Jung Hee Cheol

Promise


 

              “Yah, maknaedeul!!” someone who I believe named Hwang Kwang Hee yells from the corner of the dance room. “Come here!”

Dong Jun and Hyung Sik run like crazy toward him. Looks like he gave them a bite of the bread he stole from their leader.

               “It’s delicious, Hyung!” Hyungsik said that half screaming.

               “Yah! My bread!!” Jun Young run after Kwang Hee.

And suddenly…

               “Excuse me, you’re blocking my way. Can’t you move a little bit?”

A deep-but-charming voice come from somewhere behind me. Hyemi pulls me closer to her, saying that I’m blocking that person’s way then she apologized to him.

He looks at me in the eye, looks like he wants to give me a warning. He is Jung Heecheol! The oppa I like.

               “Catch him, Heecheol-ah! He stole my bread!” Jun Young asked for help.

From what I see, he does not do anything. He just walks towards the computer at the corner and talks to Kevin oppa who sits there and has a conversation with 9Muses leader, our Sera unnie.

Hyungsik comes closer to me and asks what I am doing because he thinks I look blank.

                “Nah..” I said.

                “Hyemi-yah, what’s wrong with her?”

                “I don’t know. Probably because of your Hyung.”

                “Who? Somebody hurt you, Minha-yah?!!” he asked me with both eyes opened wide.

                “iiiiiiiisssshhhhhh….. weirdos!” I poke his head.

                “Gather around, gather around!!” Jun Young call us to gather at the center of the dance room.

                “Come on.” I drag Hyemi and Hyungsik.

                “Yah, guys. We’re going to perform starting next week on the wingcar. We hope the boys and the girls will help and support one another. We are family anyway.” Jun Young explains to us.

Most of the members are looking at him but, Hee Cheol keeps staring at the floor. Seriously, what is he doing?! He is so mysterious! Is he even a human?!

And suddenly, he looks at me!!!! I look at the mirror in a hurry, looks like he noticed tho. I try hard to control my expression. When I think he’s not looking at me anymore, I take a glance at him. He smirks and staring at the floor again.

After practice, he waves at me, then making a gesture which we interpret it as “come here, I need to talk…” That’s what I guess, so I go to the place where he is.

                  “Why did you looking at me during the practice?” he asked.

                  “Eh?” I’m shocked.

                  “You understand Korean, right? You’re not a member from abroad, eh?”

                  “I’m Hyungsik best friend. I’m from Seoul.” I said, slightly panic.

                  “Oh, the one who helped Hyungsik stole the pencil from the stationery shop.”

                  “Excuse me?”

                  “Am I wrong? Or, you’re the one who fights with the seniors because Hyungsik was beaten up at the alley?”

Why did he know my freaking past?!! Hyungsik told him everything?! That kid…