On One Snowy Day

Sweet Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

On One Snowy day

 

On that snowy day, she met him and he met her. They were strangers yet they felt like they had known each other for a long time.

 

.

.

.

.

 

“Are you dead yet?”

 

She looked at him who was lying on the ground, she bent down and moved closer to him, she studied his face. Handsome. She nodded to herself.

 

“Okay, you are dead”

 

She stood up and turned her heels. When she was about to walk away, her ankle was caught by something. She turned around and looked down at her ankle. She looked at the hand on her ankle then to the owner of the hand.

 

“I’m not” He said, eyes still closed.

 

She smirked, looked at him when his eyes met hers. He too smirked a little.

 

.

.

.

 

“Thanks”

 

He took the hot coffee from her. She sat beside him, looked at the fountain which was not working. He blew the coffee before sipping it, he stopped when he saw her hand was empty.

 

“Yours?”

 

She turned to him and smiled. “I don’t drink coffee”

 

“Vending machine coffee?”

 

She shook her head. “All coffee”

 

He put down the coffee and walked away from her with a fast speed, and after a few minutes he came back with a cup on his hand.

 

“Hot chocolate is fine right?”

 

She looked at the hot chocolate and up to him, she let out a chuckle before taking the hot chocolate from his hand and thanking him for it.

 

“It looks so refreshing in summer, but it looks so cold in winter”

 

He looked at her and followed her eyes. It was the fountain.

 

“I always come here in summer and saw the young men play with their skateboards, families do picnic here and play around. It is nice seeing them like that but now— it is empty” Her eyes turned cold and blank.

 

“I thought you were dead just now” She turned to him with a smile.

 

“And you left dead people there?”

 

She laughed a bit at his replied. “I don’t want to be dragged to the police station because I found dead people. It is troublesome”

 

“Even that person is this handsome?”

 

She turned to him with her eyes rounded. She inched closer to him and studied his face more, and when she pulled away she nodded her head and said “Indeed”.

 

“Then, what is handsome guy doing there? Lying on the snow like a dead person”

 

Seeing him, went silent after her question, she also stopped asking and looked back at the frozen fountain.

 

.

.

.

 

“It’s not that big but livable” She chuckled at her own words, he too chuckled.  “Well, welcome home?” He looked at her and nodded his head with a big smile.

 

“That’s the only shirt I have” She threw a shirt to him. “It’s mine but I guess you can put it on since it is very big” He looked at the shirt and scoffed at the size.

 

“Were you fat before?”

 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter