Fight 2

Host Club Killers

 Your cheeks turned pink and you quickly jerked away.


"Y-you've got it wrong!"

  An  black-haired boy stood by, inspecting you from head to toe.

"Ne, ~~~ hyung, right? You're a strange one. . ."

   You, surprised by his close proximity, pushed him away.

"Who the hell are you calling 'hyung'?!"

   Flustered, you began to back up unaware of an object in your way.

"E-excuse me please. ."

  You turned around, back bumping into something solid. Eyes widening in horror, you found your arm outstretched as you lunged for a porcelain vase. The intricate blue patterns shattered upon impact, leaving the whole room silent. Unknown to you, the seven pairs of eyes were focused on the gold necklace that spilled out from the mess.

"Awww, that was an antique." One of the boys complained.

"We were going to bid that off in the school auction, starting at 8 million. ." His friend added while smirking.

   Queasiness overcame you as you sputtered out,

"I can pay you bac. ."

   As you trailed off, one of the same boys interjected,

"Can you? You can't even afford your own uniform."

"What's with those gaudy clothes anyway?"

   You wore a blue sweater over an old button up, some dark jeans, and a pair of worn sneakers. 'This was all I had left in the wash,'.

"What would you do, Nam Joon?" The one who called you a commoner asked aloud. By now, the porcelain shards and jewelry had been swept up and vanished from sight.

   You turned to face 'Nam Joon' who sat in his chair again. He pretended to flip back any of the imaginary hairs not slicked up on his head and smiled,

"Do you know the old proverb, ~~~? When in Rome do as the Romans do. "

   His friendly face turned a little too friendly for your taste and you nearly fainted as he spoke the next words,

"If you don't have money, pay back with your own body―In other words, you will become the host club's dog!"

   You stood there frozen.


   'It's too cruel, mom, dad. After you both left, I spent six years of laborious, odd jobs to pay for rent and expenses. Now finally in the school I tried so hard to reach, I've been trapped by a group of rich posers called 'the host club'.

   Other voices in the background could be heard.

"Where will you treat me, Nam Joon oppa?"

"Anywhere you want,"

"What kind of sports do you like, Nam Joon oppa?"

"Whatever you enjoy,"

"I baked a cake for you, will you please eat it?"

   The boy gracefully took her face in his hands.

"Only if you feed me,"

   Cue heavy blushing.

"O-oh! Oppa~"

   You looked at the boy dryly. Grade 11, class A, Kim Nam Joon (Commonly know as the host club king or leader)

   Giggling chimed from another corner as you shifted your attention.

"This kid ended up practicing the wrong song until he was half asleep."

"Hoseok! That is. ."

"He cried to me because recording was the next morning,"

"Aww, how cute Taehyung oppa!"


   Said boy feigned embarrassment, taking his brother aside.

"How could you?! Telling that story in front of everyone. ."

Grade 11, class B, Jung Ho Seok and Kim Taehyung (Brothers of some sort, who share a forbidden love)

   The brunette held his sibling's face,

"I'm sorry Taehyung, you were just too cute at the time. ."

   Squeals erupted from the girls as they had to fan themselves from the "beautiful, brotherly love" as they called it.


"I don't understand it all," you muttered while eyeing the ecstatic females. "They aren't even brothers, right?"

"It's our mission to use each of our characteristics to answer to our clienteles' needs,"  a brunette spoke up beside you.

Grade 11, class A, Min Yoon Gi
(Vice president of the hc)

 "Hoseok and Taehyung have always grown up as close friends despite being raised by single parents. As of recently, their mom and dad have wedded so I guess legal terms haven't been agreed on yet."

"Oh, so they're step-brothers," you concluded. Giggling over from the King's corner made you scowl.

"If you didn't know, Nam Joon is our best," he added as he flipped through some notebooks. Yoongi gave you one, letting you leaf through the pages. 'So it is true. .Hah! I don't believe that dork is the most requested,' you snorted.

