Of Minhyuk’s Birthday and Double Celebration

Of Minhyuk’s Birthday and Double Celebration

“I want to celebrate birthday together with Yonghwa hyung since our birthday are only one week difference.” –Minhyuk

“Let’s celebrate separately.” –Yonghwa

 

Minhyuk’s POV

 

Hyung! You rejected me even in public interview. You were surely mean. Could you just lay down for a bit and said, “Yes, we will celebrate our birthday together.” Was it really hard to speak that?

Okay, fine. You would never do a double celebration with me. You always talked about having double birthday with Seohyun. Hyung!! Me and Seohyun had a same birth date you know that? Or you were completely forgotten about my birthday? Meany brother, you were mean!!

There was a side that i was actually excited for my birthday but on the other side i felt like wanted to skip my own birthday. I hope this year i would have better birthday celebration. I hope.. I hope..

 

27 June 2014

 

“Hyunnie, what do you want for your present?” I heard Yonghwa hyung asked Seohyun when we were on CNBLUE’s studio in FNC building.

As usual Seohyun would watch our practice whenever she had time. Since it still a week from Yonghwa’s hyung birthday, she willingly cleared up her schedule only to be with him. Geez! This couple made me wanted to smash my drum into a pieces!!

“Hmm..” Seohyun thought for a bit, “Having double birthday with you! That will be a nice present.” Said Seohyun.

“Well, that’s easy. I’ll spend whole day with you on that day, then.” Yonghwa hyung grabbed Seohyun’s waist and kissed her temple.

Eww.. please~ PDA alert! But wait, wait, wait? Did Yonghwa hyung just said that he would spend the whole day on Seohyun’s birthday, which was my birthday too? How about me??

“Hyung, it’s my birthday too, though.. you won’t count me in?” I asked.

“What? No.” Yonghwa shrugged and continued kissing Seohyun on her shoulder.

“Oppa! We should celebrate Minhyuk’s birthday too!” Said Seohyun.

“But it’s your birthday too, Honey~” Said Yonghwa hyung.

Me. Cringe. Don’t ask anymore.

“We can celebrate me and Minhyuk birthday first then after that we... well..” Seohyun didn’t continue her words. Her face tell it all, blushed and shy. I didn’t want to hear the rest though.

“You want it that way?” Asked Yonghwa hyung to Seohyun.

“Yes.” Seohyun answered. “We can have your second birthday celebration and we can make it triple celebration. How is it? The more the merrier, right?” Seohyun looked at Yonghwa hyung and then looked at me.

I felt happy. The most precious birthday was spending it with your closest one, in my case CNBLUE’s members and now plus Seohyun.

“Good idea.” I beamed.

“Okay!” Seohyun clapped her hands excitedly.

 

 

28 June 2014

 

Finally the awaiting day had come. I hummed sweet holiday song and keyed the passcode of our dorm. When i got in, the dorm was already decorated in pink balloons and ribbons. I was sure that the one who decorated it was Jungshin. I remember about Jonghyun hyung’s birthday. Aish, i’ve already said that he didn’t have to blow all of these pink balloons.

“Yah, Jungshin-ah. I’ve told you, not need these pink balloons!!” I said to Jungshin.

“I do it not for you, Minhyuk-ah. Yonghwa hyung told me to blow all these balloons for Seohyun.” Said Jungshin.

“Oh, jinjja? But why you don’t consider my request too?” I asked.

“He is the hyung, my dear Minhyukkie and you are not.” Jungshin said.

I sighed. It was my birthday too.. my special day too.. wouldn’t they listen to me instead of Yonghwa hyung this time?

I looked around and just found only Jungshin and Jonghyun hyung. The lovey dovey couple was nowhere to be seen.

“Where Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun?” I asked.

“They haven’t come yet. I don’t know..” Jonghyun hyung answered.

After i asked about the couple, the door clicked open. Oh, long live this couple.

“We’re sorry. We are late.” Said Yonghwa.

I noticed this recently. Yonghwa hyung always use ‘us’ to represent him and Seohyun. Geez, if i made some analogy, Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun just like buy one get one. A full package. Okay, i cringed again.

I scrutinized the couple. Yonghwa hyung with his unusual bright satisfied grinned, Seohyun with pinkish cheek and red lips. I looked lower at her neck and found several red spots. I snorted. Early birthday congratulatory, i guess? No wonder that they were late to come here.

“We’re sorry, Minhyuk-ah.” Said Seohyun. “Well, we are a bit late because we make cake first....”

Jonghyun hyung suddenly chocked. He ran to the kitchen to take tissue. He kept coughing. It made me worried. Was he sick?

“Jonghyun hyung, gwaenchanhayo?” i Asked.

“Yeah.. yeah i’m fine.” Jonghyun hyung answered with straight expression. This was weird.

“This is goguma cake. Me and Hyun make this together.” Yonghwa hyung announced proudly.

Jonghyun hyung chcoked on his drink again. I walked to him and patted his back. “Be careful, hyung.” I said.

“Thanks.” Said Jonghyun.

“Eww, you make goguma cake again?” Said Jungshin. “Hyung and Seohyun, please.. for my birthday you don’t have to make a cake for me.”

“Wae??” Yonghwa hyung protested, “We make this with full of love you know that?”

Jonghyun hyung snorted, “You make it right this time, Hyung? No messy kitchen with flour right?”

“Eh? Erm.. well, still quite messy.” Yonghwa answered with a playful grin on his lips.

Aigoo. What was with that stupid grin, Hyung? You wanted to brag about your happy life with Seohyun. Argh! I hate being single!

