Dad's Mystery

The Boss' Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**Hi Guys, Sorry if I couldn't update this story early enough today. The day was busy. As you know I update as frequent as I could (daily if I could). But the days are getting busier and busier. As I mentioned in the foreword, I can't commit on updating daily. So on days that I can't udpate this story, please be patient with me. Thanks for reading this! And thanks for the comments, I read them all. :D

 

Chapter 13

Dad's Mystery

 

8:30PM, Gangnam

Siwon and Sulli reached a small room.

“It’s quite small, isn’t it? I’d have to ask them for a bigger place. But though it’s small, it’s complete. It’s going to be comfortable for you.” Said Siwon

“For me?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah. I asked someone to find you a place.”  Said Siwon. Siwon pointed at a floral sofa. “Do you think I’d live here with that kind of stuff?”

Sulli suppressed a giggle. This man has humor.

“I asked someone to find a place for you. This is smaller than I imagined though.” Said Siwon.

“This is actually a nice place.” Said Sulli.

It was actually beautiful, it was small but has that warm atmosphere.

“I would love to stay in this kind of house. It’s perfect. However, I don’t think I should stay here.” Said Sulli.

“Why not? As I said, I would be your fiancé in a few days. I would be your husband eventually. This house is just a small gift.” Said Siwon

Sulli sighed.

“Did my father really ask that to be done? Did he leave anything that says that?” asked Sulli.

Siwon smiled.

“He said you’ll not get the shares of the company if you don’t marry me while you’re 25.” Said Siwon. “So actually, you still have a year to think about it.”

“How much are the shares my father holds in the company?” asked Sulli.

“Hmm…. Around 50 Million US Dollars.” Said Siwon

Sulli’s eyes widened. 50 Million WHAT?!

“You’re…kidding.” Said Sulli.

“Oh right, 50 Million Dollars might be understated. I know the prices went up last week again. It might already be somewhere around 55 Million.” Said Siwon

What?!

“Unbelievable.” Said Sulli. “My Father had that much money yet he allowed me and my Mom to live like that?” asked Sulli

Sulli sat on a chair.

“My mother and I…had to take large loans form evil loan sharks because she gets sick often. I had to be kicked out several times in the place I’m staying and doesn’t know where to go at night to sleep.” Said Sulli.

“But those happened only in the past four years isn’t it? When your Father was alive, he was sending help to your Mom.” Said Siwon.

Sulli sighed. Siwon is right. Four years ago, their financial problem started.  Now it made sense why, her father has died.

Sulli’s eyes widened.

“My Mom  also started to get sick four years ago.” Said Sulli. “Can it be that…she knew about my Father?”

Siwon nodded.

“There’s a high possibility.” Said Siwon.

Siwon took a bottle of water in the fridge. He opened it and gave it to Sulli.

“There’s a Stockholder meeting tomorrow to discuss the dividend distribution. You can attend that on your father’s behalf. I think nobody will mind as long as they know who you are.” Said Siwon. “By then you’d have an idea how much your father is earning in the company per year. You can also view how much his share really is. By then, you’d believe me.”

“Did my father leave any written will?” asked Sulli.

Siwon nodded.

“A lawyer has it. He left letters for different people too. He left me and my Dad letters. It was then that I learned that your father and my Dad had an agreement back when you were still a child, Sulli. I learned they wanted us to get married someday.” Said Siwon. “Unfortunately, I was already in the US when the letter was sent to me. I… couldn’t go back because the US office was in chaos. I can have you read the letter he sent me, Sulli.”

“Even if he did say he wanted us to get married. I don’t think it was right of him to control my life like this. He was never been a part of my life in the first place.” Said Sulli.

“You’ll lose the 55 Million if you don’t follow the will he left.” Said Siwon.

Sulli looked deflated.

55 Million Dollars is like…. WOW. Can she be so stupid as to let that slip away when it’s just within her reach?

“And I’m not such a bad catch either.  I don’t like boasting but, I AM one of the most sought after bachelor in Seoul right now.” Said Siwon.

Sulli looked like she didn’t care.

“Unless of course you’re in love with some level 7 manager that you’d ignore a marriage proposal from the CEO’s son.” Said Siwon.

