Part Twelve

Deadly love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years later ...

Life wasn't easy for either one of them. Ryeowook spent most of his time hunting his father down, and in the process killing his minions. He never forgot about Lexy or their child. He would often wonder how are they doing. He found out Lexy opened her own company and she was successful at what she was doing. He was happy about it, but he missed her dearly. 

As for Lexy, it wasn't easy being a single mom. She struggled every day but she tried her best. She would lie if she said she didn't regret her choice, but at that time it was the best solution. Not a day goes by that she too doesn't think about him. Somewhere deep inside her heart, she hopes to see him again and explain everything.


Lexy’s P.O.V

I was in my office working on some paperwork. I had a new project and for it, I had to check everything that was related to it. It was a bit bothersome sometimes but it was important so I couldn't just hand it over that easily. Pretty much the business was related to my previous company and even some old co-workers work here as well. That was good. I didn't have to explain much to them since they were familiar with it. 

I sorted the files and placed them on the side of my desk and opened some files on my laptop. I compared them with the printed copies and that's when I noticed some mistakes and some parts were being left out. I sighed at the fact that I would have to redo it all over again since the person who did this previously already left the company for good. I shook my head. 

At that moment I heard a knock on the door and they opened

“Miss?” My secretary walked into my office with some papers in her hands.

“Yes?” I said.

“I brought you the papers that you asked for.” She said.

“Leave them there on the table,” I replied.

“Yes.” She said.

“You may leave now,” I replied.

She nodded her head, bowed slightly, and left. I got up and walked over to the table where she left the papers. I picked them up and started to read. Just as I was about to finish the first page I heard a knock on the door again.

“Come in,” I said.

One of my workers entered and asked about some stuff related to the new project. We talked for about twenty minutes. He was still new to the company so I made sure to explain everything to him. He learned fast so with him I had no problems. Once that was done and he left I looked at the time and realized that it was time for me to leave soon as well.

I walked over to my desk and packed my things up and made sure that everything was put back in place. I then put my jacket on and left the office. On the way out I greeted some of the workers and headed toward the garage. When I look back and think about the old days I have changed a lot. I became more serious, colder, and distant toward people.

My daughter was my life and everything was about her. I did miss Ryeowook and I would think about him every day, but it's been five years, and he probably moved on with his life. I tried to move on and forget him but it was impossible. I never allowed any other man to touch me except for him. He was my first love, my first kiss, my first everything. It will always be like that. 

I got into the car and put my stuff in the passenger seat. I started the car engine and drove off. I promised my daughter that I would take her to the zoo. She loved the zoo and feeding the animals. Also, she really loved meeting new kids and she got along well with everyone. She was a smart five-year-old. I have also told her about her dad and I have shown her the picture. 

I know that some would probably not do the same, but I wanted her to know. She needs to know, if the day to meet him ever comes they won't feel like strangers. 

***

"I love you, always and forever." He said.

I smiled and turned around, kissing him. 

"I love you too," I replied.

We continued dancing to the music and for us, it felt like the world had stopped.

***
I smiled at the thought of that, but that smile faded away soon when I came back to reality. I tried to focus on the road and just try to ignore my feeling for now. I the radio and listened to music. 
 

Wish happiness t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter