Chapter 2

Shadow of Perfection [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

              I was fidgeting with my fingers nervously thinking of ways to entertain Oh Se Hun. I was neither animated nor high-spirited to be of great entertainment to him or to anyone else. And I was sure being with dull people would be his last choice if ever.

 

                 It already was a huge burden for me to be asked to tour him inside the campus, let alone be his partner for the whole semester just because I was the class president and the top of the class. If people think it's weird that a passive person like me was a class president, imagine how ridiculous it was for me. I didn't know how to interact with people; I was always with my sister or Daeun. And most of the time they do the talking and I do the listening.

 

                      I sighed another long sigh and tried everything to ease myself with the idea of being with a person other than my sister and Daeun. The pressure was really on me.

 

                The Mathematics class was on-going but I couldn't focus myself with the lecture in front of me knowing that someone was behind me scrutinizing every move people make in front of him. I knew it perfectly well, because I was the same. Watching and observing people do their things at an invisible corner at the back as they pass by me.

 

                   I was about to get the book the teacher was asking when I felt someone poked my back. I froze; I didn't expect him to do that. I ignored it, hoping that he'll stop doing it, but he poked again with the tip of his pen, then another.

 

                       I closed my eyes feeling my heart beat become faster every time he poked. It was thumping loudly I couldn't make out what the teacher was instructing. I faced him slowly, with a straight face on but I knew how pale my face was. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead and I felt like nauseating. Talk about being socially awkward.

 

                        He looked a bit surprised when I faced him, whether it's because he didn't expect I would face him or because of how constipated I looked like, I didn't know and didn't bother to ask.

         

                          He hesitated for a bit but he still decided to talk. "Uh, Ms. Park, do you have the book the teacher is talking about? You see, I still don't have the book. And in which case you have it, can ----"

 

                  I didn't let him finish his sentence; I knew how his statement would end anyway. I nodded and handed him the book. Sehun looked confused with what I did so he asked "Why are you giving me this? Don't you need it too?"

 

                       "Y-you need it more." I stammered and faced the front again; there the ever suspicious Daeun was staring at me. I mouthed the word "what?" but she just smirked at me and turned to the board again. O-kay what was that for?

 

                          I breathe deeply steadying myself from the sudden conversation overload. That didn't even last for a minute but I felt like my voice had been dried out and I felt cold all over. What an eventful morning, I thought.

 

                           I tried my hardest to follow the lesson but, I couldn't survive with these complicated math problems without my book but I couldn't just snatch it away from him, could I? After all I was the one who offered it to him. I massaged my forehead; my head was spinning like crazy because of the numbers and equations on the board. Math's not really a good friend of mine. Just then I heard a creaking noise beside me. I turned to the source of it, my eyes widen in shock and a gasp escaped from lips as I see Sehun taking the seat beside me.

 

        "W-what are you---" this time he was the one who didn't let me finish my sentence.

                       "Guess you need it too. So shall we share?" He smiled and offered me the other end of the book.

 

                           I guess I was gawking at him for a good while because I heard him chortle beside me which took me out of my reverie. The effect of the earlier encounter with him hadn't subsided yet and now he was here beside me, I could feel my heart racing again and the proximity of him didn't help. I didn't know how long I could endure it so I just lowered my head pretending to be reading the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter