First Impression

Unconditional

 

As the stadium darkened, with the monitor flashing an AVP of the much awaited artists, the crazed fans yelled at the top of their lungs. The enormous stage was rumbling with the sound of screams emanating throughout the venue as seven handsome men emerged from the stage. Fans screaming, some fainting, and some are even crying as the artists performed their debut single 'No More Dream'. I could feel myself getting deaf by the second as the fans' screams got louder and louder. I had a weird feeling the entire time because all my life I had never imagined myself attending any concerts, let alone being in my favorite artists' concert. To be able to listen to their music with a bunch of fellow crazed fan is a feeling nothing can compare with.

The day started off pretty normal, well the usual boring stuff for that matter. I woke up later than usual though. I had my usual breakfast, Koko Krunch cereal. Yes I'm a grown up who loves eating kiddo cereals, got a problem with that?! None? Good! At least we're both agreeing on something. Haha. Anyway, back to the point.  As I was saying, I was scanning through different tv channels as my phone began ringing. Being my lazy , I ignored the call. I decided to turn off the television as nothing on it interests me. I stared at the ceiling as I sighed contently while enjoying the peaceful environment. My phone starting ringing for the second time. As much as it irritates me, I decided to pick it up without looking at the caller ID.

 

"Whatcha want?"

"Wow! Hi to you too, . Is that how you greet a friend who made an effort to call you despite her never ending busy schedule?"

 

I smiled as I recognized the voice of my best friend over the phone. I sit up and positioned my phone properly on my ear to hear her clearly. She could sense my eagerness as I hear her giggle through the other side of the call.

 

"What's so funny Fai?"

"Nothing. You're being your lazy self again, aren't you?"

 

Busted. I giggled as she pointed out the things that I have done while I'm being my lazy self.

 

"There's nothing else to do. I got no job, I got no friends. Well I do, but I'm too lazy to go out with them. I wish you're here. Can't you come here? Pleaaasssseee~~~ with a chocolate syrup on top?"

"You need a social life, . Anyway, I heard that you're favorite boy band is holding a concert at Gyeongju tonight. Aren't you going?"

"What?! Shut up! For real?! I didn't know such things!!! TT_______TT I want I want I want! WAAAAAHHHHH!!! But I ain't got money and no ticket... TT_____TT"

 

Yes I'm whining to my best friend and I don't give a damn if you think that I'm not acting my age. Just deal with it. If you can't deal with it, then stop reading this fic and find something else to do with your free time. Sheesh...

 

"Alright! Alright already! I already got an extra ticket. So, shut your whining. Jeezzz! Seriously, sometimes I'm doubting whether or not you're 20 years old. Sheesh... Anyway, I'll be home by 1 o'clock so you better start tidying things up when I get there, are we clear?"

"Wait what?! You're here? I mean... You're coming home? As in today?"

"Yes sweetie, I'm coming home to the place where I belong~~~. Why? You don't want me there? Besides, you're the one wanting me to be beside you, right?"

"Yeah, but... It's not that I don't want you to come home. It's just... Why so sudden? AND!!! The house is a complete chaos and I'm supposed to clean the whole place up by what... Like 2 hours?! Damn! That's hard work!"

"You want your darn ticket or not?"

"Ahhh!!! No fair! Why are you using that against me? Q_Q"

"Hahaha... You better start cleaning. My plane's here. I'm hanging up now. See ya! *mwuah*"

"Bye~~~"

 

Darn it. If I want the ticket, then I have to clean all this. Why did I ever trash up the whole place?! Oh well, I might as well start cleaning up. Yey! Concert! Concert! Concert!

As soon as the call ended, I stood up and went over to the storage room to grab some broom and feather duster. As soon as I get back to the living room, I scanned across the whole thing. There are clothes strewn all over the floor. There are dirty dishes sitting in the sink. A thick layer of dust has built up on all the shelves.There are cobwebs in the corners, well a little. There are smudges on the windows and mirrors. Crumpled papers are piled all the way from the living room to my bedroom. Wow! I can't believe I can be this messy. I ought to learn on how to become a neat freak. Instead of complaining I might as well start cleaning. Cinderella mode on...

 

Time is ticking as I picked up the last crumpled paper on the floor. Only half an hour left before my best friend would arrive. That reminds me... I haven't taken a bath yet. I might as well clean myself up.

 

The clock strikes 1 and a faint ringing can be heard from the main door.

 

"Coming~~~" I yelled as I hurriedly run down the stairs.

 

I opened the door only to be greeted by a power hug. Seriously, it's worse than a bear hug. She tightened her embrace like she's not going to see me ever again.

 

"Can't breathe..." I waved my arms as I struggled for air.

"I'm sorry... I just miss you so much."

"I miss you too"

 


 

Yeah the whole day was spent with just 'I miss yous' and 'how have you been girl?' hahaha kidding. We actually went out since my best friend haven't had lunch yet, and I haven't cooked anything after I've cleaned the whole place. For the record, she was shocked to see that I've managed to make the whole place all spic and span. Anyway, what was I saying again? Right... Lunch... We went to grab lunch at McDonald's, after which we made our way to Gyeongju Citizens' Stadium, the site of the day's big event. On our way to the concert venue, we rode by bus which took us around 70 minutes. We would have taken my car to travel from Busan to Gyeongju, but decided otherwise since it might be a hassle to park it once we've arrived. Along the way, we've passed a few billboards that say "방탄서년단 Special Thanksgiving Concert". To my surprise, I kind of got a nervous yet excited feeling. Why? I don't know. It was around 4:15 pm when we've arrived in Gyeongju. The concert will start at 7:00 pm, more or less we got more than an hour to enjoy ourselves. We proceeded to an eye-catching shop where an entire group of BTS fans a.k.a A.R.M.Ys are buying stuffs in preparation of the concert. It's probably a souvenir store where light sticks, banners and the like are being sold. While looking around the shop, the radio turned to a station that was playing Rise Of Bangtan by BTS in honor of their presence in Gyeongju.

