No Laughing Matter

Flesh Of Another

"How much longer are we going to wait, Minho? My is falling asleep sitting on these cheap, plastic chairs."

When he didn't get an answer, Key looked over at his friend who, judging by the dreamy look in his big, dumb eyes, was worlds away. Minho's tongue wet his bottom lip and let out a heavy sigh.

Rolling his eyes, Key leaned over and waved his hand in front of his buddy's face. "Hello? Earth to Minho!"

Snapping out of his trance, the taller man straightened his back quickly. "Sorry. What?"

"Stop fantasizing about your fiance and talk to me. And speaking on Taeyeon, where the hell is she." he looked down at his watch. "She is almost an hour late."

It was Minho's turn to roll his eyes. "I wasn't fantasizing about Taeyeon, and she will be here soon. Just be patient. She will be here any minute."

"How do you put up with it. She is obviously not into you. Why are you even marrying her? You have nothing in common and ... what do you mean you weren't fantasizing about her? That was a "I'm-Thinking-About-" face if I ever saw one."

A pink flush crept across Minho's cheeks and he snatched his glass of water off of the table, downing it in one shot.

Key's eyes narrowed and his lips quirked into a small smirk. "You bastard. Who is she?"

"I don't know what you are talking about." he said, scratching the tip of his nose.

"Look at me and say that."

"Screw you, Kibum"

"I knew it. You ing boyscout. You can't lie for . That little nose scratch is your tell. You can't bull a bullter." he said matter-of-factly, as he reached for his drink.

Minho busied himself with a non-existent speck of dust on the cuff of his shirt. "It's nothing. I was just thinking about my neighbor."

Key choked on his drink, water shooting out of his nose and mouth and all over his OCD friend.

Jumping out of his chair, Minho screamed and made a mad grab for the napkins. "What the hell!! That's so gross, you !" He cleaned himself off and slapped his friend on his back as he recovered from his massive coughing fit. "What the hell is wrong with you, Key?"

"What the hell is wrong with me?", he asked, wiping the sweat and water from his face. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you fantasizing about your neighbor, Mr. I-Am-Blind-To-Any-Woman-But-Taeyon." He leaned forward and whispered, "Explain yourself, Choi Minho."

"What is there to explain?", he asked with a shoulder shrug, not daring to look his friend in the eye. "By the way, how was your date earlier?"

"Ooohhhhhh, no no no noooooo you don't. No changing the subject." Key scooched his chair closer to Minho then leaned in, closed his eyes and took an exaggerated breath in through his nose. "Mmmmmmm...", he opened his eyes, a sly grin curving his lips. "I smell an opportunity."

Minho put his finger on Key's forehead and pushed him out of his bubble. "What are you talking about? What opportunity?"

"An opportunity for you to get out of Taeyon's clutches. If you are thinking about another woman that means you may be sane yet. Tell me, why are you thinking about your cuddly neighbor?"

"That is just it," he said with a sigh. "She is cuddly and she wants to cuddle with me, but I don't like being touched, but I also promised I would do anything she wanted and ..."

"Wait. She wants to cuddle with you? And you agreed? Mr. Skinship-Is-Bull? Why did you promise that?"

Minho blushed, "Well,... I sort of... fell..."

"O.K., you fell... and?"

"I fell on her."

Key covered his laugh with his hand. "You fell on her? That's it?"

"Well, I..., " Minho tugged on the collar of his shirt. "I fell on her... and... sort of... nuzzled her.. her ."

At this, his so-called, best friend began laughing so hard that he slid out of his chair and onto his knees, blindly slapping at Minho's thighs, who just sighed and took the abuse.

"Seriously, I don't see how this is funny, Key."

"You guys want to let me in on the joke?"

Minho's head snapped around, standing behind him with her arms crossed, her face expressionless, stood Taeyeon.

He stood up quickly, "Oh! Taeyeon! Nothing! You know how Key is!", he said quickly, pulling out the other chair for her.

Pulling himself up by the tables edge, Key sat back in his chair, wiped the tears from his eyes and sighed. "Actually, it is extremely funny.", he said, ignoring his friends death glare. "Minho's neighbor wants to cuddle with him and he said he would!"

Sitting down, she scanned the room for the waitress, "Is that so?"

"Well?", Key asked. "How do you feel about that? Does that make you jealous?"

Her face split into a smile, the one that always made Key think of a shark. "Why should I be jealous? He can go play all he wants..." her smile disappeared. "He knows that he belongs to me."

Key shuddered and looked at Minho in disbelief. "You really want to marry this psychopath? Yah, you better go cuddle with your neighbor so that you can have some memories of what being held by a warm-blooded creature is like." He shook his head in disbelief. "I really don't understand you, my friend."

Minho smiled sheepishly at Taeyeon who ignored him as usual then glared at his friend. Key was right about one thing, he thought, he better go ahead and get his promise over and done with, that way he can stop thinking about how soft Eunsook was and move on with his life.