Chapter Three

Piece by Piece
Piece by Piece
Chapter Three
By: Sharl





Siwon stared forlornly at his son's closed bedroom door. Changmin barely touched his food during dinner that night. And that was never a good sign. The last time Changmin did this was when Siwon scolded him very harshly but Changmin had apologized soon enough.

But he hadn't even scolded his son this time. He didn't even know what the hell had happened. Changmin refused to tell him anything and not even the sight of his favorite chocolate cake could make him speak.

"Buddy?" Siwon tried knocking the door, "can I come in?"

As expected, there was no answer. He took it as a good sign though so he pushed the door open (thank God he didn't put a lock on his son's door) and walked inside. 

Changmin was sitting on the bed, playing with his gundam robots and crashed them with each other. He didn't even look up to greet his father, but Siwon didn't mind that. He was nothing if he didn't know his son and he'd be damned if that wasn't a worry look flickering in the boy's eyes.

So he sat down on the bed, trying to look interested in the robots. "Is that a new robot granny gave you?"

His son still didn't look at him.

"The other robot looks pretty impressive already."

"They are not robots, they're gundams."

"They're what?"

Changmin gave him an annoyed look and Siwon knew he should rest the argument. If Changmin called it a gundam, then gundam it is; no argument there. His son could be very stubborn if he wanted to. And Siwon had a bad feeling that it was what got Changmin at trouble. And most likely, he didn't apologize for that and even argue with his teacher.

Siwon had wanted to see this new teacher, but since his mother had come back with first rate review he felt like he didn't need to. But obviously he should have.

However that was not going to be useful now. The most important thing was he had to know what would happen tomorrow. Siwon had already called his boss and told him he was going to take the day off. His boss was not pleased with this sudden urgency but he understood Siwon's position. Siwon had made it clear that Changmin would always come first.

He cleared his throat, trying to get his son's attention. "Changmin, I need to know what's going on."

Changmin stopped smashing the robots -gundams- with each other. But he still didn't look up. "It's nothing daddy. You'll see it by yourself tomorrow."

"What we think as nothing might be different than other's, kiddo."

".....I know that."

He waited, but no explanation came. Instead he saw his son bit his lip and those beautiful mismatched eyes were glistened with tears. Siwon's heart clenched in pain as he gathered Changmin in his arm. 

That small body was raked with small sniffles before Changmin broke down and cried. "I-I didn't do a-anything daddy, I swear! I didn't mean to hurt h-him."

"Ssshhh, I know baby, I know." He caressed his son's back. "I know."

He could only think that 'him' meant Junsu. Maybe later Changmin would tell him more, but for now he'd let his son cry his eyes out. It hurt to see Changmin cry because it had been too long since he last cried. 

Siwon tightened his arm around the small boy, trying to give his son comfort. His heart broke even more when he heard him mumbled, "I'm sorry, daddy."


 

+++





The next day Siwon still didn't know anything. He only knew that somehow Changmin unintentionally hurt another boy, presumably Junsu but he was fully aware that he had to stand by his son. Everyone made mistake at some point, and the sooner Changmin learnt from his mistake, the better.

The two of them were the only ones in the classroom right now. Neither the new teacher nor Junsu and his parents were there yet. A school staff had come earlier and told them that they needed to wait, and that the teacher would be there soon.

As neither of them said anything, even ten seconds felt like ten minutes. Changmin was obviously still afraid because he didn't say anything. He also only ate very little at breakfast which only worried Siwon even more. If this continued Changmin might get sick and it was the last thing Siwon wanted in the whole world.

"Min, aren't you hungry? Want me to find you anything?"

Changmin shook his head and Siwon sighed. He had no choice now but to wait.

Two minutes later, the door was opened. Siwon had expected to see the new teacher, but two men walked in, one of them carried a young boy around Changmin's age with a sling on his arm. 

Siwon gulped. This must be Junsu and from the looks of it, he broke his arm. No wonder the teacher was upset and asked Siwon to come to the school. 

The two men that came with Junsu were striking. Their tailored suits were immaculate and looked expensive. Their hands were linked and Siwon knew then that they both must be romantically involved and they were Junsu's parents. It was not his first time to see a gay couple, but the fact that the two of them came together meant that they were really care about Junsu.

One of the men cleared his throat. "Hi, I'm Jaejoong, and this is Yunho and Junsu."

He extended his hand and out of reflex, Siwon shook it. He casted a worry glance towards the injured boy and said, "I'm Siwon and this is my son Changmin. I hope your son is not too badly injured," he added later.

Jaejoong smiled grimly. "He had few broken bones, but the doctor said he could take the sling down in few months."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Yunho was the one who answered this time. "Well, these things happen. The injury will heal, so..." he shrugged and Siwon saw him looking around the room. "The teacher is not here yet?"

"He's here now," said another person from the door, "I apologize for being late."



-End of Chapter Three-