Chapter 1: Awake

I'm Alive
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes shoot opened to see nothing but darkness. There was no air from where she was and not enough area for her to move. She was coughing because of all the dust and unwanted smoke she was breathing into.

She could finally have the ability to move her limbs yet it took her thirty seconds to fully gain control. “Someone, get me out of here!” she screamed as she fell down and hit the timber floor.

The girl stopped moving as she realized that she was unfamiliar with the room she was sitting in. There was nothing special about its visual; it was a bedroom with only an old bed that was torn and wore out with no equipped sheets or blankets and a window that was hammered by wooden planks which kept only a peek of light opened.

She felt hesitant about this room, even waking up from a strange dream about seeing a man in a white suit and then suddenly reality returned.

“Where am I?” she heavily breathes with little oxygen in the room.

The only voice in the room was her.

The only person in the room was her.

The only noise in the room wasn’t her.

She immediately heard creaking noises that startled her instincts and feared struck her. It was coming from the other side of the door; she could feel it from the creaks on her bare feet.

Slowly maintaining her balance, she stood up from the creaking wood and sneakily made her way to the door. She saw a shadow that disappeared when she got there. The footsteps kept walking passed the door and the girl sighed in relief.

Who was that? She thought to herself. Who was it exactly that made her stumble her feet in fear. The girl looked down at the door handle wondering if it was safe for her to open it. It took her a while when deciding to lay her hand on the knob and twist it gently.

She opened the door with a screeching sound of rust shocked her ears and stopped. Glancing at the area in front of her, she could see that this was an old house that hasn’t been used for years. She could tell from the squeaking rats to the ominous wind that seeps through the broken windows.

Knowing that this is a dangerous place to wake up in, but the main question was how did she get here? Why was she in this house? Was she kidnapped? Or did she stumble upon this place but cannot remember?

Those questions repeated in her head and she needed to find answers to each one. She sneakily took a big step out of the room and closed the door from behind. Tip-toeing down the wooden corridor to see what was ahead of her.

There was a room next to the one she was at and started to rattle the door knob a few times. She couldn’t turn it all the way so she assumed that it was locked.

She looked high and low; from the kitchen to the living room, to the other bedrooms and even the bathroom. Still she saw nothing out-of-ordinary. As she thought, it was an abandoned house with only a haunting feel like if someone actually lost their life here.

She was in the kitchen looking at all of the kitchen knives that seemed missing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter