➮ First;

Alektro┊➮ YG's one and only co-ed group ┊Story Starting
Notice 
02 / 21 / 14

Big, red and black, letters captured Bigbang members, Seungri and Daesung's eyes as the first entered the YG building. "Oh, what this." Seungri had noticed it first, Daesung followed him as he walked towards the lone white paper that had eye-catching colors, taped to the wall. 

NOTICE
- Lee Sanghyun 
- Ahn Haejung
- Bang Chaeyi 
- Ahn Jinsoo
-
 Damian Jung
- Rhee Jun Mina (Vijaya Shanta)

The following trainees mentioned above must report to Yang Hyun Suk's office by 5:00 PM 
Tardiness will not be tolerated. Thank you for your cooperation.
Good day. 

"Wah, are they in trouble?" Daesung wondered aloud as he turned to Seungri. "Yang Hyun Suk-nim doesn't normally do this kinds of things, huh?"

Seungri crosses his arms against his chest, reading the notice again for the second time. "Yeah, that's right." he says, agreeing. "They could be in trouble considering Ahn Haejung's name is on the list."

"Yeah, but look," Daesung points his finger to the rest of the names. "The others are like angels, especially Jinsoo-"

"Hello, sunbaes." someone greets from behind them. 

They turned around at the sound of the voice, and Daesung breaks into a grin. "Oho, Haejung-ah. Do you see this?"

The girl, Haejung, stands back up after she bowed ninety-degrees towards them. Her eyes follow where Daesung's fingers were pointing and it doubled in size. "Oh." she muttered, taking a step forward to take a closer look. She read quietly, with her eyes only as was still wide open. "I.. didn't see this until this afternoon." 

"Are you in perhaps in trouble? Did you play a prank again Haejung?"

She shakes her head. "No way, sunbaes. I've kind of learned my lesson. I've pulled some pranks over the past few months but nothing too serious." as if she still couldn't see the notice clearly, she narrows her eyes on it and leans her head towards it. "I can't be in trouble, Damian and Sanghyun's names are there." 

"That's what we though too. The rest are like angels compared to you."

At that, Haejung grunts and narrows her eyes at them instead. "I'll get going now. I still have practice." she bows once again to the two before running off to her afternoon practice. Seungri and Daesung both head off themselves. 

- >< -

Chaeyi had seen the notice just like the rest of the people in the building. Artists, staffs, trainees alike. She had her hands behind her as she red the notice that was taped to the wall just a few feet from the elevators. She literally had a mini heart attack when she saw her name on there. "Oh my gosh." she first muttered when she saw it. 

"Are we in trouble?" 

Chaeyi jumps at the sound of the voice. She turns around and finds Lee Sanghyun, a fellow trainee whose name happened to be in the list as well. "Hey, Chae." he greets her, with a smile, before stepping forward to get a better look at the notice. 

"Hi. I hope we're not in trouble," she turns to look at the notice again, pondering on the possibilities of being called by the CEO of the company himself. A possible debut is out of the question, since the names were both males and females. 

"Ahhh~" Sanghyun's eyes are on one name that made his heart sink a little bit. "Why is Ahn Haejung's name there? We're doomed." 

"She's not that bad. She's been awfully good these past months, actually." Chaeyi says. "Plus, Jinsoo's on it too. He's as innocent as a baby." 

"Could it be-"he turns to her, smiling a little by showing his teeth. "We're debuting?"

Chaeyi didn't even have her hopes up for that. She only rolls her eyes while shaking her head at him. "No way. That would be a co-ed group right? I don't think Yang-nim would debut that kind of group."

"You'd never know." he says, shrugging. Sanghyun glances down at his watch. "Oh, I have to go. Rapping lessons with Choice37. See you-"

"Wait, I'll go with you. I have vocal lessons too." 

Chaeyi didn't know if it was the fact that the both of them had idol siblings or because they shared the same interests, because whatever the reason is, the two of them seem to hit it off and click right away. They had been friends for a long time, two years probably ever since they were under the same dance instructor. 

Although the idea of debuting in a group with someone as talented and as hardworking as Sanghyun seemed nice to Chaeyi, but the odds of it happening were just too low. At least, for her. 

- >< -

Nerve-wrecking and atom-combusting, those were the words Damian could use at that moment. Sitting there, on a chair in between other trainees that share the same dream as him, would've been okay if it wasn't for the fact that they were sitting inside Yang Hyun Suk's office. It made sitting all the more nerve-wrecking than it should've been. 

He had thought of all the possibilities and reasons as to why he must've been called with the others. He immediately thought they were in trouble, because why else would Mr. Yang call for them? It surely wasn't to announce their debut, right? Because there were females called in too. He also had an idea of them exchanging companies, like maybe he'll send them to JYP or something. 

