Regrets

Regrets

I told him not to smoke.

I told him not to get drunk.

i told him not to play with those .

But does he listen? No. 

He always comes home drunk, with the smell of smoke mixing with a girls perfume. A lipstick mark was on his collar and his face. I confronted him once. We fought. I threw stuff at him, he yelled at me to stop. I slept at the couch that night. I woke up to the feeling of someone caressing my hair. I opened my eyes and found him gently rubbing my hair. He looked at me pleadingly, his eyes bloodshot red.

"I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" Seunghyun asked, rubbing my cheeks.

"I'm tired of this Seunghyun. I'm tired of fighting over and over about the same thing." I said, sitting up.

"I know, it won't happen again. I promise." He said, pulling me into a hug. 

"Really?" I asked, pulling him closer.

"Yes, really." He said, kissing my forehead.

We never had anymore arguments after that. We were a happy couple. But that didn't last for long.

I was on my way back home when I saw Seunghyun's car parked in front of a club. I was furious! I quickly parked my car and got out, not even bothering to put on my jacket to cover my body. I was just wearing a white crop top and black leggings.

I went inside, ignoring the stares people were giving me. I could feel one guy undressing me with his eyes but I ignored him. 

I found Seunghyun in a table, two girls on each side, a glass of vodka in his right hand and a cigarette in his left.

"S-Seunghyun?" I stuttered.

He looked up and said drowsily,"Oh, Chaerin. What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at home reading books or something?"

That earned a few giggles from the girls, and with every word he said a piece of my heart broke of.

"What are YOU doing here? You promised me Seunghyun, you promised." I said, my voice cracking.

"I can do whatever I want and it doesn't concerns you. Who are you my girlfriend?" He asked annoyedly, standing up.

Those words sliced through my heart like a knife, and I was bleeding on the inside.

"I was your girlfriend. Not anymore. You will regret this day Seunghyun, mark my words." I said as I took of the ring he gave me on our anniversary and threw it at him. 

My tears were already at the brink of falling. I looked at him once more and stormed out. I could sense he just realized what he said and her ran after me and grabbed my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I yelled, "We're over Seunghyun! I regret to ever fall in love with you!" I yelled again. I yanked my arm out of his grip harshly and ran to my car.

"Chaerin!" He shouted, running to his own car. 

I sped off and when I was sure I lost him, I lost control over my body. I leaned on the steering wheel and cried, harder than I ever had before.

Suddenly, I heard a crashing sound in front of me. I felt my car being thrown sideways. I felt my whole body hurting, my vision was starting to get blurry then in a second all I could see was black.

~•~•

I saw her body laying lifeless on the ground, her raven hair covering half her face. I ran to her as quickly as I could and kneeled beside her.

"Chae! Chaerin! I'm sorry! Please don't leave me! Hold on okay?!" I sobbed, wiping the blood that was trickling down at the corner of .

Her white crop top was soaked with blood and her head was bleeding. 

"S-Seunghyun?" She croaked, opening her eyes a bit.

"Yes! It's me! Are you okay? I'm so so sorry!" I sobbed while hugging her.

"I'm sorry to. I don't regret to ever fall in love with you. I love you. I'm sorry." She said, her eyes closing and her hand that was about to touch my face fell down.

"No! Please don't! Don't leave me Chae! I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry." I cried, hugging her lifeless body. 

"I love you. To the moon and back. I will never forget you. And I have no regrets."I whispered softly to her, tears still streaming down.

"I love you. Goodbye." A soft voice whispered on my ears and I cried louder, hugging her cold body. 

~•~•

The night sky grumbled and little droplets started to fall, as if it felt pitiness towards the couple. The rain washed out the blood on his and her face. Leaving her face pale, emotionless, and liveless, while his face was flushed, red, and streaked with tears. 

He regrets ever saying those words to her. He regrets for neglecting her and ignoring her. He regrets not spending more time togethers. He regrets not proposing to her sooner. Her regrets for making her disappointed. He regrets for not taking care of her. But what does those regrets mean now when it's all too late?