Chapter 45

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 45: ANSWER ME, BANG YONGGUK!

 

Four pairs of eyes were looking at him in disbelief as if what he had just said was definitely unacceptable. Daehyun waited for any reply but what he saw was the people in front of him kept exchanging glances without muttering any words. He internally sighed and was about to say something in order to convince others when he suddenly felt a pair of hands got a hold of his shoulders and he absentmindedly followed when the hands pushed his body to lie down on the hospital bed again. He blankly looked at the person who turned out to be Himchan.

 

“Chan—” He wanted to say something but was immediately being cut off when Himchan put the oxygen mask on Daehyun’s face.

 

“No, absolutely no. I won’t let you do this. It’s final.” Himchan’s firm tone was all it took for Daehyun to keep his mouth shut. He silently pleaded through his eyes when they met Himchan’s but what surprised him more was that the older’s eyes started to become teary and the latter also averted his gaze from looking into Daehyun’s intense eyes.

 

“I—I’m sorry, Daehyun. I’m just… I don’t think I can stand to know another person’s life is in danger. You’re important to us too, Daehyun. I just… can’t let it happen. I-I’m sorry.” With that being said, Himchan his heels and walked out of the room. Yongguk and Youngjae exchanged glances before the older turned his body to follow his wife.

 

“No, Yongguk hyung. Let me after him.” Youngjae grabbed Yongguk’s arm to stop the older from pursuing his intention, instead he was the one who marched out of the room to follow his hyung, after giving Yongguk, Daehyun and Rapmon his reassuring smile. The other three followed Youngjae’s retreated back with their blank eyes.

 

“What should we do now, Joon?” Yongguk asked, his face wore a worried look. He sighed heavily as he plopped himself down on the nearby chair. He could not think of anything to solve the issue. And now they had a very sensitive soft-hearted Himchan who was now probably crying his eyes out.

 

“We need to track down their hiding spot. But we need to bait them with something.” Rapmon replied. It did not take long for Daehyun to speak after he removed the oxygen mask from his face for the second time.

 

“Yongguk hyung, Joon-sii, please let me do it.” Daehyun pleaded, his voice sounded weak but determination laced every single word he uttered.

 

“Daehyun-ah, do you realize what you’re talking right now?” Yongguk asked, he ran his hands through his hair before he laced his fingers at his nape. He looked at Daehyun who was staring back at him with those pleading eyes. He sighed for the umpteenth time. Nope, I’m not going to buy that look.

 

“Yes, I know what I’m talking about. I’m going to save Jongup and Taehyung myself, please just let me do it, hyung.” Daehyun once again, tried to convince the older. Rapmon only eyed the two of them while he had his mind raced on how to solve the case. This case was very unusual as he had never come across a case whereby he could not track down the culprit in less than three hours. Jongup’s case was exceptionally unusual and he felt himself being challenged, thus he was eager to solve this case.

 

 “B-But, you’re sick, Daehyun.” Yongguk tried to reason out but he found himself had his eyes wide opened and jaw dropped to the floor the next second. Daehyun abruptly got up from his lying position and harshly detached the IV drip from the back of his hand and pulled out the oxygen mask from hanging around his neck.

 

“YAH, JUNG DAEHYUN! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” Yongguk was immediately on his feet, surprised with Daehyun’s sudden action. Together with Rapmon, they tried to keep Daehyun remained on the bed by gripping tightly around his arms and pushed him down by the shoulder as the latter was struggling hard to get down from the bed. Yongguk wondered where Daehyun got the sudden strength to fight him and Rapmon from. Just seconds ago he saw Daehyun was all weak and needed an oxygen mask to support his breathing but now here he was, trying to break free for the tight grip of his hold and Rapmon’s.

 

“Let me go, hyung. I have to save Jongup and Taehyungie.” Daehyun said through his gritted teeth. Could they not understand him? His two precious persons in his life were in danger and here he was, lying on the bed helplessly and did nothing. He was not going to let that happen, he wanted to save Jongup, his love. He wanted to save his Taehyung, his cute little son. Why could not they let him do it? He was not sick! He could not be sick for he would be the one to rescue those two important persons.

 

“Daeh—”

 

“Yongguk hyung, we don’t have tim—”

 

“JUNG DAEHYUN, CALM THE DOWN!”  Yongguk’s sudden outburst immediately made Daehyun to stop his struggling. His body was shaking from the shocking outburst and Yongguk instantly felt guilty for yelling at the younger. He developed the bodyguard into an embrace and silently hoped that his outburst would not affect Daehyun’s weak heart. He already felt guilty when he could feel Daehyun’s shaky body against him and he let out a sigh.

 

“Daehyun-ah, let’s get your wound treated first.” Yongguk let go of Daehyun and brought the latter’s hand to his view. Daehyun’s left back hand was bleeding due to the harsh pull.

 

“Rapmon, plea—” Yongguk could not finish his word because the said person was fast to cut him off.

 

“I know, I’m on my way.” Rapmon hastily dashed out to call the available doctor or nurse, leaving only a quiet Daehyun and a worried Yongguk.

 

“Dae-Daehyun-ah…” Yongguk tried to talk but he himself was not sure of what he should say to the bodyguard.

 

“Hyung, if the one who was being kidnapped was Chan hyung, what would you do? What if Chan hyung was kidnapped together with your own biological child? What would you do, hyung?” Daehyun shot the questions, eyes absentmindedly trained on the closed door. Yongguk who heard the questions was dumbfounded. He gulped his saliva down for he knew he was knocked down by Daehyun’s killer question.

 

“I-I’d do whatever it takes to save them…” and Yongguk knew, he was definitely sure where this conversation was going to.

 

“Do you understand me now, Yongguk hyung?” Another question was shot and Yongguk found his breath hitched in his throat. He let out a heavy sigh before he massaged his temple. If only you didn’t have a heart disease, Daehyun…

 

“Urgh, why do you have to be this stubborn, Jung Daehyun?”

 

 

 

 

Himchan brought his palms to his face as he cried his eyes out. His feet brought him to the park outside of the hospital and he could not care less about the cold temperature that night. It was hard enough for him to accept the fact that his baby brother and his bodyguard’s innocent small son were being kidnapped and yet, there was someone else who was ready to sacrifice himself in order to save the other two. Someone who was also important to Himchan as he already considered Daehyun as his brother.

 

It was totally a lie to say that Himchan did not feel anything. Though he did not cry as hard as Youngjae, though he did not vent out his anger in words like how Yongguk and Chanyeol did, though he did not volunteer himself to save his own baby Jongup and Taehyung like what Daehyun did, being among the oldest in the group he was, it was very hard to put up a strong appearance. If he were to think of the other way and be the opposite of who he was now, he would completely break down because hey, we were talking about his baby Jongup – the one he and Youngjae treasured the most in their life.

 

Himchan tried hard to not break down in front of Youngjae, because he thought he needed to be the strong one among them two. If Youngjae broke down, he had to be by the younger’s side, calmed him down and whispered everything would be alright. However, he was just a normal human being,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter