1/1

His Little Prayer

There he was again, kneeling down on his knees in front of his bed with his eyes closed and his arms placed on the mattress and Luhan feels a little shameful for watching the little boy from the top bunk praying.

Luhan quickly shifts his gaze back to his phone as Sehun opens his eyes and turns his head to look up at him. He sees the boy smile at him from his peripheral view as he stands before lying down on his bed.

"Good night, Luhan-hyung."

"'Night, kiddo."

In all of Luhan's years of being Sehun's roommate, he never really thought Sehun knew how to pray, and all of a sudden he started doing so - just about a week ago. He knew the boy was angelic; truly, he was, but he never used to pray at all. He was the type of boy who would give his only sandwich to someone in the streets, smile brightly to anyone and everyone and cry for someone else's sake; sometimes even for someone he doesn't even know. Those are some of the things Luhan hated about Sehun yet liked.

But he never prayed, and yes, Luhan is secretly a very curious person.

He decides he wants to find out.

 

"Wufan, do you happen to know if Sehun wants something really badly recently?" He first asks his best friend one day when they were the only ones left eating lunch.

The taller one across him pauses and blinks at him before swallowing his food and raising a brow. "Why do you ask? I don't really know, you know he almost never asks for anything."

Luhan hummed and pursed his lips in thought. "I see."

"Aish, hyung let go!"

He blinks before turning to look behind him in the living room to see Sehun giggling as Baekhyun was holding him captive from behind. "Nooo hyung shall eat you up!"

Sehun was smiling quite brightly with Baekhyun and Luhan almost feels his veins pop; Kris snickers through his food and Luhan sends him a glare.

"I'll shove those chopsticks down your throat."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Li Jiaheng."

"I'm done eatiiing." Kris sings as he stands up and puts his plate on the sink before leaving and Luhan rolls his eyes and wished he had a better best friend.

 

He asks Suho next, where everyone is occupied and busy at the backstage like he wants.

"Like something material?"

Luhan blinks and wonders if Sehun does want something material. For all he knows, the boy only ever loves ice cream. "I don't know, anything. Anything at all."

Suho tilts his head. "I don't think he wants anything at the moment. He doesn't usually show that he wants something badly even if he somehow does."

Luhan sighs and Suho raises a brow.

"Since when were you so curious about Sehun?"

Before Luhan could say anything in defense, Suho's make-up stylist saves the day by dragging him away. Luhan almost smirks before hearing a little squeal and seeing Sehun being nuzzled by Baekhyun on the cheek.

Luhan murders the fans that night with his furious performance unintendedly. 

 

Luhan asks Xiumin one free day while watching television together.

"Something he wants right now?" The elder asks, keeping his eyes on the television anyway and Luhan simply hums as a yes. "I don't know, maybe a boyfriend?"

Luhan widens his eyes and lets his mouth slightly fall agape, not that Xiumin would notice as he focuses on a show Luhan didn't give a about.

"Wh--"

"Baekhyun, maybe?" Xiumin shrugs rather nonchalantly before taking the remote and switching the channel.

Luhan didn't say 'good night' back to Sehun that night and Sehun pouts himself to sleep.

 

Luhan knows that what Xiumin said was possible, but he asks again anyway.

"Sehunnie?" Kyungsoo blinks before shaking his head. "Nope. He never mentioned anything he wants."

Luhan rubs his temple at the thought of the fact that Sehun does like Baekhyun is getting more probable, because it would be, of course, no wonder if the boy tried to hide that. Kyungsoo blinks at him owlishly once again in confusion before shrugging and turning back to cooking.

 

Luhan asks Sehun's best friend when it was their turn to buy drinks from the vending machine before they could return to the practice room.

Kai only laughs as they start to get nearer to the door.

"The day Sehun wants something badly is the day the world cracks into half. If you're giving him a gift or something, you can give him almost anything at all and he'll still like it."

Luhan tries not to sigh before hearing an all too familiar voice from inside the room.

"Gosh you're the sweetest angel ever, I swear."

Luhan almost crushes his soda can open when they come back to see Baekhyun pecking Sehun's cheek and Sehun blushing with a pout.

Sehun still prays and says good night and Luhan remains quiet.

