Happy Birthday Suho

Happy Birthday Suho

I also can't come up with titles so sue me


It’s been two months, Junmyeon thinks. Two months since Jongin had asked him out. Two months of awkward hand holding and blushing after pecks on the cheek that slowly escalated to something a little more heated.

 

It’s been two months and Junmyeon doesn’t understand why. Jongin is one of the popular kids in school. He not only looks good, but he’s also an amazing dancer and shy and sweet and why would he choose Junmyeon, of all people, when he could have anyone on campus?

 

“For God’s sake,look at me, Jongdae! Who would ever choose me over someone like…Chanyeol?” Junmyeon hisses. It’s just another day of Junmyeon letting his insecurities get the best of him and releasing it all on Jongdae in the middle of lecture.

 

“Junmyeon, you’re the student council president, rich, and have a really nice face when you’re not doing something weird with it.” Junmyeon lets out a whine as he slams his head against the textbook.

 

“You don’t understand,” Junmyeon’s voice comes out muffled. Jongdae just sighs and pats his best friend in the head. He wishes he could help erase the insecurities from Junmyeon’s head but, no, that’s Jongin’s job now.

 

At that exact moment, Junmyeon’s phone vibrates. Junmyeon reaches out blindly for his phone. Once he finds it, he drags it under the desk unwilling to lift his head.

 

Lunch?  :33

 

A text from Jongin. Junmyeon replies swiftly, unable to stop the broad, cheesy grin from spreading across his face. Junmyeon spends the rest of the class humming happily under his breath.

 

~
Junmyeon does come from a well off family. However, Junmyeon doesn’t know whether to actually call them family or not. They were never really home, his parents. Their business was more important to them than Junmyeon’s anything had ever been. It was where his insecurities stemmed from. Jongdae knows this and thus, puts up with Junmyeon’s little tantrums. Junmyeon never had anyone pat his head and tell him aren’t you just the sweetest boy mommy is so proud to have a son like you. Now things are different. Now Junmyeon has Jongin.

Junmyeon sits patiently at a nearby fast food place near the campus. His seat is facing the front door and Junmyeon can’t help but hop in his seat every time the door opens. He does this a few times before the worry starts to itch at the back of his head.

 

A few more minutes pass before he finally spots Jongin making his way through the door. He’s about to call his name out when he notices the girls. They’re all clustering around Jongin, flashing him their pearly whites, shuffling around each other obviously fighting for his attention. Jongin is smiling at them politely but, otherwise, not doing anything to stop the girls.

 

Junmyeon finds himself pouting unintentionally. He slumps into his seat, defeated. How could he ever compare? Maybe if he had s…

 

“Hyung what are you doing?” Junmyeon jumps in shock at the sound of the voice and lifts his head only to see Jongin looming over him. He moves his arms from his chest to his face, hiding the blush he knows is surely there.

 

“Junmyeon?” Jongin tries again. Junmyeon shakes his head refusing to look even look at Jongin let alone explain what he had just been doing.

 

“My hyung’s the cutest,” Jongin chuckles, patting Junmyeon on the head before taking a seat next to him. Junmyeon peeks at him from between his fingers.

 

“Why are you sitting here?” he asks nodding his head towards the empty seat across from him.

 

“So I can do this,” Jongin then wraps his arm around Junmyeon’s shoulder, pulling him in closer to his side until all they can feel is each other’s warmth and all Junmyeon can hear is Jongin’s soft heartbeat.


 

“Let’s order now, shall we?” Jongin asks, beaming down at Junmyeon.

 

~

 

It isn’t until they’re both done eating, sitting comfortably next to each other, that Junmyeon voices out his insecurities.

 

“I just don’t get why? You could have any of those girls. I know you’ve never dated a guy before and that we can be lacking in certain areas compared to the female species-” Jongin’s laughter interrupts Junmyeon’s rambling and, instantly, he is hiding behind his agains. Jongin continues to laugh as he pries Junmyeon’s hands apart until both their hands are intertwined and Junmyeon has nowhere to hide.

 

“Have you ever looked at yourself hyung? Like really look at yourself?” Junmyeon blinks up at him confused.

 

“Hyung looks cutest when he’s blushing,” Jongin cooes at him. Junmyeon can feel  his blush spreading from his cheeks to the tips of his ears now and it only makes Jongin smile bigger.

 

“I mean it,” he whispers this time leaning in to drop a kiss on the apple of Junmyeon’s left cheek.

 

“You should see yourself whenever you’re holding one of your student council meetings. You can tell you care. And whenever I find you in the library fast asleep on your textbook, hyung, I think I can wake up to this...to your little pout when you dream, your fists all curled up together. I think of holding you - and you’re just the perfect height for it too - all tiny and mine. You make me happy Junmyeon because you are beautiful like this. All embarrassed and vulnerable and mine.

 

Junmyeon isn’t aware of when he started crying and Jongin lets him pull his hands away this time so he can wipe at his face willing for the tears to stop.

 

“Would it be weird, if I said I love you? Or is it too soon?” Jongin asks bumping noses with Junmyeon lightly.

 

“It’d be perfect,” Junmyeon hiccups and Jongin smiles brightly at him before leaning down to kiss


Junmyeon never had attention and love as a child and he grew up thinking he would never deserve it. But there is Jongin and Jongin exists to kiss all his insecurities away and leave drops of love and affection in their place.


A/N: oH I JUST WANT TO WRITE A SMALL DRABBLE FOR MY ULTIMATE BIAS'S BDAY NOTHING BIG PFFFFFFFFT 

First of all, let me apologize this isn't as good as it could've been idk I rlly liked the poem but the fic kinda derailed itself and just took over I can't control my characters FML

Secondly, Happy Birthday to the loveliest most embarrassinly wonderful leader <33333 I wish there was a way to ease the burden ik you're carrying on your shoulders but all I can do is support you and your brothers and about you on twitter ofc I MEAN I LOVE YOU MY ANGEL SARANGJA

Pls comment and or if not idk...upvote...or subscribe?? At least share a cookie or something ;3;

Thank you for reading regardless you precious precious readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!