Her

Attacked

It’s been a month since the public has become aware of my engagement to TVXQ’s Changmin.  About a week after he proposed, he went and told his company, as is standard procedure.  We really wanted them to wait until after the wedding to make the formal announcement but our wish went unanswered and they released the news practically immediately.  Since then, my relationship with Changmin went from hard to sometimes nearly impossible because of his fans.  Before our biggest concern was not getting caught and having to be away from each other for months on end.  The secrecy was for my safety but now that the fans know who I am, I’m fare game for their attacks.  I’ve had to change my phone number three times because I kept getting calls from deranged fans threatening me and all over the internet are hateful comments towards me and my relationship.  Of course all the fans aren't bad, some of them have been really supportive and draw really cute pictures of us and send me gifts.  Lately thought, the hate has been outweighing the support.  If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m so secure in my relationship and Changmin’s love, I probably would of broken a while ago.  Currently I’m curled up on the couch browsing through the fan blogs and laughing at some of the comments that people are making about me because they have gotten so outrageous that it’s reached a comical level.  My computer daze was broken by my phone ringing and without looking at who it is I answer it since it’s my ringtone for Changmin.

“Hey what’s up?” I answer smiling when I hear the man on the other end of the line scoff at my greeting.

“Is that the proper way to greet the man you love?” He says, mock scolding.

“Oh, sorry.  Hello great ruler of my universe, my life force and other half.  How are you on this fine day.” I say voice heavy with sarcasm and a roll of my eyes.

“Better, you need to work on the sarcasm though,” He says laughing.

“I’ll do better next time, I promise.  So is there a reason you’re calling me, oh snuggle bug of mine,” I say with a smile. 

“Do I need a reason to call the woman I’m engaged to?” a teasing voice responds

“No but aren’t you supposed to be doing something somewhere with some other people?” I ask.  With promotions going on, it’s nearly impossible for me to keep track of his schedule.

“Glad to see you pay so much attention to my schedule.  But if you must know, I’m on break from doing that so out of the goodness of my heart, I thought I would see how you’re doing.”

“I’m ok, there’s not much going on here.  Are you coming home tonight?” I ask.  Sometimes his schedules go so late or he’s too far away and just stays in a hotel for the night.

“No not tonight sweetheart, I wish I could but we’re not getting done until really late.” He says, voice slightly sad sounding.  It’s hard not being together as often as we would like to be but it just means that the time we do have together is that much more special.

“It’s ok, since it’s the weekend, I might see if some friends want to go out tonight” I say and I hear a soft sigh on the other end of the line.

“Just be careful ok? I don’t want you to get hurt.” He responds softly, his tone serious.  If it was up to Changmin, I would never leave the house out of fear of his fans hurting me but he knows that’s not realistic and still wants me to have my own life outside of him since he can’t always be here when he wants to be.

“I’ll be fine ok? This oppa stealing can take care of herself,” I joke trying to lighten the mood back up and I get a slight laugh as a reward followed by some mumbling as Changmin addressed someone wherever it is that he is.

“Well I got to go, I’m being called back to filming.  But seriously, if you go out, please be careful,” He says.

“Trust me, I’ll be fine.  No go do whatever it is that you’re doing.” I say and after an exchange of ‘I love you’ and ‘good bye,’ the call ends.