CHAPTER 1

PUPPETS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

140225, 11.55pm
Château Luxe

The music was driving the crowd crazy, pumping up the adrenaline of everyone present. They were waiting, waiting in anticipation of the greatness they were about to witness. Everyone can’t wait.

Especially that one guy right opposite the stage in the VIP section.

Kwon Jiyong looked around him. He was sitting with his friends when they arrived 20 minutes ago. They never arrived at a club before midnight but this was a special occasion. He had waited too long for this moment.

Suddenly the music stopped. Jiyong stood up and went to the railing so he could get a better look at the crowd. He could see people pointing fingers at where he was but his attention was on the stage.

11.56pm

The sirens went off. Jiyong smirked.

She knows how to make an entrance.

The moment the sirens ended, a husky voice was heard.

“Are you ready for the B-E-S-T?”

You have not idea.

The crowd went wilder than before as the introduction to ‘The Baddest Female’ played. Everyone started chanting.

CL!

CL!

CL!

CL!

The curtains dropped and there she was, sitting on the throne, lifted high in mid-air, where she belonged. It was indeed where she belonged. She was after all, the Queen.

And now it’s time you are in your rightful place, my Queen.
Beside the King.
Beside me.
Kwon Jiyong.

Just before the song started, Chaerin looked up and spotted Jiyong without any difficulty. She was the one who arranged for him to be seated there so he would have the prime spot in today’s performance. When she caught him looking at her, she didn’t break eye contact with him. Instead, she smirked and said the next line looking directly at him.

“I heard you were looking for me?”

Jiyong was mesmerized by the woman looking at him without flinching, without fear, without pure admiration. In her, he found an equal and that was what drove him crazy. He needed her in his life. He didn’t exactly know why he wanted and needed her this much. Maybe it’s because she’s always elusive, so unattainable. But it wasn’t just the chase. There’s something drawing him to her without him knowing.

I found you.
Soon, you’d be mine.

Without them knowing, both of them had the same thought at the same time. But that moment was broken when Chaerin shifted her eyes to Jiyong’s right and when she saw the other man she was looking for, she broke out in an outright grin. She dropped her stage persona for a minute. In that split second, she was just Lee Chaerin.

Jiyong looked to his right, and he was surprised to see who the man that got Chaerin to momentarily drop ‘CL’.

Lee Soo Hyuk.

When Chaerin turned away to focus on her performance, Soo Hyuk looked to his left and smiled at Jiyong. He walked over to where he was and gave Jiyong a hug. Jiyong returned the hug but the moment he was released from the hug, the question came out without his permission.

“Hyung, how are you related to CL?”

Soo Hyuk turned to look at the girl who’s tearing down the club with her performance. Jiyong looked at Soo Hyuk and the look of pure love and adoration on his face startled him. Lee Soo Hyuk is a well-known Casanova, pretty much the same as Kwon Jiyong himself. But that look on his face when he looked at Lee Chaerin, Jiyong recognized it even if he had never experienced it before.

“She’s the love of my life. But in name, we are siblings.”

“What do you mean?”

Soo Hyuk smiled that mysterious smile.

“Sorry, Ji, I still want to keep this secret exclusively ours. Enjoy the show~”

Jiyong watched Soo Hyuk walk down to the main area of the club and talked to someone holding a video camera and the woman next to him. They broke out in laughter before turning their attention back to CL. Jiyong recognized the woman that Soo Hyuk was talking to. It was Hong PD from ‘We Got Married’. Jiyong frowned.

What is he talking to Hong PD?

Suddenly, Jiyong turned towards his friends who had all stood up to watch CL’s performance. He pulled Seungri to his side and asked him urgently.

“Seungri, who was the one who sent us the invitation to this party?”

“Dony. I got the invitation from him the day after Valentines’ Day.”

“Did you know that Soo Hyuk hyung know CL?”

“Of course! They stay together. In name, they are siblings, but no one really knows what is the true nature of their relationship. Whenever Soo Hyuk hyung is involved in a relationship rumor, it would be put to rest the next day when CL appears somewhere with him.”

“Did no one try to find out exactly what their relationship is?”

“Oh, they have tried but you know the name Lee Soo Hyuk is quite feared in the entertainment world. Other than the fact that he had managed to build his own business empire before he turned 21, he’s also closely associated with the Takashi family. That just makes him almost untouchable. And that protection is extended to Chaerin.”

“Chaerin?”

“Ah, that’s CL’s real name. Lee Chaerin.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Dony and his brother, Deuk used to train in our academy until Chaerin decided to open one and leave them in-charge of the new academy.”

“Are you that close to her to be calling by her real name?”

At this, Seungri actually blushed. Lee Seunghyun, blushing at a mere question.

“Actually, no. We have been introduced before but it was a very brief encounter. And she forbid Dony to use her real name.”

“So you went and find out for yourself what her real name is?”

“Yes. I find her very intriguing. There is this aura about her that draws you in. People usually lose themselves when they are with her.”

So, I’m not the only one who feels it…
But why do I feel this possessiveness when it comes to her?

“Seung…”

11.59pm

Before Jiyong could continue, his phone vibrated, signalling a new message.

FROM: UNKNOWN
Are you ready for your wife to meet you? Get ready. :)

Although Jiyong already knew who his partner was on the show because he arranged it to be so, he didn’t realized that he would be meeting her at her own party since he’s got an event planned for her. Thinking that he’s got the upper-hand, he smirked and started his descent to the main dance floor. His hands went into his pocket to make sure that his gift for his ‘wife’ was there.

12.00am

“Are you guys ready for my new song? I want to see you have a MENTAL BREAKDOWN! LET’S GO!”

The crowd went wild. The music started playing and CL slayed with the performance of her new song, ‘MTBD’. Everyone was dancing along and cheering without knowing what the lyrics was but everyone was drawn into her performance.

And that included Kwon Jiyong.

Jiyong couldn’t take his eyes off her. Every look, every hand gesture, every snap of her hips, everything about Lee Chaerin, or CL right now, was hypnotising to him. At the end of the song, the crowd went crazy once again and surged forward when CL got down from the stage.

Wait, why did she get down from the stage?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter