Passage

Passage

 

           Opening the door, my eyes fix with the entrancing figure of a beautiful brunet sitting at the bottom of a tree, turning the hotel’s garden into a magical place with his mere presence. He always manages to steal my breath away, and this time it’s not an exception, I found myself unable to pronounce a word at the sight of him. With his eyes lost in the immensity of the sky, his lovely face lighted by the fading sunlight, and a small content smile adorning his features…

           “He looks like an angel.” As a murmur, the thoughts that were forming in my head leave my lips.

           I can’t remember when it happened, but at some point in my heart, we had become more than friends. He had become someone incredibly special to me, to the point that he's able to ignite every part of my soul, every part of my being just standing close to me. As if feeling a soft breeze I fall in love with only you.

           With small steps I get close to him and, midway, I pronounce his name, as if it was a prayer. “Kiseop…” He looks in my direction and our eyes meet, at this moment a warm feeling is spreading through my body. My love sways, and swims through the city

           “Eli.” He deems at me. The sound of my name had never been so beautiful until I heard it from him. “What are you doing here?”

           “That should be my line.” I say sitting next to him. “I was looking for you.” His smile spreads at it, before returning his gaze to the sky.

           You turn around and say “What a pretty sky, isn’t it?”

           “Very pretty.” I sigh, not exactly talking about the sunset in front of us but still looking up at it. “Aren’t you cold?” Like on queue a slight cold breeze blows.

           “Hmm.” He simple responds before moving a little closer to me until our sides are touching. Letting out a laugh at his cute behavior I wrap my arm around his shoulders “Now, I’m fine.” He adds with a dreamy voice and after a couple of minutes I feel his head leaning in my shoulder. “If this place was the ocean, how wonderful would that be” You say with a laugh and I’m getting a little shy. How can I contain the hectic beat of my heart when I have him this close and saying those words, knowing that the beach is the place where a perfect date for him would be?

           “This next Sunday, how about we go to the beach?” I suggest, after a time lost in my thoughts, imagining both of us sitting in this same position in front of the ocean, but with a different bond between us. “We have a free schedule, so we will able enjoy plenty time there.” The cold breeze becomes warm as my eyes land in his ravishing smile when I turn to look at him. In my memories, there was always your smile that overflowed warmly.

           “That sounds like a date.”

           I stare at him, word lost for a moment, a common effect of his presence. “Do you want it to be a date?” I ask, no without noticing the blush that rushes over his cheeks as a subtle melody reaches my ears. Sweet love song it resounds, as if just for the two of us.

           “I-I…uhm…I th-think…I-I would like that.” His voice a mere whisper while he looks at everything except me. I have never been oblivious of the fact that his behavior towards me it's always been different, but my own fears, the fear of losing him, have made me disregard the signs. Fears and tears will someday be turned into light. Maybe this is the time when my fears will turn into something completely different, something beautiful.

           I have the feel that this is the right moment to say the words that have been locked in my heart for a long time.

           “There is only one way I will call it a date.” I say withdrawing my arm from his shoulders, to face him and look into his eyes.

           “H-How?” He cutely stutters. As if feeling a soft breeze I fall in love with only you.

           My heart skips a beat as I shift closer to the man I love. I feel myself closer to him, and not just physically. Closer, much closer than yesterday.

           With the most serious look in my face I state. “When you promise me, our paths will be forever united.” Just one thing that shines, a future that continues from a fluttering heart to a dream.

           His pursed lips are calling me and before he had time to say something, I’m kissing him. The blue sky is looking at the two of us as our lips are locked in a kiss that we both seem to long for. “Kiseoppie.” I whisper against his plump lips, and when his eyes flutter open, locking with mines, I say “Let’s fall in love.”

           His eyes widen and, a second later, are glittering with tears “Eli…” It sounds as sob, but for some reason I still feel confident that, at least a bit, he share my feelings. Throwing his arms around my neck, he shyly confesses “I’m already in love with you.” I can help the smile spreading in my lips at his words. My heart is now spreading wings.

           “I love you so much!!” No more words are needed, just a sweet but passionate kiss of the many we will share from now on.

           Forever baby let’s be close.