Fin

Man from the Galaxy

Everything seems to be a dream, so unreal, yet the touch of his fingers still lingers over my skin.

It was my last term in my last year when I met the man that I didn’t know could give me something that I never thought I could ever have or never thought that I could ever feel.

 

_____

 

“Hey,” someone grabs me on my shoulder. I turned and saw those pair of deep brown eyes that seems to tell more in just one glance.

“Yes?” I tried to hide my surprise and keep a straight face. Just be normal, I told myself. Even if my heart was rapidly beating from my rib cage, I tried to be as calm as I could.

His smile was like that of a sculpture that you usually see in the galleries.

“My name is Kris. I’m in one of your class if you could remember.”

I don’t think I remember him, though his name seems to ring a bell. My face seems to show confusion as he chuckles softly with his big hands covering his mouth.

“I’m sorry. I must’ve surprised you by talking to you directly. But I don’t mean to be rude and all.” He starts scratching the back of his neck and a blush tinted on the apple of his cheeks. “I just want to be… friends.” That last word seemed to have released all of the nervousness that’s been kept up in his chest.

I just started at him at the moment, unsure of what answer I should give him.

“Oh, uhm, I guess I pretty much surprised you huh. But really, I don’t mean any harm.” He was now holding his hands up. Cute.

“…Sure.” The word seemed to just slipped out of my mouth and I don’t think I can take it back anymore.

Kris’ face changes from being nervous to a shy smile. I can’t help but smile along with him.

_____

“You’re crazy!” my voice seemed to have gotten a bit loud which makes some of the people at the coffee shop we’re in to stare at our table. I clasp a hand over my mouth and sit back.

Kris was in front of me, grinning. He looks perfect as the lights covered up half of his face and his eyes shimmers under them. “I guess you don’t really believe me?”

“Ha! Who would believe in that? You came from somewhere in the galaxy? If you have said Mars then I’ll definitely send you to an institution. You crazy, chinese guy.”

Kris telling me suddenly that he came from the galaxy was really funny, or rather weird as he said it with a straight-face at first but then he grinned and makes me flustered as I almost believe him. Almost.

I leaned over the table, my face a few inches from mine, “if you could say that you’re from the galaxy, then maybe I should tell you that I’m heaven-sent.” And I gave him a wink as my final blow. I definitely thought he would burst out laughing at my joke, but instead, he also leaned in, his hands slowly reached my hair and runs it through his fingers and as it almost reach the tip, he brought it close to his nose. He then looks at me with his sharp, brown eyes and gave me that heart-warming smile that had me caught up in the moment. Everything seems to be still, like time stopped for both of us and only our own heartbeat can be heard.

Under the cold autumn breeze, never would I think that I could fall in love.
_____

The snow was piling up on my windowsill as I look outside my apartment. It was winter break and I haven’t seen Kris for a week now. I don’t usually feel that lonely, but this time seems to be different. I guess being with Kris had always been different.

I was sipping my coffee when someone knocks on my door. I placed my cup down and got up on my feet. I open the door and when I look up, there was an unexpected visitor. His usual sharp, brown eyes staring at me along with that lopsided smile of his. But something seems to be different with him today.

“Oh, hey Kris. What brings you here? And how did you know my place?”

“Can I come in?” he asked, not answering my questions.

“Uh, yeah sure.” I stepped back, letting him in but instead he caught me in surprise as he held onto my face with both of his hands and crashes our lips together. My eyes widened at his action but when I felt his hands shaking, I held them in mine making him flinch a bit.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he pulled back, but his hands were still where it was.

I shook my head, “It’s okay.” And smiled at him.

Surprise can be seen for a second but then his face softens as he leans in and kissed me for the second time. But this time it was gentle. Like a snow landing on your fingertips.

His hands slid down behind me as he carries me up, making me lock my legs on his hips involuntarily. The kiss still goes on uninterrupted. As the heat of the moment comes in, our tongue fights for dominance. His steps never falter and then I realized that we were at my bedroom. He placed me down gently, breaking the kiss, our foreheads touched as we catch our breath and smiled. He stood up to take his shirt off; his hands took mine and placed it above his chest. I could feel his heart quickly beating, as if wanting to be released from the cage. His hands clasp the hem of the shirt that I’m wearing and slowly he took it off and tosses it along to where his shirt is. Wherever his fingertips touches along my skin, it seems to leave a trail of warmth. His hands settled at my sides, holding my curves as he leans to my stomach and trace warm kisses from the waist band of my pants, to my diaphragm, until he reaches my chest to my neck and kisses my lips again…

He kisses me again and again until I fell asleep.

 

But inside my heart I feel something hurts, something was wrong. Still, it was me who wanted to believe that everything is alright.

_____

I could feel the heat of the sun over my face. I turned and cover myself in my comforter and my hand travels underneath, trying to search for that warmth that was given to me last night. But all I could find was that empty space on my bed. I quickly stood up, making me a bit dizzy as I lean my head on my knees. When I’m all settled I looked up and saw nothing. Even his pile of clothes on the floor was gone. Something inside me broke and I clutch on the covers and started crying silently in the empty room which was once shared by two.

 

When I dressed up and walk to the kitchen, a mug was on the counter with a cold coffee and a letter underneath.

“Remember when I told you I’m from the Galaxy, I wasn’t lying. I’m sorry that the time that I get to spend with you were until yesterday. I wanted to make more memories with you. More than anything in the world, no, more than anything in the universe, I wanted to be with you. I know that at this moment I’m making you cry,

I’m sorry

 I’m sorry…

I’m sorry…”

 

_____

 

When everything seems to stop at that coffee shop, Kris opens his mouth and said, “You must be an angel then.” He lets go of my hair and sat back, “Can I make a wish, angel?”

Him calling me an angel was to tease me, and I just ride along. “Okay, what is your wish then?”

“Never cry for me.”

“Huh?”

“Angels aren’t meant to cry.”