"You'll be doing simple chores at first. .Oh?" YoonGi noticed your perplexed expression. "Please don't try to run away from this either, we're not as easy as you think. Do you have any experience with the local families here?" 'As in gangs?!' The eerie feeling his smile gave off made you quickly hand back the papers and seek some kind of refuge 'Away from that grin,' you shuddered.

"He's right though," Nam Joon spoke up from behind, scaring you in the process. "Try to work hard for that 8 million won. You won't get popular like that,"

   You looked at him shrugging,

"I still don't understand this ridiculous club. What's on the inside should be the thing that matters, not wealth or status." 's' you grumbled in your head.

"How naive of you, honor student. Why don't you make use of your time here and go buy us some coffee. There's still plenty of break left." YoonGi requested with a glint in his eyes.

   You gulped at his smirk and quickly took the grocery money. 'Dammit, how long is this break?!'

   When you returned with the small plastic bag, you dumped its contents into a table. The hosts as well as their clients curiously crowded around.

"Instant coffee?"

"Commoners' beans?"

"Is it contaminated?"

'Who the hell are these kids?! It's like they've only ever had some exotic, hand-ground coffee!' You frowned.

   An adorable brunette bounced over earning squeals from most girls.

"What is it, ~~~hyung?"

   Your eye twitched.

"Coffee?"

"Make it for us, ~~~hyung!"

   More fawning.

   You stared at the child-like boy before stiffly ripping the package open.

Grade 12, class c, Park Jimin (the baby-faced 3rd year who should actually be a junior at BigHit. Rumor of his staying for an actual senior year is still being determined)

   Someone brought a French-press and some hot water up to the table. 'Really? A hundred won machine for some cheap, convenient store coffee?' . You shrugged and went to work.

   The silent room made you slightly unnerved as you scooped out the hazel-colored grounds. Once it was done you let out a sigh of relief. Pouring the black liquid into some cups, you looked at the group who stood still. They just stared back. Finally Nam Joon spoke up,

"I'll try it."

   With that, erupted a new wave of fangirling.

"Opp's so brave!"

"How manly!"

"If Nam Joon oppa is trying it, I think I will too!"

"Ooh, so will I!"

"And I!"

   After you had filled each respective cup, you watched as they sipped.

"It's. . .good!"

"Wow!"

"Delicious!"

"I can't believe this coffee is good and yet so inexpensive!"

"Funny how that works," you rolled your eyes, muttering quietly to yourself as you collected the dishes. As soon as the coffee-fiasco died down, things were back to how they were prior. Before you could get enough of the insanity, the bell rang. You tore through crowds of exiting students, eager to get away.




    Unknown to you, a boy stared at your retreating figure with narrowed eyes.
"What the hell is she playing at?"

"V~! Help me put our things away!"

    His expression returned turned around to face his brother who grinned at him. All their clients had left and the rest of the hosts were cleaning up.

"Sorry, I wasn't thinking,"

"Man, someone needs to tell the dog he needs to stay for clean up!" Hoseok whined a little while sweeping.

    YoonGi smirked,
"Since it's his first day, I think we can let him off the hook."
 


 

    The remainder of the school day flew by quickly. You hopped off the train, and meandered back to the edge of town where your flat was. At the doorstep, you fit your house key into the slot before swinging the old door open. Besides the pictures along the wall and on the tables, the room was rather barren. With only a couch, lamp, and book shelf to decorate the space, you liked to call it "simplistic". Just the necessities―minus electricity once and a while.

"Mom, Dad, I'm home." You called out to the empty room. There was no response but the wheezing of the air conditioner. The pictures greeted you like always and you went back to your bedroom. Your first day of high school turned out to be rather eventful, even for the new kid.




________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for such a long, unannounced hiatus, but I started writing again! Thanks to those who read, subscribe, comment, and vote! Youre comments are especially valuable to me, because I know what to improve on, so thanks agian! I'll try to post again soom:D

~Toasty