Luhan is never going to ask Baekhyun. 

 

"...Why would you ask about Sehun all of a sudden?" Chanyeol widens his already big eyes and Luhan regrets asking the boy he thought would be the least observant.

"Nevermind." He turns to walk away, and Chanyeol simply spoke out to him as he did.

"I think you should ask Baekhyun, though! They're always together recently."

"Don't you think I know that..." Luhan mutters as he sits down on the couch in the empty living room.

He falls asleep there and Sehun says good night to himself that rainy night.

 

Luhan regrets asking Chen even more.

"Wow, you're wondering about what Sehun likes. This must be a dream, hyung pinch me I can't even believe you actually even know how to say his name right now oh my gosh we all thought you didn't even know his existence, you're like, the devil while he's the angel and wow just, amazing..."

Chen keeps talking and Luhan doesn't want to hear from him anymore and leaves.

 

He wants to stop asking, but Tao's the only one left anyway so he thought, what was there to lose, anyway?

"Um. Ice cream?"

Luhan palms his face.

 

He never dreamed of the day that he would wake up to Baekhyun's all too sickening pouty face staring down at him with puppy eyes, so he sleepily convinces himself it really was a dream as he stared back rather uninterestedly before pulling the covers up to his head to sleep and wake up to reality.

A whine and a tug on the covers confirmed it was actually reality itself and Luhan decides he doesn't care anyway and just wants to sleep, so he shamelessly pulls back onto the blanket rather childishly and turns away from the smaller boy.

"Yah! How dare you continue to ignore me after weeks of pretending I don't exist--?!" Baekhyun's voice was soon muffled by Luhan's hand and the latter shushes him because he believed, despite not looking at the clock, that this was an ungodly hour in the morning where it's too early for people to be alive and that below him, an angel is supposedly sleeping.

He doesn't even know how his mind unconsciously spoke that way about Sehun.

Baekhyun shoves his hand away and pouts angrily, opening his mouth to speak and being stopped yet again by a 'shh!'. Luhan huffs in annoyance as he sits up and Baekhyun glances at him in confusion before slowly raising his brows as if in realization and grinning ear to ear, making Luhan want to push him off the top bunk mercilessly even when he doesn't even know what the boy's thinking.

"The is wrong with you?" Luhan half-screams and half-whispers as he glares at the boy with all his might. Baekhyun only smiles innocently.

"You're worried about Sehun waking up, aren't you."

Luhan stills and averts his gaze away, and Baekhyun smiles a little wider before frowning after two seconds. "Hyung, how can you ask everyone about Sehun and not me? You make me feel invisible."

"I make everyone feel invisible, don't feel so special."

Luhan rolls his eyes nonchalantly and Baekhyun narrows his eyes at him before hugging him with a pout, much to Luhan's surprise as his eyes shoot open at the sudden contact. "W-wha--"

"Shh." Baekhyun giggles quietly before whispering. "You're asking about what Sehun wants because you've seen him praying every night, aren't you?" Luhan stays silent as a yes and remains unmoving.

"I can let you know~ On one condition, that is." Baekhyun smiles brightly as he leans out a little bit enough to look at Luhan, who raises a brow suspiciously but nevertheless nods once.

"I'll do it."

 

"Everyone~ Luhan-hyung and I will go out for ice cream okay?" Baekhyun announces rather cheerily after practice, and Luhan sighs as the former hugs his left arm.

If Sehun were a kitten, his ears would have been perking up as he swiftly jerks his head towards Luhan and Baekhyun at the mention of ice cream. The members simply waves them tired, dismissing hands, thinking that maybe Baekhyun really was able to make even Luhan come with him with his stubbornness, except Sehun, who simply pouts small as he fixes his bag.

Luhan's gaze unconsciously softens, that was until Baekhyun mercilessly drags him out and they soon find themselves in the nearest mall at the department store.

 

"Yay! Luhan-hyung I love you!" Baekhyun squeals and hugs the life out of Luhan and the latter simply stares at his almost empty wallet before letting out a sigh.

"Where's the deal?" Luhan flips his wallet closed and pockets it as he stares down at Baekhyun, who simply smiles bright in return. "Hold on, let me get my phone."

Luhan raises a brow. "Phone?"

