The Hooker Across The Hall

Flesh Of Another
"That's the third guy today!" Minho hissed, his face pressed against the door as he watched the man leave the apartment across from his own.
 
"So what? You have a working girl living across the hall from you. How is that a problem?"
 
Minho pushed off from the door and joined his best friend, Key, on the couch.
 
"That's just what I should expect from you." He said, hugging a throw pillow to his chest.
 
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"
 
"I'm just saying; I've seen the girls that you date."
 
"What's wrong work the girls I date?"
 
"First of all," Minho said, holding up one finger. "They all dress like floozies. And second, " He raised another finger, "They give skinship too freely. You should only give skinship to someone that you truly care about." 
 
Key scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You know nothing Choi Minho." He held up three fingers. "Fiiiiirst of all," he said, pushing down his pinky finger. "The women I date are fashionable, not floozies. But, I don't expect you to get it Mr. Everything-I-Own-Is-From-A-Land's-End-Cataloge. And second," he pushed down his ring finger. "In my opinion, there is nothing better than skinship. Just because you're OCD and can't stand to be touched, doesn't mean others have the same feeling on the matter."
 
Minho scoffed. "It's not that I don't like to be touched; I just don't see the need. So what is your third point?"
 
"What this?" He asked, wiggling his middle finger at him. "That one is just to say ' You for talking trash about my girlfriends. You don't see me talking about your girl, do you?"
 
"What's wrong with Taeyeon?" Minho asked, his brow creasing in confusion?
 
Key side eyed him and shook his head. "I'm not going there. You'll just get all defensive and whiny. I don't have time for that today. I have a date in an hour."
 
"No. Really. Go ahead. What is wrong with my fiance?"
 
With a deep sigh Key decided to lay the cards on the table for his buddy. "OK. There are a few reasons why I don't think Taeyeon is good for you. A: She is scary; when she smiles she looks like a shark that smelled blood in the water.  B: She always keeps you waiting; Think about it. She has always been at least a hour late to meet you, right?  C: She is a Brand Name ; I bet you anything she is neck deep in debt because of that. And last, but not least, D: She doesn't love you."
 
Minho shook his head and started absent mindedly straightening the items on his coffee table, which were by no means out if place to begin with. "You're wrong. On every point. She does love me. I know she does. She accepted my proposal didn't she? And she is not scary! She just doesn't smile a lot. And so what if she likes to wear brand name items? So do you! Plus she has a great job and makes plenty of money to buy whatever she wants."
 
"You forgot the fact that she is always late to meet you."
 
He stopped what he was doing for a moment and thought about it before nodding slightly. "I'll give you that one." He stood up quickly and walked toward the door. "But that doesn't change the fact that we love one another!"
 
"Whatever." Key said as he got up and gathered up his belongings. "I gotta go. I'm meeting this hot lil number for lunch and I don't want to be an and keep her waiting, like someone else I know."
 
Minho was looking out his peephole when he got to the door.
 
"What are you doing now?"
 
"I'm waiting to see when her next john shows up."
 
Key pulled him away from the door. "Why don't you just go and ask her if she is a pro? Maybe she'll give you a neighbor discount and pop your cherry."
 
Minho punched him in the shoulder. "I'm saving myself for the right one, ."
 
"Whatever you say, Captain Blue Balls. I gotta go." 
 
He pushed Key out the door and closed it so he could immediately looked through the peephole. What he saw made him want to find a new best friend right away.
 
Instead of taking left toward the elevators, or a right to the stairwell, Key had instead gone straight across the hall and knocked on his new neighbors door. 
 
"What the is he doing? I'm going to kill him!" he hissed and pushed off from the door, did a quick turn and then pressed his forehead back up against the door so he could see what was happening across the way.
 
Key knew he was watching, because he looked over his shoulder and gave Minho a eating grin before quickly turning back toward the opening door in front of him. Key bowed and talked to the dark haired woman in the doorway. Minho had yet to get a good look at his new neighbor. All he knew was that she had long, black hair, was chubby, and like to eat fried chicken. The last detail he knew because she had it delivered at least 10 times in the last 5 days she has lived there.
 
All of a sudden, Key burst into laughter. Minho pressed his ear against the door trying to hear what they were saying, but it was no use. He looked out again and saw Key point toward his door and say something that made them both laugh again. 
 
Minho wiped away the sheen of sweat that suddenly popped up on his upper lip with the back of his hand. "Damn it, Key! What are you telling her?"
 
As if he heard him, Key walked over to his door and slapped the peephole, making Minho jerk back, then he yelled at the door. 
 
"You owe her an apology, Minho-ya!" then he waved at the woman standing in her doorway and walked towards the elevators.
 
Pushing away from the door, Minho walked back into his living room and swore on everything he owned that he was going to kill Kim Kibum next time he saw him. Then he went back to the door and looked out the peephole again.
 
A soft, round face stared back at him and he promptly fell on his in shock. He sat on the floor and stared up at the peephole, holding his hand to his heart as he tried to calm himself down. A light knock on the door only made his heart beat faster. Minho quietly got up off of the floor and looked out the peephole. 
 
The woman on the other side of the door knocked again and tilted her head, as if trying to listen for sounds from his side of the door. Her features were distorted by the peephole's fisheye effect, but he could make out of her features, he was a little taken aback. She did not look like he expected. Her hair was long and dark with a simple straight fringe that laid just above her wide, single lidded eyes. Her heart shaped face, bare of makeup except for what looked like a light lip gloss on her full lips, was sweet and innocent, not the face of a floozy.
 
Just then, thos lips quirked into a smirk and she pushed her eye up to the peephole. As if stuck, Minho stood there, staring at her eye.
 
"I know you're there." She said, loud enough for him to hear. "Dinner will be ready in ten minutes." 
 
She bent down and pushed something under the door and then walked back to her apartment went inside, leaving Minho confused and a little light headed. 
 
He bent down and picked up the small card she had slipped under his door. It was a business card. He read it three times before he comprehended what it said. 
 
Lee Eunsook
Professional Cuddler
Appointments by referral only
 
He leaned back against the wall and sighed as he pressed the card to his forehead where it stuck. 
 
"I'm a ."