Hugs

Hugs

When she opened her door, she did not expect herself to meet Kris in such a form. Tousled hair, feverish eyes, dull skin tone and unspoken tiredness radiating from his tall form. The Kris with confident strides and gummy smile was all gone and was replaced with a forlorn one that no one wished to see.

She let out a sad smile, taking note of a small bag he was holding.

“Hey.”

He greeted her with a small smile and whispered back.

“Hey.”

She made way for him to enter before locking the door after him.

With shoulder hunched and head low, he took off his shoes and kicked them to one side. He made his way to the living room and slumped into the couch. He sighed as he rested his head on the couch and closed his eyes.

She shook her head and proceeded to kitchen to finish up washing her dishes and clean the counter. She would sometimes glance up to check at the stationary lump on the couch.

After a few minutes, she came back to the living room with two cups of water and made herself comfortable on a single couch next to the one he was sitting on.

“So? What brings you here today?” She took a sip of water and looked expectantly at him.

He lazily moved his arm away from his face and knitted his eyebrows at her.

She just shrugged and repeated the question again.

“What brings you here today?”

Kris had both his hands on his abdomen and glanced up the ceiling before looking back at her.

“You’re the doctor. You tell me.”

She let out a laugh but she felt relief on the inside, knowing that he was not feeling that bad at this point, at least.

“Well, you have to tell me what you’re experiencing before I can do a diagnosis, you know?” She straightened her back and turned into her professional mode.

He eyed her weirdly before letting out a smile.

“I am confused.”

She nodded and urged him to go on. “Can you tell me more about that?”

He sighed and looked at the ceiling. “I don’t know. I was so determine in the beginning when I filed a lawsuit and I still am. But now I have doubts in my decision.”

She nodded and waited for him to continue.

And when she didn’t get it, she continued to ask question.

“You mentioned about doubts in your decision, can you explain a bit more?”

Kris closed his eyes and took a deep breath in.

“ I didn’t actually break this to my members before making this decision. Some of them knew I had conflicts with the company but I think they didn’t feel that I would go to such an extent.”

She folded her hands on the arm rest, eyes still looking at him.

“I can see that you feel guilty.”

Kris chuckled.

“You’re good. Well, I do and when Joonmyeon mentioned that I was being irresponsible. I got to admit I felt hurt.”

She nodded and leaned forward a little towards him.

“Did you try to contact them?”

Kris waved his hand in the air.

“No need for that. You know how the company rolls, I am almost certainly sure that all electronic gadgets would be confiscate when the news broke out.”

It was now her turn to knit her eyebrows as she tried to understand the situation.

“Right. What about your family members? Did you try to contact them?”

Kris turned his head to look at her now before turning his gaze to her feet.

“My mum has always been kept in the loop regarding this matter.”

She smiled, knowing how lovely and supporting his mother was.

“And how did she respond to this?”

“She has always been very supporting and had always offered me advices on how to deal with this matter.”

She supported her head with her hand and observed as his expression changed from soft to firm.

“Carry on.”

Kris knitted his eyebrows and looked straight ahead once again, eyeing the television hard as if he was trying to drill a hole on it.

“I’ve tried to talk to them…(the higher ups of the company) and the respond wasn’t great. And at one point, I really…I really snapped. Initially, the lawsuit wasn’t supposed to be revealed and I still have no idea how it broke out.”

Kris had his head tightened into a fist. She instinctively had her hand reached out and patted lightly on his knee, trying to deliver comfort in some way.

“How do you feel right now?” She pried further, trying to know more about his state of mind.

He sighed once again. “I feel calmer than previously. A lot of things are going in my mind and I can’t pinpoint on any of them.”

She nodded.

“What are you most concern of right now?”

He released his fist and blood rushed back into his knuckles.

“ A lot. Mum, members, fans…” He turned to meet her eyes. “You.”

Her face pinked and she turned to look elsewhere while clearing .

