Her

Attacked

I start to wake up with a groan.  I feel groggy from the drugs and I’m so sore I feel like a truck has hit me.  Now that I’m finally starting to get my baring back, I become really aware of a hand holding on to mine.  I look over and see Changmin fast asleep in a chair next to me, hand holding tightly on to mine.  The friend who was with me must of called him.  Oh, speaking of which, I should probably thank her for taking care of me last night so I grab my phone that she must of left by the side of my bed and send her a quick text.

Unsurprised, she messages back almost instantly, “That’s what friends are for ;) and I’m glad you’re ok.”

Before I can text her back, I hear a groan come from the man next to my bed.  I look over and see that he’s waking up.  I can’t help but giggle at how cute he looks as he sleepily rubs at his eyes.  The sound I made got his attention though and he snaps awake.

“How are you feeling?” He asks, voice full of worry.

“I hurt but I’m ok, I’m sorry for worrying you,” I say looking down, hands fidgeting with the blanket. 

“Do you know what I hate most about this situation? That they’re my fans yet I’m completely powerless to stop it,” Changmin says, voice void of all emotion, which only happens when he’s really upset.  I reach over and take one of his hands that is still resting on the bed and give it a comforting squeeze. 

“What happened wasn’t your fault, if anyone is to blame, it’s those girls that thought it was ok to do what they did.”

“They still did it because of me.  I love you so much and I want to spend forever with you but all being with me seems to do is hurt you.  Sometimes I think you’d be better off without me.” He says sounding absolutely defeated.

“Shim Changmin! Don’t you dare finish whatever you are thinking.  This wasn’t your fault and those girls that hurt my friend and I, supposedly because of you, aren’t really your fans so stop thinking of them that way.  If they really were then they wouldn’t have done what they did.  So don’t you dare suggest leaving me and I sure as hell am not leaving you.” I practically yell, much to his surprise.

“When I got the call saying you’re in the hospital, I just felt so helpless…” He says, voice breaking slightly so I give his hand, that I’m still holding another squeeze.

“And if we call it quits then those crazy es win and I for one do not want to give them that satisfaction.  It’s going to take a lot more than a few scrapes and bruises to get rid of me.” I say and for the first time that morning, Changmin smiles.

“Careful what you say, they might take that as a challenge,” He scolds, only half joking.

“That’s ok as long as you are always there to patch me back together."