cup of coffee but there was something else he had in mind or maybe someone else. He made his way to the cashier, particularly the cashier that Baekhyun manages.

 

Baekhyun finished the order of his present customer and came to welcome another. The man to be exact. "One Cappuccino. Regular size please. And you know how I like it, Baekhyun." 

By the time Baekhyun's name was mentioned his eyes immediately made it's way to examine the person in front of the cashier. He was tall (absolutely taller than him), he had an obnoxiously big ears and eyes too, a fluffy hair with the shade of dark brown. But Baekhyun didn't recognize him, no matter how hard he tried, and he was still confused as to why the man called him by his name and assumed that he knows how he like his cappuccino to be made. Baekhyun stopped staring and just shook his head obliviously. 

He doesn't know him.

"I'm sorry sir. But I believe I don't remember or even know how you like your cappuccino to be made. Can you just tell me?" Baekhyun asked with enough respect. He just stamped in his mind that maybe the man just called him by his name because he was always wearing a visible name pin in the left part of his chest. But the other part of him just knows there's something else because there is always something else. Baekhyun continued staring at the tall man in front of him.

The man sighed and you can see on his face that he is- sad. But unfortunately, Baekhyun doesn't.

After a few moments the man decided to tell Baekhyun how he likes his cappuccino to be. Baekhyun entered it and made the cappuccino, turning his back to the tall man.

As he was waiting for the enough amount of espresso to pour, he didn't realize he was staring at the left part of his chest for some time now. Until he becomes aware that he forgot to bring his name pin to work today. 

He finished making the cappuccino and made his way back to his position facing the tall man. He faced him with a confused look, one eyebrow up, and gave his cappuccino. The man reached out for his cup. "Do I know you?" Baekhyun asked and the man froze. They are now holding the cup together. 

"I thought you'd remember me. I guess I was wrong," the man said with a gloomy face that made Baekhyun more confused. 

"I'm sorry," those were the only words Baekhyun could mutter at that time. He took out his grip from the cup and sighed as he looked down

"Can we talk?" the man asked. But it was more of a plea.

"My shift is not yet over. But I have my break at noon. 12pm sharp."

"I'll wait." the man said immediately as if waiting for five hours is an easy task and not boring. He sat at a coffee table in a corner, alone, waiting for a petite man's break.

Seconds, minutes and hours have passed. It's now 15 minutes before Baekhyun's break and the tall happy man is still patiently waiting for him in a corner. 12 pm came and Baekhyun went to the back to hang his apron on his locker. 

Baekhyun made his way to the tall man's table to talk to him as promised. "Hi Baekhyun!" the tall man greeted with a cheerful grin on his face as Baekhyun helped himself to sit in front of a so called stranger (or not)

"So, do I know you? Because it's clear that you know me." Baekhyun asked, looking straightly at the happy man in front of him, not trying to sound sarcastic and he did.

The tall man reached for his wallet in the back right pocket of his pants and took out a wallet sized picture and placed it on top of the table sliding it
closer to Baekhyun with his big hands as Baekhyun just stared at the picture- confused.

Baekhyun immediately took the picture in his hand as the tall man's touch was gone. He stared and begged his mind to let out the informations he needed. The picture contained four stars (or should I say it's a picture of an asterism). As he continued to stare, he was unaware that the tall man was already standing.

"Now, can you remember me?" the tall man muttered and walked away from the confused little man staring at a wallet sized picture as if his life depended on it.

After a moment of living in his own world, his mind finally spoke to him.

He knew this man. 

As that entered him, he immediatey lifted up his head and he was shocked (maybe bewildered) that there was no tall or happy man in front of him, sitting and grinning. He took an immediate stand and looked here and there inside the coffee shop trying to find the man who waited for him for five hours just to give him a picture and leave him confused.

"Chanyeol, I'm sorry. I unwittingly hurt you first before even knowing it's you." 

 

★★★

 

[A/N: Hi! I'm back in writing and posting stories here in aff after two years and some days. I've decided to discontinue my past two stories that I've made back then. (They were full of grammatical errors and typos with matching colorful things in it that I already disliked when I went hiatus.) Feel free to tell me about my grammatical errors because I want to improve.] Please leave comments too if you want. I will surely read and appreciate them.