Welcome Home

Strangers

“Are you ready, princess?” I heard him from the door. I was trying to put my jacket on. It was not exactly rocket science but after the accident, it might as well be. My body still ached all over but I refused to stay in this gloomy hospital for one more day so I asked Seung Hyun to take me home – his home.

“Do you need help?” his voice was laced with concern. I shook my head and struggled to put it on fast so we could leave.

“Ready.” I glanced at him, sheepishly smiling.

“Alright. Let’s go, car is at the entrance already.” He his heal and started walking. I followed him wordlessly.

I wonder what his home would look like. I was used to big lonely homes where the only other inhabitants most of the time other than myself were the hired help. I wish his home was different, I wish I’d feel comfortable there. I wish his family, if he had any, wouldn’t make me feel unwelcome. I know I might technically be an unwelcomed guest but right now, all I need is a roof above my head that is located many miles away from where I am from. I don’t want to go back. Not yet.

We were now at the entrance of the hospital and true to his word, the car was there, waiting for us. It was decent enough looking. It wasn’t flashy but it was fit for a high ranking person in society. He must be doing well in his job to be able to own a car such as this one. An image of the numerous cars lined up in our driveway flashed before my eyes. I shook my head as I realize the direction of my thoughts. I must forget the past. For now, at least. I have to figure myself out first.

Seung Hyun opened the door to the driver’s seat and went in. I stood outside waiting for someone to open the passenger door for me. A minute had almost passed when the window opened and Seung Hyun peered through it, “Don’t you want to leave yet?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

No one is opening the door for me! How rude.

He chuckled as if he had read my thoughts. He got out of the car and opened the door to the front. I raised my eyebrows.

“Don’t want to sit in front?” He laughed softly. “You really are acting like a princess, aren’t you? I’d look like your driver if you sit out back, princess. Just sit beside me alright?” he smiled.

Oh. Right. I mentally slapped myself. I should forget about having fancy cars and butlers and all the perks of being the elite that I once was. I ran away from all that. I must face the normal life now. I nodded at him and went inside.

Once inside, Seunghyun leaned in and I tried to move back which was utterly useless. He smirked and simply said, “Seatbelt.” He clicked my seatbelt in place and straightened back in his own seat. Grabbing the wheel, he turned to me again and said, “You might want to sleep. It’s a three hour ride.” And I did just that.

I felt someone nudging me from the side. I opened my eyes only to see Seunghyun looking at me.

“We’re almost there,” he stated. I nodded, rubbing my eyes.

Finally getting rid of all the sleepiness, I observed the surroundings from my seat. I did not see any houses out here. There was only nature and its breathtaking beauty.

He wasn’t planning on taking me some place remote to do something horrid, right? I panicked and spared him a glance, eyes wide in fear.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” he asked. I gasped.

“W-what?”

“You’re looking at me as if I’m about to pounce at you any minute,” he gave me a wounded look.

Alright. Maybe I was overreacting. He looked decent enough.

“I-im sorry… I just… Where is this place?”

“Home,” he said.

“This? In the middle of nowhere?” I was really curious now.

“Well…” he struggled to find the right words.

“The place I live in isn’t exactly normal… This is already a part of it. We are heading to the main house right now.”

Main house? How many houses are there?

“Are you some sort of millionaire or something?”

“Me? No, not me,” he said, giving me a cryptic smile.

“Are we there yet?” I asked to change the topic because I didn’t think he was going to say anything anymore.

“Almost.”

After I think five minutes, he finally said that we’ve arrived. He parked his car in front of a large… house? I don’t even think you can call this a house. It was huge. Our house was huge but this was even bigger than ours. Wow.

“Are you just going to stand there looking all dazed?” I heard him say in an amused voice. He was at the front door already and I half jogged to catch up with him.

I stood beside him in this massive door. He pushed it open and what greeted me was a view of a massive fountain at the center having beautiful flowers decorated around it. And a few feet behind the fountain was a long, beautiful staircase.  I looked at Seunghyun again, giving him a once over.

“You’re looking at me very oddly again. Have I morphed into something hideous?” He chuckled.

“Is this your house?”

He shook his head. “No, I don’t own any of the things you see in here. I am merely someone lucky enough to live in such a beautiful place.”

I nodded. Maybe he worked here and had a high position. That would explain the car and the way he walked around this place like he knew every nook and cranny. He led me to a guest room and asked me if I wanted to rest.  I said yes.

“If you need to change, there are clothes that I’m sure will fit inside that closet,” he pointed at one door to my left. “I will have someone inform you once dinner is served.” He gave me a smile.

“Thank you, for everything.” I returned his smile.

He turned but before closing the door behind him, he said, “And welcome home, princess.”

I scanned my new room. It was big. Bigger than the one I had at home. The bed’s covers were in pink, even most of the decorations in this room were pink. I wasn’t exactly a fan of pink but oh well, who am I to complain?

I get on my feet planning to change my clothes. I open the tiny door to the closet Seunghyun pointed earlier and my eyes widened in amazement. It’s like I’m back home again.

The closet was the same size as mine… maybe a bit larger. And the clothes, as I scan through all them, these are all designers. Wow. It’s like having back my old closet except with new clothes.

There were tons of dresses in all lengths and in all colors but I was looking for normal clothes, simple and comfortable t-shirt and shorts. Even princesses love to sleep in comfy clothes sometimes. My parents didn’t exactly agree with choice of sleeping wear but it’s not they were usually home to tell me to change.

Thankfully, there were a few shirts as well as shorts at the very end of the closet. I grabbed a pair and hastily changed into them. I then crawled into bed and pulled the covers up.

Before I could close my eyes, a lot of thoughts were playing through my mind… it was like being back home except everything had been intensified. Bigger house, larger closet, more clothes…. I have yet to meet the other people who are living here. I hope I make a good impression. I don’t want them to think of me as a burden. I don’t want them to want me to leave…..

And I drift off to sleep.

***

A/N: Thank you to all the readers! You're all awesome, I hope you know that. <3 And I'm sorry for the slow updates. It's because I'm busy at the moment. *sobs* anyways, here is a Choi Seung Hyun gif for you all~

Follow me on tumblr for more gifs :D

Oh and watch Taeyang's Eyes Nose Lips MV please (if you haven't yet). It's perfect. The song is perfect and he's half- so I'm sure you'd all love that. lmao. TAEYANG - Eyes Nose Lips MV

Wattpad