"You're in for something adorable."

 

Baekhyun merely grins widely as he watches Luhan across him before sipping on his bubble tea.

Luhan had his earphones plugged and into his ears as he listens with furrowed brows, his gaze softening unconsciously with each second passing and Baekhyun nearly chokes on his drink at Luhan's small smile - because it rarely happens.

He's a little glad he was able to overhear something precious from a couple of weeks ago and see another rare thing today from their typical ice prince.

Luhan chuckles and Baekhyun dies a little inside. 'Too handsome.'

 

"Call me when it's dinner!" Baekhyun yells the first thing when he opens the door to their dorm before skipping to his shared bedroom with Chanyeol, probably to show off his new puffball plushie or to sleep with it.

Luhan spots Sehun in the living room on the couch with a pout directed at Baekhyun's door, and Luhan remembers Baekhyun's little lie about having ice cream when they had bubble tea.

Oh. He blinked.

He almost forgot about the small paper bag in his hand with a takeout bubble tea for Sehun.

Luhan walks up to him and as soon as he had the boy's attention, he coughs and turns his head away (because Sehun's face was far too adorable and bright to look at) and nearly shoves the paper bag onto the boy's chest. He shifts his gaze to the boy and sees him blink down at the bag innocently as he holds it in his hands before peeking inside and gasping, and Luhan feels a little stupid as he stares back at Sehun gaping at him quite adorably.

"W-we ended up having bubble tea instead. Drink it before it gets warm and disgusting."

And Luhan takes big strides to his room before he could see Sehun's very, very bright smile and Kyungsoo's knowing grin from the kitchen.

 

Luhan takes out his phone and plops down on his bed, connecting his earphones before smiling to himself as he replays the mp3 file he received from Baekhyun, not too long ago.

` Dear God, thank you for being with me in everything I did today and for everything you gave to me today. 

Please continue to take care of me-oh, and my dear hyungdeul too because they've been so tired that Jonginnie and Xing-hyung are injured, Baek-hyung, Jongdae-hyung and Soo-hyung are nearly fainting after every performance, Joonmyun-hyung and Wufan-hyung are stressed out because of us kids, Seokkie-hyung is nearly mute and Yeol-hyung and TaoTao are becoming thinner when they're already so tall and slim.

Luhan-hyung, eum... Luhan-hyung seems to be doing okay. Is Luhan-hyung considered okay when he never smiles? Hm...

Please take care of Luhan-hyung too, he has to smile more often or he'll get wrinkles. Why does he think that a smirk is a smile? That's all he ever does whenever he introduces... or sings a line in a performance... or just basically when he has to smile. 

Please tell Luhan-hyung a smirk isn't a smile. Luhan-hyung should just give the ice prince title to Wufan-hyung who wants it very much.

Please continue to take care of Sehunnie and his hyungdeul forever.

Amen. ´

 

Luhan comes out of the bathroom that night, all dressed up and dry and Sehun just finished his prayer as he starts to stand from his kneeling position beside his bed.

Sehun gives him an innocent, angelic smile before he tucks himself in on his bottom bunk. "Good night, Luhan-hyung."

"'Night, kiddo." Luhan starts to head to the bunk beds as Sehun closes his eyes and hugs a little Rilakkuma plushie - Chanyeol or Wufan must have given him that, he thinks - before stopping right beside Sehun and leaning down carefully to the boy's face.

Sehun doesn't seem to notice, not that Luhan would care either way, so Luhan proceeds and places a soft kiss onto the boy's forehead.

"Sleep well, Sehun-ah."

Sehun only opens his eyes when he felt Luhan settle down on the top bunk before smiling very brightly and staring up at the bottom of Luhan's mattress.

Luhan chuckles silently when he hears Sehun's quiet giggle.

"I can feel you boring holes onto my mattress, maknae."

"Eep! S-sorry, Sehunnie will just catch you if you fall..."

"You're not that strong."

"...Eum..."

"Sleep."

"Eum."

 

Luhan wakes up early the next morning to see a sleeping angel in his arms and blinks in surprise before eventually smiling softly and going back to sleep while hugging the boy closer.

----------

A/N: This is probably the most successful attempt at fluff and I'm not even that convinced yet kms.