I looked at my watch to see that an hour and a half had passed since we've strolled around various stores near the concert venue. We decided to proceed to the concert hall and find us some descent seats. The moment had finally arrived, we were about to enter Gyeongju Citizens' Stadium. As we approached the entrance, there was a small line of people waiting their turn to be frisked. While waiting in line, I noticed that there were a lot of non-Korean fans attending the said event. A girl lining in front of us was actually wearing a BTS jersey and cap with Jungkook's name on it. Some were actually dressed like BTS themselves. Right then and there, I realized how devoted some of these fans really were. Well yeah I know that some are die-hard fans, but I never expected to actually see this much. I even thought to myself," maybe I'm not as big of fan as I thought," and continued through the gates. After my best friend and I got through security we had to go through another batch of swarming fans to get to our seats. Finally, we got through them barely alive. I looked to my left and my right, mouth gaping as to what I am seeing right now. This was actually the first time I've been in an enormous venue, and looking on how amazingly the new stadium was built was literally jaw-dropping.

As we set foot inside the venue, the first sight was a large arena filled with thousands of people. I found myself in a state of amazement because I finally got to see my favorite artists in person. Did I mention that this is a meet and greet type of concert? Its a special concert they prepared to thank their fans for their undying love and support. Aren't I just lucky? I bet you're dying of jealousy since I get to see them upclose and personal, well not really personal, but hey! At least I'll get a chance to meet them upclose.

The moment had finally come; BTS was about to come up the stage. While the vast crowd waited in anticipation, I was still trying to take in the raging crowd, the stage, and the event that was about to take place. People inside the entire building started to shout their crazy fan chants. As I watched, I noticed that from the ticket accomodation until now, the number of people had almost doubled. The event had started; BTS emerged from the stage and their leader Rap Monster started heating up the concert by shouting his introduction in their debut single 'No More Dream'. As the mind-blowing concert went on, they played many of my favorite tunes, but the one that I wanted the most hadn't yet come to pass.

The lights suddenly went off, noises and screams toned down as a single spotlight focused on a guy holding a rose. I squinted my eyes to see which member was in front of the stage. As I was about to recognize the member, the light suddenly shifted to another member who's paler than the rest of the members. I smiled goofily and screamed as I recognized Suga. The light shifted to the final member as the song I recognized as 'Just One Day' started playing. Faint screams started to be heard as the song has come to an end. Roaring cheers was once again heard as my favorite song 'Boy In Luv' is being performed by the group. In the middle of the performance, one lucky fan was called up the stage and had become the boys' love affair. The lucky fan was picked through a raffle draw during the first segment of the concert basing on one's seating arrangement. Darn thing, I was a number away from that happiness. I could see numerous fans crying and fainting. Some wishing they were the lucky fan.

 


 

The concert had finally ended and so was the meet and greet portion. The meet and greet segment was really brief. I wasn't even able to snap a photo of my bias since I was so star-strucked. Darn tongue! I couldn't even utter a simple hi to him. All I did was nod. Still... The night was the best one I had so far. I kept on giggling the entire time. As we made our way to the exit, I felt the urge to go the bathroom. No, I didn't feel like taking a dump. I meant I felt like my bladder's gonna burst any moment. My bestfriend probably noticed since she stopped in her tracks and looked at me.

 

"Yo , what's wrong?"

"Ahhh I'm gonna pee" I stated as I held into my pants suppressing the urge to urinate at that exact moment.

"What?! Can't you hold it in for a minute?"

"I can't! I've been holding it for like 15 minutes ago. I really need to go. It'll take a sec, just wait for me outside." I told my bestfriend as I hurriedly ran towards other side of the venue.

 

I ran as fast as I can, and thankfully I made it in time. I did my business and left as soon as I'm done. When I got out of the toilet room, I heard voices coming from the corner of the hall. Being my curious self, I went over to that area and noticed that BTS was right there. I placed my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from screaming. If I were a stalker fan, I'd seriously eavesdrop on them. As I was saying, I was on my way to leave the building when I bumped into Suga.

 

"Who are you?" he asked, confusion plastered across his face.

"Wait... Are you one of those sasaeng fans?" he said as he pointed towards me.

 

I wasn't able to utter a word since I'm too stunned to see him a meter away from me. I snapped back to reality and was about to explain myself but realized that he was about to call security. As he was about to call for security, I snapped a photo of him and ran off. Seriously... I ran off before he could fathom everything that had happened. If you were me, wouldn't you do the same? Damn, I'm so never gonna face him again. TT______TT

 

A/N: I know that the first chapter might have been a bit of a bore to you, but the next chapters would be fun (well at least for me.) Anyway, how was this for an introduction? Comments are much appreciated. :D One thing, please drop a comment if you've read this. Don't be a silent reader please. To those who were wondering what the female main protagonist was wearing during the concert. This is her outfit... She likes swag, okay? Are there any questions or concern so far? 

 

DEDICATION: Telle! Idol-saeng this is dedicated for you.Sorry if this wasn't up to your standards or anything. I'll do my best to try and update this. I'll just inform you in fb. :D