“Let’s blow the candle. Palli! Palli!” Said Seohyun. “Minhyuk-ah, come! Let’s blow it together.”

Seohyun walked to me, held my hands and dragged me to the other side of the table. As Seohyun’s hands touched mine, suddenly i felt shiver and seems the room became abnormally cold.

“Ya! Jung Joohyun! What do you think you are doing? Your hands!” Yonghwa hyung eyed our linked hands.

What? Jung Joohyun? That was their new joke? New pet name? Whatever. For the countless time of the day, i cringed... again and again.

“Okay, Oppa.” Seohyun pouted and released her hand on me.

“Eyy, what’s with that jealousy? He’s just Minhyuk, Hyung!” Said Jungshin.

Yonghwa hyung stuck up his tongue to Jungshin. He scooted to Seohyun and pulled her away from me. Aigoo, this hyung jinjja michin!

Jonghyun hyung helped us to light the candle. Jungshin clapped his hands and began to sing a happy birthday song. Argh.. Jungshin your voice was... ah never mind.. I wasn’t a vocalist too after all. Then, i blew the candle together with Seohyun.

“Happy birthday, Minhyuk-ah!” Said Seohyun. She was about shaking my hands but Yonghwa hyung held her hands.

“Hyung! Seohyun want to shake my hands and congratulate me.” I commented.

Yonghwa hyung kept holding Seohyun’s hand then he shook my hands instead, “Happy birthday, Minhyuk-ah!” He said.

“Ookayyy, thanks Hyung.” Aigoo the king of jealousy!! I mocked him in my head.

“Happy birthday, Babe.” He whispered to Seohyun and pecked her lips.

“Thanks.” Seohyun blushed and pecked him back.

What the hell? This was my birthday too for God sake! Why this couple always being oblivious??

“Ahhh... my eyes.” Jungshin groaned.

“Wae?” Said Yonghwa hyung as if he didn’t do anything.

“Cut the cake, shall we?” Seohyun said cheerfully. She cut the cake and put it on the plate. “First cake is for you, Minhyuk-ah! You are my twin. Happy birthday!”

“What? Hell no! Your first cake should be mine!” Yonghwa Hyung whined at Seohyun.

Aigoo, my head really hurt. What sin i had done? My birthday, which should be my happy day, turned to be an exhausting and miserable day.

“Minhyuk-ah, sorry...” Said Seohyun with concerned face.

“It’s alright. Give it to Yonghwa hyung. It’s his birthday celebration too after all.” I said.

Yonghwa hyung grinned like a moron.. Whoops did i said moron? But hell! He was!

“Here, Oppa.” Said Seohyun.

“Feed me.” Said Yonghwa hyung.

Gosh! Cringe. Double combo cringe!!

“You’re such a spoil baby..” Said Seohyun, her cheek blushed.

“I am.” Said Yonghwa hyung with that goo goo eyes.

Gahh!! Could i burn this dorm now? Pretty please? Or somebody just shoot me now? Please.. please..

“Eww! You are disgusting, Hyung!” Jungshin groaned, “You too Seohyun! Just go get a room!”

Jungshin was really something. He never held back his comment. I looked at Jonghyun hyung who busied himself with his phone, maybe he played candy crush or pokopang. For now playing online games seems the best thing to do.

I sighed and tried to compose myself. “It’s enough.. let’s eat the cake. Here.” I handed the cake to Jungshin and ignore the couple who was now eating each other.. erm i mean eating the cake together. “Jonghyun hyung, do you want the cake?”

“Hm?” Jonghyun hyung looked up from his phone screen.

“Cake, Hyung.” I repeated.

Jonghyun hyung looked at the cake as if the cake was the most disgusting thing on the world. He cringed and shook his head, “No thanks.”

I was confused, “Wae?”

“Erm.. i had enough with goguma cake on my birthday. I don’t want to eat that again.” Said Jonghyun hyung.

The thing i remember about the cake was, that cake was disappear the day after Jonghyun hyung’s birthday. So he ate all of the cake? I knew Jonghyun hyung was really gluttonous, but never i imagine that he ate the whole cake alone. I understand that he didn’t want to eat the cake again.

“Okay.” I finally said and took the cake for myself.

I ate as i looked at my surrounding. Jungshin was eating the cake while watching TV, Jonghyun hyung was back to his phone again, Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun was drowning on their world again. I sighed. This wasn’t the birthday party that i wanted. Poor me...

The idea of celebrating birthday together was the worst idea ever! Better i celebrated my birthday with my 91 liners friend. Or i would find a girlfriend to spend my birthday with.. because damn it! Yonghwa hyung and Seohyun make me so envy. I wanted a girl who would feed me the cake too. Or maybe me and my future girlfriend would make a cake together too. Damn you, Yonghwa hyung! You made me feel how single i was.

Fix then! Next year, we would celebrate our birthday separately, Yonghwa hyung! I would definitely make sure of that!   

 

END

 


 

HAHAHAHA!! happy early birthday to Minhyuk! I love you minhyuk.. really i love you.. i didn't mean to torture you. LOL.

The interview about minhyuk birthday is really tickling (?) hahaha. Minhyuk will regret his wish to celebrate his birthday together with yonghwa. LOL. Go get girlfriend, palli! 

I insert the infamous goguma cake.. kekeke. If you haven't read my previous fic "Of Jonghyun's bithday and goguma cake" go read that one.. then you will know what's the secret behind that goguma cake.

By the way! today is my 2nd anniversary as an author in AFF!! Yeay congratz for me! time flies, isn't it? consider this is fic is my present for you to celebrate my anniv! kekekeke. 

anw, thanks for reading ^^