The Kidnapper

The Lunar Throne

Narrator's P.O.V

You creep down the street as your sore legs nearly gave out.

This morning you forgot to take your bike so you ended up walking to school and to work.

It wouldn’t have happen if your obnoxiously rich parents let you live in the same house as them.

As much as you hated it, you sighed and lived another regretful day.

It was pretty dark outside but you got used to the late nights since you’ve tended to work past your shift hours.

Of course there was a few stray cars driving along but then you thought your mind began to hallucinate.

A boy, dressed in silver and black, was walking down the middle of the road with a small trail of flames following each foot step he took, distinguishing after every other step.

“Okay, I’m overworking myself; I’m starting to see things.” You rubbed your temples and blinked forcefully, not daring to take your eyes off the stranger.

Suddenly the boy raised his arms midair and a gigantic phoenix-like bird made entirely of blazing fire appeared above him.

“Holy cow!” You hid behind a bus stop bench, shielding yourself from the heat that had drifted against your skin.

The stranger’s back was facing you, making you curious to see his identity.

As you spoke to yourself about the realistic illusions, your face twisted in mortification as a sneeze was bound to escape.

“ACHOO!” The sneeze echoed throughout the street and the fire boy turn towards the victim.

He scanned the area closely with his brown orbs and found you clutching onto a street lamp as you multiply sneezed.

In a matter of seconds, he vanished in the thin air.

“What the heck?” After recovering from such involuntary attack, you looked up; the presence of that fire boy was nowhere to be found.

As you swiveled around, you were immediately blindfolded and hauled over a shoulder.

A strange yelped emitted when you realized an arm was wrapped around your hip and the motion of being airborne overcame your system.

The latter did some weird trick that required concentration and reappeared in a warehouse.

You had felt a surge of wind breezing through your internal soul but it had vanished before you could analyze the problem.

“Aww freaking Kai doesn’t understand what home base means.” The kidnapper muttered and lamely slapped his knee in annoyance.

Rather than transporting again, he ran at an unsteady speed and extended his whole body into midair like he was stepping on stairs.

Little by little, a melting heat erupted from the bottom of his shoes and smoke clouds began to form.

The clouds began to blaze in a dangerously orange red as it increased its height into the sky and felt like solid cement, according to the creator. “Hell yeah, I finally mastered the ultimate transportation myself.”

At the rustling impact of the wind within the heighted atmosphere, your blindfold had slipped off and uncovered your eyes to horror.

“Holy crap!” You cursed, seeing the ground becoming small.

“Yah, I demand you to put me down!” You drummed your white fists on the fire boy’s back, wriggling in his grip.

“Pretty lady, if you don’t want to pummel 200 meters to the ground, I suggest you to hold on tight.” The stranger gave a playful grin.

“What?” You felt his arm loosening up, making you feel sick from gravity pulling you down.

“No no. Mom!!!” Your hands scrambled to find something to grip on.

He chuckled loudly before carefully holding onto your waist.

“Where are we going?” You raised an eyebrow, although the latter couldn’t see, but fear was hinted in your tone.

“To China.” The boy casually stated and continued to levitate.

“ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? TO CHINA?!” You were squirming uncontrollably with fright.

“You know what, let’s go piggy back style. You’re going to fall off if you keep up your antics.” In seconds, you were on his back with your arms clasped loosely over his long neck.

“I rather not die, I suppose. What is your name?” You mumbled before asking for the latter’s name.

“I am Park Chanyeol, the happy virus!”