Final

Missing Chapter

Everyone must be talking about this woman who is now living in a not big room. She was from a wealthy family. She used to sleep in a big bedroom with a king-sized bed. But now, not anymore. A little boy keeps pulling a nurse’s hand while walking at the hallway,”I want to see my mother, it has been a long time!”

“I am sorry, but this is not the time to visit your mother.” she talked gently,”And you are not with your grandfather as usual, where is he?”

“No! That old man only gives my mom unworthy words! I won’t let him to visit mom! I am the only one who can visit her!” the little boy almost yells. The nurse sighed. She remains silent, because she doesn’t know whether this kid knows that his mother is in mentally pain. After being left by two precious men in her life, she begins acting absurd and ends up here. In psychiatric hospital. Every morning, she mutters ‘He controled my hand! He shot himself! He died in front of me!’ endlessly. He is Yasuo, Namekawa Yasuo.

The little boy stops in front of a white-colored door and tells the nurse to open it. Unfortunatly, she refuses his order and helps him to see her mom from the window glass on the door instead. He smiles seeing his mom who is sitting at the edge of her bed. Her gaze is blankly straightened to nowhere. But finally, she realizes someone watches her from that window, her son, Sehwan. She mouths his name, Sehwan.

Sehwan’s name unpredictably invites one sentence to echo on her mind. Sehwan really looks like his father, so it must be Yasuo’s sentence which echoes,”I am going to tell you this big missing thing in another world. I’ll be waiting for you, there.”

SRAATS!

She falls down. A pool of red liquid surrounds her. A knife which has function for peeling fruits is on her grip after slitting her own throat in front of Sehwan’s eyes.

~~~

23rd January, 7 years ago

Thirty minutes before ceremony, twenty minutes before incident

“Yasuo!”

“I’m behind you, Miss.” Yasuo replied Ryuyoung, as usual, respectfully. Ryuyoung told him that she was sorry for yelling. She didn’t know that her great butler was behind her,”I’m so nervous, Yasuo, what should I do? Ah! Can you please, go check Hangil upstairs? He is a bit slow you know; make sure that he has been ready.” Yasuo bowed and quickly went upstairs to Hangil’s changing room.

Sound of knocking door Hangil heard while he was tidying his tie and looking at his own reflection on the mirror. He let the guest to come in, and the door was opened. Tall figure in black tuxedo stepped in. That figure stood right behind Hangil. Hangil could see who the guest was since his mirror also reflected it,”Yasuo?” he mouthed. Yasuo replied with such a sincere smile. He gave Hangil an applause,”Congratulation, for your wedding.” he forced a smile. He really did in order to refrain his tears. Man doesn’t cry, it is his motto.

Hangil only could stare at his friend with no reaction at all. He stoned there. But then in a few seconds, he finally found his consciousness. Hangil stepped closer to Yasuo, nearly running. He rapidly hugged him as suddenly tears were flowing from his eyes. Yasuo’s right shoulder was also wet by his tears because Hangil’s face touched Yasuo’s shoulder. He cried, and cried along. This is not Hangil, Yasuo muttered. It wasn’t like the usual Hangil he used to know. Totally different,

“Yasuo, I am so sorry. Even until I reach my death, I am so sorry.”

“You don’t need to be like that, Hangil. You do no mistake at all. Even, I’m happy that finally you understand what I feel to Ryuyoung. You understand why I am so crazy about her. Because now, you feel it too, right?” Hangil bitterly laughed after hearing Yasuo’s words. He did agree to Yasuo. One hundred percent. But as Yasuo had done talking, the more thoughts of as if Hangil was a betrayer filled up Hangil’s mind. Feeling guilty was the only thought that stuck now after he forgot about Yasuo for a long time. After ignoring Yasuo for a long time. And now, Hangil wanted to say it,”Yasuo?”

“Yes?”

“Kill me.”

Yasuo pushed Hangil away. He looked at his friend in disbelief,”What do you mean?”

“Ryuyoung deserves to be with you.”

“She loves you, she deserves with the one she loves, not me.”

“But she can love you, there’s an opportunity. She deserves the love from you, not me.”

“Hangil! Stop talking meaningless!” Yasuo forced Hangil to stop talking. Yasuo wanted to just leave him and said,”Everyone is waiting for you downstairs, we’ll meet again after the ceremony.” but when he opened the door then walked to the stairway, Hangil pulled his shoulder and stood in front of him. Yasuo held Hangil’s arm in case something bad happen because Hangil almost fall from the stairs,”Yasuo, sorry for bothering you and Ryuyoung. And, sorry for bothering your business now. So, in order to prevent continuous disturbance, I’m away.” Hangil released his arm from Yasuo’s grip and let his body to fall backward on the stairway with head was the first one hitting the ground.

Noises started appear from downstairs. Still in shock and unexpected tears were flowing from his eyes, he attempted to hide somewhere. Avoiding any misunderstanding also hiding its fact as a suicide. Just let people know it as accident, no one can’t be blamed. But destiny is the one.

~~~