Sulli stared at Siwon then.

“I can tell by how you looked at him Sulli. When I saw you two in an intimate hug, it wasn’t hard to tell. One of you has feelings for the other.” Said Siwon. “And I can guess that it’s you. You can act like you don’t but your eyes tells me otherwise. Your eyes don’t lie, Princess.”

“That man…” said Sulli. “Has saved me a lot of times in the past. He was like a superman who came to my rescue a couple of times. When I thought it was the end of me, he was always there. He was the first man who have ever made me feel hope that life can still be better for me. He made me feel like I still have a fighting chance.”

“So you’re thankful.” Said Siwon.

Sulli nodded.

“I am grateful to him.” Said Sulli. “for everything.”

Siwon sighed.

“I am sorry I was late in coming back. I should be the one doing all those things he did for you. Don’t worry. I’ll handle everything. I’ll help to get him promoted to the next level as soon as possible. And if that’s still not enough payment, I will make sure he gets recognized in the company for his current project.” Said Siwon.

Sulli’s eyes narrowed.

“Nothing can ever pay what he did to me.” Said Sulli. “In the future, yes I can pay the money I owe him. But what he did to help me is not just the money, it was more than that. You can’t just pay him with any amount… no amount can ever equate to what he did for me.”

Siwon shook his head.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about Sulli.” Said Siwon. “You… became too close to him while I was gone. That’s not good. For our engagement to work, You would have to forget him. But while you owe him something, you’d want to pay him. That doesn’t break your ties with him. Therefore, I will pay whatever you owe him. And then stick only with me. ”

“I can’t trust you.” Said Sulli. “I have trusted too many people and it didn’t work well.”

“So why did you trust Minho Choi?” asked Siwon.

Sulli closed her eyes remembering the time Minho followed her to the top floor of his residential building. He followed her there because he knew she’d not find anything there. He could’ve just not care and let her be. But he didn’t. He showed up in the elevator and came for her.

“Because he helped me when I wasn’t asking.” Said Sulli. “Because when he knew I’d be in trouble, he did not turn his back on me though I was just a stranger. He earned my trust from the beginning.”

Sulli stood up.

“You are now here in front of me willing to help me. But it’s because you know me. You think it’s your obligation as my Fiance.  But if I were just any girl out there, would you even listen to what I have to say if you just met me?” asked Sulli.

“You’re putting that man unto a high pedestal, Sulli.” Said Siwon.  “No matter how outstandingly kind that man is, he has somebody else. You can’t have him. That is why, you have to move on from him. Get someone else too. I’m willing to be used, Sulli.”

Sulli walked towards the door.

“I just learned of my father’s death. I am not ready to get married.” Said Sulli. “This house is beautiful but I will not accept this. Thank you anyway.”

Sulli went out of the house.

Siwon closed his eyes. His pet is trying to be difficult.

---------------

10:30PM, Gangnam

 

Sulli reached the top floor of the building. It still feels creepy but… she’ll get used to it soon.  Sulli sat beside her large bag.

Why did she refuse the house? In that house, she will have a bed and the fridge is full of food.

Here… it was dark. There’s no food and she only sleeps on the cold floor.

Sulli dialled a number.

“Hello…Mom?”

“Sulli…” answered Sulli’s Mom.

“I… learned something about Dad today.” Said Sulli.

Sulli’s Mom did not answer for a while.

“I learned he’s rich. You should’ve told me he was rich… things would have been a bit different if we had money.” Said Sulli.

“Sulli… I’m sorry if I did not tell you a lot of things about him.” Said Sulli’s Mom.

Sulli held her breath. Her chest is too fill up with too much emotion.

“Mom, did you know…that he’s gone?” said Sulli.

“I…learned about it four years ago.” Said Sulli’s Mom.

“Why did you not tell me?” asked Sulli.

“Because I don’t want to see you broken hearted. I know you’re angry at him but I know deep inside your heart you’re still hoping to see him. I don’t want you to be devastated.” Said Sulli’s Mom.

“I’m devastated right now, Mom.” Said Sulli.

“Yes…I know. But you’re stronger now. After everything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter