The Male Lead Appears

Dream Girl

The big day came and the 10 of us is already in the atrium. 

One guy came to us and directed us into a small meeting room.

We were being briefed of today's script and there is 3 parts of roles to be acted out. 

One surprise they came out with is that they brought along the male lead! Everyone of us almost jumped because they insisted not to tell us who this guy is unless it is our turn. 

This is like wow, even I'm not chosen, I got the chance to act with a famous and handsome guy. Doesn't lose even if I did not win this. But of course I wanna win it, so that I can get more screen time with the handsome guy. I thought to myself.

One by one get called in, and I was the last one waiting in the meeting room. Those who went in will not come into this room again so there is no chance to talk to them.

"Kat Lee, it's your turn", one coordinator called out to me.

I followed behind him and enters the "exam" room.

This time round there were more judges. I looked around and there was a guy standing there, talking to one of the familiar judge.

That judge saw me and motioned me to go to his side. I stood behind, slight towards the left of the mysterious guy. He turned around to greet me and to my shock it was........

"BANG MINSOO!!???". I was about to scream but I covered my mouth with both hands.

"Did I scare you? You look scared. I'm Teen Top C.A.P, nice to meet you". Minsoo greeted. He knows I'm not local so he tried to speak in English, thought not very perfect but cute.

"I...m okay. I didn't know you are the male lead. You are my idol. I'm nervous.", I tried to calm myself and talk to him nicely and simpler English.

"Hahahaha, I should have filmed you two. Interesting faces going on even before acting out the script." The judge joked.

"Fighting!", Minsoo said to me while patting on my shoulder and left to his designed position.

I was briefed by the coordinator about how it will goes so I will follow accordingly.

"3, 2, 1! START!"

Minsoo came running towards me. I turned, and ran towards him too. I looked at him, but he kept his head down. (According to the script I should act like I am waiting for him to say something). I let out a frustrated face, let loud a silent sigh and looked away. He looked up, but still remained in silent. I looked back into his eyes. (I am going crazy just like that, but I control my inner beast. I can feel my face getting hot). I turned and get on a car leaving Minsoo. I let out a sad and disappointed face, with a little of tears in my eyes.

"CUT!"

Every one applause for us and that also means the end of the audition.

Minsoo smiled at me and said "See you later" and walks off into the dressing room.

The judge asked me to join the rest in the cafeteria to have a snack before they announce the result.

I joined the rest and they were all talking about Minsoo. They said when they saw Minsoo, their mind went blank, so they didn't actually did a great job just now. Some even worse, forget about the audition and went up to him to ask for autograph and photo taking. They didn't even bother to ask me because I'm the only non Korean there who can't speak their language.

Later, the same coordinator came and brings us to the auditorium.

Minsoo is already there when we reached. The girls already started screaming upon seeing him. I was the only calm one (because still have not recover from the shock). He motioned to me to sit beside him. I think he doesn't want other crazy girls sit beside him. The judges were on the stage.

The judges started off by thanking us and the crew for making this thing work. After which, they started to play the recording of every contestants. They will play one and comment one. 

I looked at the recording it was really funny because all the girls instead of filming, they ended up fangirling. I couldn't control myself so I let out a small chuckle, which Minsoo noticed and he smiled at me again (I swear his eye smile is damm irresistible).

Finally they showed my film and gave me a good comment about my acting. They were impressed that I am able to control my fangirl mode and focus on my acting. I blushed immediately and I slightly turned to look at Minsoo. 

After all the commenting, all the staffs are involved to book for their favorite contestants. Judges's vote stands 50%, staffs' vote stands 20% and Minsoo's vote stands 30%.

15 minutes of votings and another 15 minutes of collating votes.

"Sorry for the wait and finally we have a result to our final contestant. 200 votes and 150 votes were to that one contestant. Isn't she powerful? Are you all curious who is that girl that shines?"

*Drum Rolling*

"This girl is..............

"KAT LEE!"

I stood up, still cannot believe with what I heard. Next time I know was, Minsoo was holding my hand, leading me to the center of the stage. 

Everyone applause so hard for me, I was really touched. The feeling is like I have won the "Miss Universe", maybe better than that because I won the chance to collaborate with my idol.

After which, I was directed to the office to sign my contract with the company. I told them I have a job in my country and have a family there. They told me that they can give me a good job here, with much higher pay, and even fame if I can quit my current job and join them. They reassured me about the security of the job and money. They even offer to pay for the migration of my family to Seoul. 

They said they will give me time to think about it, but for now I need to sign this contract for the filming of the music video. They told me that they really want me, so they will wait for my answer and will not look for another one unless I reject their offer.

They were very assuring and I can somewhat visualized my future career with them. But of course I cannot just dump my job and family without informing them.

I thanked them for the offer and thank them for having me. They said they will call me again for the confirmation of the filming date.

I left the office and I saw Minsoo waiting outside, alone. 

"Hey Minsoo." I called out shyly.

"Hey, what's up. Congrats. I'm happy that I can film with you again." He replied.

"Thank you. I'm happy too and thankful for this chance. Did you vote for me oppa?" I walked towards him.

"Oppa? Hahaha yes I vote for you because you are good, and also because you are my fan noona.", he chuckled.

This is the first time I see Minsoo talks so much to his fans. I feel special.

"Let's go", he said.

"Where are we going?, I asked.

"You will know later.", he holds my hand again and took me on to his company car.

"Hmm, are you sure we can be together like this? I am a normal girl, your fan girl, isn't it wrong and trouble for you if we are spotted?" I was worried.

"You are going to be a trainee, not a normal girl anymore. Plus it's a honor to have a trainee who is my fangirl." He joked.

"I have not accepted the offer. I have a job and my family is still there. It is not easy.", I continued.

"If you are happy with your job then you stay, if you are not then come and try a new career. If your family cannot come, you can always go back and visit them." Minsoo suggested.

What a wise words from this sleepy leader. I'm was impressed. 

"If I work here, will you be my friend and take care of me?", I asked.

"Aren't we friends now? Of course I will take care of you and I will bring more friends to you. But promise that you will not give out any info and act like you are a real star." He replied.

"I promised. I will talk to my mom about this, quit my job and come here for a better future." I decided.

"Ok, give me your phone, I will give you my personal number, you can call me, message me, any time, any where.", he reached out his hand for my phone.

"Ok, I will call you when you are sleeping." I joked while I handed him my phone.

That day, he took me out for dinner, and send me back to my hotel.

"Thank you for today, it is like a dream." I messaged Minsoo.

"It must be a sweet dream, I have a good dream too. Good night, see you in dreams :)" he replied.

"See you in dreams, good night ^^"