Chapter First The

Two Souls, One Heart

"GET AWAY FROM ME YOU TALL FREAK!!!!"

 

"Hey, wait--OUCH!!! What was that for?!?!"

 

Chanyeol was just hit by a shorter figure who seemed to be crazy mad at him in a school hallway. He could've sworn he did nothing to irritate the other, well maybe except for calling him "Shortie" every time they see each other. Normally, that person would just pout and glare at him to say "I'm just vertically-challenged", but his reaction this time was different. The look in his eyes was different also, or maybe it was the effect of the eyeliner he had around his eyes. Chanyeol was kicked in the stomach and the other person left quickly. "What's wrong with Baekhyun today...? Did he suddenly get a period and went all-extreme mood swings on me earlier?!" he sarcastically complained when he saw two of his university friends, Jongin and Sehun, laughing at him. "Dude, why do you keep on forcing yourself to not believe the rumors about that guy, especially now that he just kicked your stomach?" Jongin said with a smirk on his face, making Chanyeol move a few steps backwards. 

 

"That's just a rumor, and I don't really see how he would ever have a condition like that. He's extremely funny and nice!!!"

 

"You better do your research about it, man. I have nothing against your friendship, but you gotta be careful around Baekhyun."

 

"His hapkido skills are good, too."

 

"Since when did you know that, Sehun?"

 

"I have my sources."

 

"Your what...?" Chanyeol asked directly before Sehun's phone rang. Sehun excused himself to answer the call and left. "Gotta follow my brother now. Take care, Chanyeol." Jongin mentioned before following Sehun around like a lost puppy. "I swear those two are the sweetest siblings to each other. I've never seen or heard them fight like what siblings usually do..." Chanyeol was lost to his thoughts, walking with his headphones on, until he bumped into someone. He stared at the shorter figure in-front of him and carelessly said "Where did your eyeliner go?". Baekhyun just stared at him with a puzzled look and opened his mouth to speak. Chanyeol's booming voice stopped him though, at least realization has hit the taller person. "Aaaaahhh, I just thought I saw you with eyeliner a while ago! I'm really really sorry!!" Chanyeol kept repeating and Baekhyun smiled. "It's fine, don't worry. I should be the one apologizing for kicking your stomach. I really didn't want to do that, but I'm so sorry." The taller one sighed, patted Baekhyun's head and said "Don't sweat it, Baekhyun. So, wanna go to the the usual cafe?" Baekhyun enthusiastically smiled and dragged Chanyeol to "the usual cafe".

 

It was a coffee shop a few meters from the university campus. Lots of students visit the shop and even became its loyal customers. The owner of the shop named Jongdae knows every student's face, personalities and secrets. Why secrets? Every customer of his comes to him and asks for his advice about anything and everything. Problems about studies, money, parents, and even lovelife, he always lends an ear and shares an advice. If one would want to know a secret of another student of confirm a rumor, Jongdae would be the best person to talk to. Of course he is promised to keep these secrets, but can break it for a price. One student needs to purchase one of the most expensive foods in the menu, the Rainbow-Flavored Creamilicious So-So Huge Sundae Over 9000, for Jongdae to tell any secret that he knows. Baekhyun plans to eat something simple, but Chanyeol has his thoughts and wallet on that special sundae. 

 

He would like to confirm something to Jongdae. 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered the cafe and was welcomed by Jongdae. "Oi, Baekhyun and Chanyeol! It's been a while, noh?" "Don't fret Jongdae-ssi, we're still perfectly fine!" Baekhyun answered in response. Chanyeol already took a seat and called his companion for them to order.

 

"I would like a slice of stawberry cheesecake and a cup of cappucino. You, Chanyeol?"

 

"The Sundae Over 9000 please..."

 

"Woah, you're ordering that? You did tell me you're saving money for something, but I'd never thought it would be for that sundae."

 

"Ordering it after not coming here for two weeks, huh? Guess you really need something from me, right Channie~?"

 

"Shut up, you two!! It's nothing, really..."

 

"Then the wonderful and awesome Byun Byun's order shall be a takeout instead! You two need to talk, after all~!" Baekhyun shouted which made Chanyeol a bit surprised. "We haven't come here in a pretty long while and you'll be taking out instead?! Oi, that's unfair, man!!" Jongdae just laughed at the two, thinking how cute they would be if ever they were a couple. Wait, couple...? "Aren't same- couples a bit normal these days?" Jongdae suddenly whispered. Baekhyun and Chanyeol definitely heard him, and they wish they didn't. "Ah, ah, uhm, I'll be taking my order now. See ya around, Channie!" And Baekhyun skipped to the door of the cafe. Chanyeol let out a sigh of relief and turned to Jongdae. Jongdae sat across the table and gave Chanyeol his Rainbow-Flavored Creamilicious So-So Huge Sundae Over 9000. 

 

"I never knew the sundae was THIS huge! I can't even take this out!!" 

 

Jongdae laughed so hard at his customer's rather shocked expression. All of his customers would be surprised at the size of the sundae, but Chanyeol's look that time was definitely priceless for the shop owner. "Hahahahahahahaha!!! That's why I added 'So-So Huge' in its name. You think the name of this bad boy is just a joke...?" As Chanyeol stared at the huge amount of ice cream he needs to finish, he finally grabbed his spoon and started to dig in."Man, this is actually good!!! But now that I already paid you with two weeks worth of my food allowance, may I now get a secret and advice from you?" Jongdae gave him his usual smile, and responded with a voice that seemed like it came from a young preschool girl. "Of course, Channie~! Now, what do you wanna know?". Chanyeol slowly ate his sundae before answering Jongdae's last question. He then paused, took a deep breath, and looked at Jongdae with a straight face. Jongdae was surprised to see this expression of Chanyeol's, as he would always see him smile and laugh whenever he steps in the cafe. 

 

"Neh Jongdae-ssi, does Baekhyun have a secret that he doesn't want people to know...?"

 

"Of course everybody has!! Especially that guy, he really needs to hide a lot, you know~? But I'm getting news that it's getting worse these days... Have you seen him once with eyeliner?"

 

"Yeah, earlier this afternoon. When I saw him with it, he kicked my stomach and shouted 'GET AWAY FROM ME YOU TALL FREAK!!!!' even if I ain't doing anything to him!"

 

"Have you heard of the term 'Multiple Personality Disorder', or its new name 'Dissociative Identity Disorder'...?"

 

"Not really but some say Byun Byun has it. I don't really know what it's about so I don't know what to react to your question."

 

"After finishing that sundae, search about it in the Internet. Yes, he has it but you won't have a problem knowing if he switched personalities. If ever you see him with eyeliner again, never ever call him Baekhyun."

 

"But why...?"

 

"Trust me, it's better if you call him 'Baekbeom' whenever."

 

 

 

Author's Note: There ya go, the crappiest first chapter that I made in the whole galaxy~~~!!! I really apologize for the sheer amount of dialogs, I'm actually more of a scrpitwriter after all. Criticism is always welcome, and please watch out for more chapters! Thank you in advance <3