Grave Mistake

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

When the lawyer served Chunji with Jin Kyong’s divorce filing papers and asked him to sign it, he refused to sign it stating that he can’t do it until he sees Jin Kyong and hears it from her own mouth that she really wants the divorce.

 

The lawyer quickly took out his phone and dialed someone. He spoke something in a hushed tone and disconnected the call. A few minutes later, Ho Seok walked inside the house with hurried steps.

 

“Hyung!” he kind of called out to him, half-shouting.

 

“What?” Chunji scoffed.

 

“Why don’t you just sign it already and get it over with?”

 

“I’m not going to sign it. I want to see Jinni first.”

 

“We have decided not to let you see her.”

 

“In that case, I’m not signing those.”

 

Ho Seok let out a huge sigh. “Hyung, why are you like this?” he sounded frustrated. “Anyway, if I let you meet her and talk with her, would you sign the papers then?”

 

Chunji was lost in thoughts for a moment. “If that’s what she wants, then I would do it for her.” His voice broke a little.

 

Ho Seok mumbled something under his breath and walked away to bring Jin Kyong from his home. The lawyer excused himself and went off to the visitor’s room outside as the atmosphere was awkward inside.

 

The moment the room got empty, Chunji fell to the ground and started to cry. His body was trembling and tears slid down his cheeks but no sound escaped his mouth.

 

Sometime later, he heard a car arriving and he quickly wiped away his tears and recomposed himself. A minute later, Jin Kyong slowly walked into the room.

 

She looked so tired and dull and that made him feel guilty about not taking care of her. She stood there awkwardly, staring at her feet while Chunji’s eyes too darted over to her feet and widened in shock.

 

Her feet were swollen and it looked really painful even for his very own eyes. He quickly walked over to her and made her take a seat on the couch while she was taken aback by his actions.

 

They both sat there as an awkward silence engulfed the duo. “How have you been, Jinni?” Chunji initiated the talk somehow.

 

“I’m good Channie.” She replied while he hummed in response. “How are you?” she asked him, a moment later.

 

“I’m good too, Jinni-ah.”

 

Once again the awkward silence engulfed them. And even though both of them said that they are doing well, the other knew that it was just in words. They both avoided looking into each other’s eyes.

 

Jin Kyong was afraid that she would feel guilty about signing the paper after looking at him while he was afraid that he might break into tears which might force Jin Kyong not to leave him out of pity.

 

A minute or two later, Ho Seok walked in. “So have you finished talking to her, hyung? Are you ready to sign it now?”

 

Chunji’s body gave out a tremble hearing the word and Jin Kyong didn’t fail to notice it. She took a sideway glance towards him and she couldn’t see him like that. She closed her eyes tightly and took a deep breath.

 

“Could you please give me some more time?” Chunji asked as Ho Seok stared at him. “Please?”

 

Ho Seok turned towards Jin Kyong and as she nodded, he let out a sigh and walked out of the room.

 

“What do you want to talk about?” Jin Kyong asked him emotionlessly, once the room was left with only them.

 

Her voice sounded a little rude and it hurt Chunji a lot. “I don’t know.” He said in a low whisper.

 

“Well, in that case, I will get going then.” She slowly stood up and was about to walk out, when he stopped her.

 

“Wait!” she turned around and looked at him. “Do you really want this?” he pointed to the divorce paper which were lying on top of the coffee table while she looked at the paper and remained silent.

 

The truth is she really didn’t want the divorce. She signed it for two reasons; the main one being that she was scared of hurting him more by staying with him and the second being the choice Hansuke and Ho Seok gave her.

 

“I understand,” his voice broke. His eyes watered a little and hers did too which she hid using her bangs by lowering her head even more. “I thought you love me.” He whispered low. "I guess you don't anymore."

 

But she heard it. ‘I still love you, Channie. But this is for the best for the both of us.’ She said inside her own head, mostly to convince herself that she did the right thing.

 

“But I still love you.” His tears flowed down his cheeks.

 

“If you love me, then why did you do that?” she kind of blurted out in anger.

 

“What?” he looked up at her in shock. “What are you talking about?”

 

She couldn’t take his innocent act anymore. So she started shouting at him about how she knows that he is cheating on her.

 

At first the fight were something like Jin Kyong shouting at him while he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter