Worst Fear

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

She sat up abruptly in the middle of the night and breathed heavily. It’s been two days since they visited the prison. Ever since the day, she could hardly do anything peacefully, let alone sleep.

 

Her medical checkup is just a day away and now she is more scared than ever about finding out the gender of the baby even though she personally doesn’t have any problem with whatever the gender might be.

 

She was trying to stabilize her feeling in the middle of the night, when her room’s door opened and there stood her brother, looking all pale.

 

“Hyun Su?” she called out to him softly, looking all worried and at the same time, not wanting to wake up her peacefully sleeping husband.

 

“Noona, noona,” he called out to her frantically. “Hyunnie -” he said with tears falling down his cheeks, pointing towards his room.

 

Jin Kyong couldn’t understand what was going on, but she could understand that something wasn’t right by the tone with which her brother was calling out to her.

 

She carefully got out of the bed and walked towards his room. The more closer she got to it, the more clearly she heard the sound of the troubled breathing.

 

She marched towards his room as quick as possible and found Sanghyun on his bed, having a wheezing attack. “Hyun Su-ah, get his inhaler. What are you doing without giving him his inhaler?”

 

“Noona, his inhaler ran out.”

 

“What? How about the spares? Go wake Channie up and tell him I need help. Check into my handbag and first aid kit.” She ordered him out and turned towards the suffering boy.

 

She helped Sanghyun to sit upright and sat down beside him. She slowly rubbed his back while asking him to try taking deep long breaths. She knows that it will not really help him in any way but she didn’t want him to get more tensed than he already was.

 

A few seconds later, Chunji rushed into the room, looking equally worried. “Hey, did you find the inhaler?” she questioned her shocked husband.

 

“Hyun Su is looking for it. I just came here to ask whether we should drive him to the hospital.”

 

“No, just get the inhaler from the first aid kit soon.”

 

He ran away from the room and reappeared with the same speed, a few minutes later. Jin Kyong took the inhaler from him, removed the cap and shook the inhaler well before inserting it into the spacer.

 

She waited for him to breathe out completely before placing the spacer into Sanghyun’s mouth. She pressed the inhaler once to deliver a puff and she asked him to breathe in slowly through the mouth and hold the breath for 10 seconds.

 

She noticed her brother crying silently, standing near the door. “Channie,” she called out to him. “Take the little one out of here,” she whispered to him, motioning her eyes in the direction of her brother.

 

“I’m not moving from here,” he said in between his sobs.

 

“Nothing will happen to Sanghyun. Noona is here with him. Please don’t stand there crying, making him stress more.” Chunji coaxed him before leading him away from the doorway.

 

She administered him with four puffs, waiting about one minute between each one. She waited for another four minutes hoping that would make him get better. However, his wheezing didn’t seemed to subside.

 

Getting paranoid, she helped him with another set of puffs before shouting out for Chunji. He came back rushing in, a minute later. “Quick! Call for an ambulance dear.”

 

He nodded his head and disappeared from there while she continued to help him with the inhaler. She had to carry on with the same process every four minutes until medical assistance arrived.

 

Two medics rushed into the room and asked Jin Kyong to move away from him as the other medic guy took over her place. They placed an oxygen mask over him and instructed him accordingly.

 

One of the medics removed his tight Tee over his head and Jin Kyong could sense the little boy get tensed. His breathing started to become a little jagged onc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter