oo1

Bubble,Toil and Trouble

Chapter 1


Mr. Lee's dark hues grazed over the collection of papers in his lap. Occassionally, he would glance up at the nervous boy in the chair oppsite him. The teenager tapped his foot. "A young talent", his previous boss had said, his recipes had been 'one of a kind'. Sehun nervously gazed around the small office he'd been lead into, trying to find something that would calm his nerves. A large painting hung on the wall behind Mr. Lee's desk. Looks like a wolf, Sehun thought as the beast's sharp, saffron eyes stared into his and a menacing smirk graced its bloody lips. A shiver raced down the boy's spine. 

"Something the matter?"uttered the occupied male, his eyes never once leaving the the paperwork in his hands. A metallic taste oozed into Sehun's mouth. Wincing, Sehun his bleeding lip with his tongue and shook his head. "Nothing, Sir."he mumbled. "Just admiring the painting," The older male turned in his seat, gesturing to the artwork hanging behind him with an arch of his eyebrows. A low chuckle escaped his dry lips. Sehun didn't know whether to be afraid or not. He tried laughing too but what came out was a sort of snorting sound, similar to that of a pig's. His cheeks warmed. "She's a beauty, isn't she?" Sehun assumed the question was rhetorical and stayed silent. "Caught her myself. Had a painting of her final moments completed when I arrived back in Seoul," Lee's eyes moistened at the nostalgia though Sehun's stomach flipped. The thought of killing an animal made him feel sick. 

Of course, prior to his interview, he'd been warned of the bubbletea store owner's eccentric nature. Though, if you were to look at the store from the outside -its frosted windowpanes, the billowing curtains that blocked out the harsh August sunlight or the dozen tables littered across the café area, each with their own hand-printed menu- you couldn't possibly imagine the hyped, adrenaline junkie of a boss that ran the establishment. 

Suddenly, Mr. Lee slammed the wad of papers onto his desk and jumped out from his seat. Dark hues boring straight into Sehun's soul, it seemed, a smirk graced the boss' pierced lip. "What's your name again, boy?"

"Oh Sehun," the teenager answered, eyes searching for any giveaway signs on how the boss felt about him.

There were none.

This guy's like a rock, he thought, a shaky smile appearing on his face as the feeling of satisfaction washed over him. Mr. Lee continued talking however. His fingertips lazily flicked through the sheets as he did so. "I like your ideas, Sehun," he stated. "That old bat at your previous job seemed to have a lot to say about you," Sehun gritted his teeth. That "old bat" happened to be Mrs. Song, the very person who'd informed him on the job vacancy for this place. It was rumoured to be the best bubbletea store in Seoul and she was the reason Sehun was here today, applying for a manager's position. 

"You know, I'm travelling very often lately," the older male mused. Apparently, hunting wasn't his only hobby, ski-ing and scuba-diving were also on the itinerary. "Having someone like you would be handy for when I'm gone," The boy's heartbeat raced as he wiped a bead of sweat from his glistening forehead. Mr. Lee smiled, genuinely. "You think you'll do a good job here, boy?"

Immediately Sehun nodded, his mousy locks bouncing crazily on his head. "Of course, Sir. I'll try my best. No, I mean, I'll do my best," He bit his lip but Mr. Lee only chuckled. The older male ruffled Sehun's hair, his smile glinting, much like the stud through his thick eyebrow. " I remember when I was young and full of potential. All right, you're hired Sehun. I expect you here tomorrow at opening time." As quickly as his smile had appeared, a frown replaced it. "Or else." Sehun's eyes widened like a deer caught in the headlights. "Of course. You can count on me."

A swift handshake later, Sehun collected his files and exited the store altogether. Outside, a sleek,silver car waited for him. He heaved a sigh when he saw how awkwardly it'd been parked. As quickly as he could he hopped into the passenger seat and sighed contently once again. "So, how'd it go?" Luhan looked over at the younger boy with wide eyes. He'd been waiting all this time. "It went-" An angry car horn honked behind them abruptly cutting Sehun short. Luhan's parking was causing congestion. Sehun looked over his shoulder to see who'd honked at them and was surprised to see Luhan already out of their car and seemingly yelling at the driver behind. He shook his head. Luhan reminded Sehun of Mr.Lee in some ways. For one, they were both very loud.

A good 15 minutes passed before Luhan was sliding back into the driver's seat and heading back to their apartment block. "What did you say to him?" Sehun asked. Luhan scrunched his nose up. "I just calmly explained how my best friend just got accepted for his dream job and that parking in such a way was necessary," A triumphant smirked played across the boy's plush lips and sehun could only laugh at him. "I see. I have to say though, that was pretty calm for you," He nudged the boy's arm as he drove. "So, do you want to hear how it went or not?" Luhan rolled his eyes. "Of course I do, stupid,"


End of Chapter 1