The Audition

Dream Girl

In this kpop sea, there are many oppas out there. Many girls fell deep into this sea and never came back alive. Not many girls could win this tug-o-war battle. No one can came out alive or won this battle with just one oppa to your heart. For those who did, all I can say is that your heart is strong, for those who can't, your heart is big. Just drown in this sea of love *laughs*

To be very honest, I had never thought I would jump into that sea. Because it is a sea of no return. I don't really fancy kpop or k-dramas, I only listen to English and Animation. I was a geek. I have a sister who is already drown, trying to pull me down, but I took a float with me. 

So I took the float with me and I watched the kpop performance with her. Of course I don't know anyone of them, everyone looks the same, but the dance was really amazing, the songs too.

My sister would always ask "Who you like in that group" whenever a group performs and my typical answer is "None". 

Came this group, with 6 members all dressed in black started with a very catchy song. Started to caught my attention so I really looked at each of them really closely. The guys were cute looking, with one guy with one funny curly afro and one guy with really cool hairstyle, wearing shades, looking cool and a little mysterious. 

I kept my eyes on him and waited for his turn. He was rapping so I guessed he is the rapper of the group. There's 2 rappers in the group. 

This group was Teen Top.

After the show, I went on YouTube to search for the song and that rapper. 

It's C.A.P.

I gained interest in him so I watched all Teen Top's videos and listened to all their songs.

I joined the fandom late, but I ended up in the deep sea but won the battle of having one oppa in my heart.

I wanted to see him live so I worked really hard so I can save money for Korea Trip. For the one year, I work 2 jobs, eat less to save and even buy lesser things.

Hard work paid off and off I go to Korea~

I took a month off to roam Korea well and same time visit my oppa.

That month, Teen Top doesn't really have much of own events. Since I have so much time, I went around roaming the kpop companies, trying my luck to bump into either of them.

I came across one company having an audition for being the female lead for a MV of one of their artist's new song.

It says that they wanna try some thing new, and at the same time scouting for new artist for the company.

Criteria for entry is not very strict. They allow foreigners to join. One thing is must look like a Korean. 

Lucky I came today because today was the last day for application. 

I went in to the reception and ask whether I can still join in or not.

The staff handed me the script, asked me to read, if I can act out the female role like how it scripted then I will be in the selection list. The selection list will compet with each other and the winner will be given the role.

The story is like a typical break up story in those k-drama. Thought I didn't really watch k-drama, I wanna give it a try. No harm trying also.

I went in to the audition room and there were 5 panel of judges. 2 women and 3 men. I don't know who are they, they may be the big shot of the company or even the male artist of that new song.

It's good not knowing any of them so I can be calm.

I greeted and introduced myself in Korean but the rest of my speech I spoke in English. They looked happy when I tried to speak their language.

"I supposed you have already read the script. Imagine you are the girl, who are going to be breaking up with her first love. Try to illustrate that feeling and act it out. He will be the 'boyfriend'", one of the judge who spoke really good English.

"I understand. I will act out according to the English script.", after which I turned to my 'boyfriend'.

This is like a test of facial expression so we both didn't talk but just exchanges glances and expressions.

It took about 10 minutes and the judge called it a stop. 

They were quite satisfied with my acting and tell me to wait for their call within one week. I bowed and thank them and left for shopping.

I received their call within 3 days. I got picked into the top 10 list and I will have to compete with them in another one week's time.

I was really excited that I really did it. Though it doesn't mean I will be the winner but at least I have try it! They said they will announced the male lead next week. I can't wait for it!

For the past few days I been drowning myself with k-dramas and romantic music videos, hoping those can sharpen my skills in the finals. I also extend my leave in case I really got pick and things will be drag way too long.