So far, those were the only guesses Damian has pondered onto.

The door opens and all of them, except for Damian, turn to look back. He was too paralyzed in his seat to even turn around. And besides, he knew already that it would be Yang Hyun Suk.

So, instead, he only stands up and bows at the main man himself when he appears in front of him, dressed in casual clothes and having that hard expression on his face. "I guess you're wondering why I've called you." he says, getting right to the point.

Beside Damian was one of the youngest trainees in YG, Ahn Jinsoo, who was also quiet popular because of his brother, shifts uncomfortably in his seat and slowly, he raises his hand. 

Mr. Yang nods his way. "Yes, Jinsoo?"

"Are-are we in trouble, Yang-nim?" he asks the question all of them had wanted an answer to so badly and Damian had to admit that kid has some courage because even he couldn't take directly to Mr. Yang. Everybody immediately turned to the CEO, all wanting to hear what he'd say about that.

To their surprise and pleasure, he shakes his head and Damian swears he could hear all of them breathe out a sigh of relief. But that feeling quickly goes away as confusion takes over them. If it wasn't that, then what was the reason they were called for? 

"You six are not in trouble. But you are here for something else." he says, as once again, the room is as silent as night and all Damian could hear was his own heartbeat and Mr. Yang's words. "Coincidentally, you six don't have a group do you? Not like Hanbin's team, or Seungyoon's, or Jennie's. So, I think it was... fate, that the board members and I chose you six."

His words make them all even more confused, but he takes his time, looking into everyone's eyes. Damian felt himself squirm when he made eye contact with him. "Out of the potential trainees that I've carefully watched and observed these past months, you six are the chosen. You are the ones who'll be part of my project. A co-ed group." 

A gasp escapes someone's lips, Damian's eyes widen, someone from his other side, Ahn Haejung, has her hands on . "A-a co-ed group, Yang-nim?" asks Lee Sanghyun. 

The man actually chuckles, and it's the first time he had ever heard him do so. A small, faint smile was on his lips when he nodded. "Yes, Sam. A co-ed group, my new project and YG's new group." he tells them rather happily. "Fans want something new, something fresh in the Kpop scene. So, how about a co-ed group, I say? It took me a few months of persuading the board members and shareholders into doing it, but I succeeded as you can see." 

"So, Yang-nim," it was that Indian trainee, Mina, who spoke up and leaned forward to voice out her thoughts to the CEO. "All six of us would be under a co-ed group?"

"Yes, I think I made it clear, Mina."

"And... when will we be debuting, Yang-nim?" 

"Hmmm," Mr. Yang leans back on his seat, thinking about it quietly to himself. "Well, all of you are chosen because you can also adapt to your environments pretty quickly, and all of you have talent. You've all trained for so long already, especially you Haejung, so your debut date might be early. Probably... two or three months from now?" 

A chorus of "Really?" went around and Damian widens his eyes again. He was going to debut, not in a boy group like he imagined, but in a co-ed group with these other trainees, and it's going to happen in a few months time. He felt like his dreams were finally coming true after four years of hardwork. 

"I've prepared beforehand, ever since last November of last year. The songs, the stages, the arrangements and everything. Just not the members. That was very hard for me to do. But seeing as how you were the six that progressed the most and adapted the easiest, it made me think that you'll do fine in the idol world. Especially most of you have idol siblings, yes?" his eyes are on Damian and Sanghyun.

Sanghyun nods, and Damian was too shocked to even move his fingers. He still couldn't process it in.

"So, your debut might be earlier than you think. We'll have a meeting about it with the board tomorrow, and all of you must come. 5 PM sharp, don't be late. And after that, when the board gives you the approval, then we can start practicing on your songs and recording them. For your album, I had GD, Lydia Peak, CL and Mithra working on it. So, don't worry about it being bad, okay? I'm sure it would suit your taste."

Damian felt his jaw open. He had never seen Mr. Yang so considerate like this, maybe because he wasn't as close to him like some of the other trainees. 

"So, no questions?" Nobody raised their hands, and it made Yang Hyun Suk nod with satisfaction. "Alright, continue practicing and see you all tomorrow at 5. You're dismissed."

Damian walked out of the office with the biggest smile on his face.  


alright, guys. first chapter. sorry if it's a little short. I'll surely make it longer next time. By the way, take note that winner does not exist in this applyfic. So there was no "Who Is Next" or "WIN". There's only Seungyoon's team and Hanbin's team, okay? Okay.  anyways, thank you all SO much for those who applied! All your characters were great! And thank you also for the support. There'll be a timeskip in the next chapter. Hope you guys stay tuned for more!