Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic

Dedicated to those who need a little more courage than their usual days -

Please listen to this song first before reading so that you'll be able to grasp the emotions a little. Thank you! :) 


Though I've tried before to tell her

Of the feelings I have for her in my heart

Every time that I come near her

I just lose my nerve

As I've done from the start

This is the second consecutive year that they have been in the same class but he have yet buck up that courage to hold a proper conversation with her. “Why?” He questions himself more than once, “does this mean that she is not like any other girls I have met?” It is not uncommon that he is shy around the opposite , but this is the first time that he had ever felt this way – the restlessness & the butterflies in the stomach. As much as he would like her attention, he is afraid that anything he does might turn her further away from him – from the distance that has always been there. They are really nothing more than just hi-bye friends, who sometimes (or rarely) exchange their answers on school work.  

Every little thing she does is magic

Everything she does just turns me on

Even though my life before was tragic

Now I know my love for her goes on

There she is again, sitting with her friends at the same table in the canteen. Her hair is long & wavy, has a tinge of brown to it and is usually down on her shoulders. Her eyes, the almond-shaped eyes that turns into a crescent when she smiles or laughs; & her laughter that is just as melodic as her voice. She is soft-spoken most of the time, but when she is with them, the group of nine together, she can be heard speaking louder than usual – possibly reminding her friends about some things or just laughing with them. The way she tucks her hair behind her ear, and how she loves reading anything motivational or inspirational – even the way she avoids junk food is enough reason to make him smile. Every little thing about her, he is all so familiar with.

Do I have to tell the story

Of a thousand rainy days since we first met

It's a big enough umbrella

But it's always me that ends up getting wet

Finally, the time of the year has come & she is now sitting in front of him. Instead of admiring her from afar, he can now do it at a closer distance… well, that is some sort of improvement right? All of a sudden, she turned around & greeted him “hi, you’re Luhan right? Let’s take care of each other better now that we’re neighbours in class?” she tilted her head slightly while she said that, her eyes wide with innocence while waiting for his reply. “Sure, Seohyun. I’ll be more than willing to,” he gulped before he finally managed an awkward smile. She smiled a little and nodded before turning to face the front again. “Now… THAT is improvement,” he told himself in his head.

Every little thing she does is magic

Everything she does just turns me on

Even though my life before was tragic

Now I know my love for her goes on

As days passes, he finally had more opportunities to talk to her – when they missed out on the notes to copy because the professor was going too fast; when they had to pass the notes to the front or the back; when they are trying to find out the correct answers before being called up to answer in front of the class. Albeit the short interactions and the fact that they are always school-related, he is still thankful for every single opportunity. Deep in his heart, he knows that with or without these interactions, she will always be the girl in his eyes.  But every single day he goes home, wishing that he have had the courage to ask her out... or at least start a topic apart from school-related stuffs. & every single day, he feels the barrier to speak more than he should; for fear that any other actions or topics may scare her away when they are finally a tad closer now.

I resolve to call her up a thousand times a day

And ask her if she'll marry me in some old fashioned way

But my silent fears have gripped me

Long before I reach the phone

Long before my tongue has tripped me

Must I always be alone?

A month into the semester, he has finally reached another milestone – they exchanged their mobile numbers. She initiated it, for she wanted to be able to have someone to fall back on if she has any questions on homework, but this also means a possibility for more interaction time with her… right? Throughout the semester, they really did message each other a couple of times. While Seohyun was the one who initiated most of the messages, Luhan tried to do so too. She was also the one who started off asking the more personal questions (how many in the family, where do you stay, etc), & as usual… he is the one holding back. One night, it finally struck him that if this were to go on like how it is now… he WILL miss that opportunity to ask her out.

Every little thing she does is magic

Everything she does just turns me on

Even though my life before was tragic

Now I know my love for her goes on

Today, they are having their final class for the semester before the school break; which will also mean that there will be another round of shuffle in the class seating arrangement. “Today is not like any other usual day, Luhan,” he closed his eyes, took a deep breath & finally… took that step forward. “Seohyun-ssi, sorry to disturb you…” He called out to her; he had to compose himself again when she turned around – her head tilted slight to one side as usual & her beautiful eyes that are filled with curiousity staring into his. “Erm, I’m just wondering… if you’ll like to catch a movie with me some time next week?” Her beautiful almond-shaped eyes blinked a couple of times before they turned into a crescent, her tiny lips curved upwards & she finally spoke – “yes, I will love to,” she is still smiling, the smile that Luhan has always admired from far for so long. Her cheeks are a little flushed, he noticed, but before either could speak a word, their professor stepped into the class. She gave a final tiny smile, before turning to the front again. He smileed as he kept his head down & let out a happy sigh – with a little more courage than the usual days, he is finally able to take that step forward – to be finally able to talk to her all day; to be finally able to have her by his side for as long as possible. 

 


A/N: Thank you for reading! This is my first lyric-fic. I got inspired while listening to this song just today (it has been my jam for the past few months) & finally got down to finish this one-shot within three hours. I'm sorry for any vocab/grammar errors, I didn't really re-read much. As usual, I'm open to feedbacks - so feel free to leave either a comment/feedback/suggestion! Thank you once again, & good night (it's 2am over my side now). 

Picture credit to the talented pinkhanbokgirl. Because it feels appropriate for this song too. :)

P.S. I am currently working on the continuation of Your Voice, don't worry! I've not abandoned that. ^^ 

P.P.S. I initially wanted to use Kyungsoo instead of Luhan, but from what I know of them... Luhan seems more awkward & quiet around girls. Thus, making him the male lead. :) I'm also looking at having other male leads, alongside Seohyun (cause, bias) in future fics.