PROLOGUE: A LETTER UNREAD

The Story of the Three of Us

How surreal is the feeling of being close to something that you've really wanted for so long. That sense of achievement even if you haven't really won the prize yet. You were so close, but you know deep inside yourself that you wouldn't be able to claim the prize; for no matter how hard you try, someone has already won even if the fight is still on. During that time, as I watched you wave to me, I can only smile. But even if I smiled, I know that the emotions that I'm feeling inside would still reflect. As you turned your back and walked away, I held this letter that I did not dare to give you during that time. I wondered then if I will be able to give this to you later on? But I know that I did not have the chance. I know that I could only keep this letter and read it to myself. 


Byun Baekhyun,

It will be a little uncalled for me to write this type of letter to you, but please let me do it even just for this time. I know I already told you that I idolize you since our Elementary school days, and that hasn't changed until now. Although I don't want to narrate the whole story here, I really worked hard in order for me just to be close to you. To me, you're like a star from a far away galaxy and I am just the mere human who can only look at you from far away as you shine brightly. As I look at you right now, with your peaceful face as you sleep; I can't actually believe that you are here right now, just sleeping beside me. I am writing this letter in order for me to tell you how I really feel about you.

Please don't try to hide it from me anymore, I know what happened between you and your best friend Park Chanyeol. I can already tell it from the clothes that you're wearing and your disoriented state when I encountered you in the middle of the road this night. Byun Baekhyun, I know you're a good person but I still want to beg. Please forgive me when you find out about the following information that I will tell you. I am sorry, very, very sorry for I took advantage of the situation. But if you were in my position, what would you do? And I think you also owe me an apology for making me do this to you. 

Before I tell the whole details, I want to ask you why? Why did you do that to me? I don't know the answer right now but I probably would know after you read this letter. Byun Baekhyun, why did you suddenly talk about considering me as your lover? Were you just playing with my feelings or you hit yourself pretty hard? Why did you suddenly talk about appreciating my help for always being with you, for being a nice guy to you? But you know that I will always be of a help to you right? I cannot waste every opportunity to do that.  And  also, why did you touch my face and tell me how handsome I am? Why Byun Baekhyun? You know how much those acts can do to my feelings right? Now I want to say sorry for I took advantage of that situation. As I put you down on my bed, you pulled me and I immediately kissed you. Yes, I'm sorry. I kissed you without permission Byun Baekhyun. I know I should have stopped right away but I couldn't help it; I wasn't able to defeat my demons. Instead, I took the pleasure of kissing you while you were basically unarmed. And then, the unexpected thing happened; I was surprised when you returned it and did not get angry. 

I want to ask again Byun Baekhyun, why? Why did you return the kiss? Why did you accept the invitation that I made? Please forgive me, I wouldn't tell in full details of what happened to us. But I know you'll be asking me by the time you wake up why are we wearing robes. I know you're a smart person. I know you will get a gist of it. I'm sorry again. But do not worry, I still respected you in a way. Please do not think badly of me and yourself when you've come to realize what we really did. 

By the time we were done and you immediately went to sleep, I started to ask myself what will become the two of us by the time you wake up? Will we be lovers or will we stay as friends? Will I be able to pick the start that I've been watching at the sky or will I continue to just watch it? As I continue to write this letter, I know that you will probably forget most of the things that happened this night. I am partially a smart person as well Byun Baekhyun, I know that you will not have any memories of this night; not until I tell you. And I also know that when you wake up, you will choose your best friend Park Chanyeol over me. Over me who did nothing in the end but to take advantage of your weakness. 

Honestly, I can picture the two of you being happy together. I've been watching you guys since we were kids right? You two (maybe) seem to be really meant for each other. It's like you really compliment each other. And of course, who am I to break the destiny that is before you guys? But remember this well Byun Baekhyun. I will do everything to save you if I find out later on that you've been unhappy with him. For I don't think you deserve even  a little amount of sadness due to all the struggles you've been with just to be with him. Please remember, I will come and save you in any way possible.

I am now ending this letter. I want to say sorry again for kissing your forehead now. Please allow me to savor even just this moment. And even if I really know that you will choose Park Chanyeol. I want to say, Byun Baekhyun, can we please start dating? Can we please be lovers? 



The person who has loved you from the day I saw you,

Kim Jongdae



As you disappeared from my sight, I wondered back then; If I can't give you this letter today, will I be able to gather the courage and strength to give it to you in the future? I know that I wasn't as strong back then, but this time I'm determined. Now I'm asking where are you? I'm now wondering how will you react if you will be able to read this letter. Because right now, I think it's the time for me to give this letter. This letter that I wrote before you met Park Chanyeol. This letter that I've always wanted to give you, Byun Baekhyun.



-TO BE CONTINUED



[NOTE] If you're wondering, please refer to the part wherein Baekhyun was at Chen's house on Part 5: Sunrise of the The Days of Our Friendship. So guys, this is it! The sequel! Please bear with me I will REALLY try to work on the story as fast as possible! For now, I'm telling you that everything's going to be different. >:D That's it! Please don't forget to comment and subscribe ^o^