“Alright, Mr Wu Yi Fan.  Is there anything else you wished to discuss or share?”

Kris smiled at her flustered state. The professional aura she emitted not too long ago was all shattered.

“I think I’ve shared quite a few important ones and I guess that’s it for today.”

She nodded.

“If you feel like you want to talk about anything, do feel free to.”

Kris tilted his head at her before nodding slowly.

“But I do have one question, doctor.” He said the last term in a teasing manner and that earned a raised eyebrow from her.

“How can you help me?”

She let out a smile.

“In what form will you like me to help you?”

Kris shrugged and placed both hands on his thighs.

“I don’t know. Prescription, therapy…you know all those things that you doctors do to improve the condition of patients.”

She laughed at his way of voicing out those words.

“Alright. First of all, I am just a medical student and so I can’t prescribe you with anything.” Kris nodded his head and started to swing his hands in the air.

“I am well-aware of that. Then what about as a girlfriend, what can you do?”

She smiled and only one thing came to her mind.

“I shall prescribe you with hugs. Lots and lots of it.”

Kris’s eyes widened before he let out a string of laughter. He would always felt more relax when he was around her and that had never changed ever since the day they met.

She moved away from her single couch to the other end of the couch he was sitting on.

“Come Fan fan. Come.” She had her arms opened, more than ready to hug his lanky form, albeit knowing the hug would be extremely awkward.

Kris let out his gummy smile before approaching her. He rested his head on the crook of her neck and let his long arms wrapped around her. Kris pushed her gently until her back was inclined against the arm rest of the couch to make both of them comfortable.

“Are you feeling better?” She played with his hair and her other hand was rubbing comforting circles on his back.

“Yea…your prescription works, doctor.” He once again.

She hit his arm not so gently and that earned her complaints from the latter.

“Hug opens the lines of communication and relieves tension. And then on cellular level, there’s also serotonin, do…”

Before she could finish, a hand was put right over . “Please save that for yourself. I didn’t come here to know about the chemical or spiritual connections. Physical is enough.”

She laughed at him rolling his eyes.

Kris smiled, putting all the thoughts at the back of his mind and snuggled closer to her.

They stayed like that for quite a long period of time.

“Is this prescription for life?”

“Hmm.” She acted like she was pondering on that question.

“Hey!” He lifted his head and looked at her, wondering why on earth did she need that an eternity to answer his question.

She giggled and pushed his head back to the original position before playing with his hair again.

“As long as you need it, giant.” As long as he needed the comfort, she would be there for him.

“Good.” He hugged her tighter and closed his eyes.

She looked at the crown of his head and thoughts started to run in her head.

Things happened all-too-suddenly. At one moment, they were all practicing for their concerts and performing in Shanghai. And just after a few hours, everything broke apart. Trust, friendship, fans.

It must be hard for you to make such a decision. I am sure you have considered about a lot of factors before coming to this. Knowing you, you must have piled everything up within you and refuse to bother anyone with your problem, correct? Whatever it is right now, it’s not important anymore. Fans are here to support you, so are your family and friends. Let’s hope for a better tomorrow and everything will be fine. We love you, Wu Yi Fan.” She gently his cheeks down his chin, feeling the stubs prickling her finger beds.

When she didn’t get any reply from the giant on top of her, she lifted her head and tried to see his face. With him paralyzing her from neck down, she was failing miserably in trying to glance at his face.

She puffed out her cheeks in annoyance before resting both her hands on him, knowing well that he had fallen asleep during, if not before, her speech.

Her eyes fell on the untouched cup on the table. Her patched throat really needed water right now and she was now working on how to get a drink with a heavy koala on her.

 

 

_________

Hello there. 

Just felt like posting what I feel regarding this issue and I hope that my fanfic can at least comfort you in a way, even if it's a very itsy bitsy size of comfort. Our Kris is a big boy, and I am sure he knows what he's doing. Let's be the ideal fans and support him mentally. I am sure he can feel it. =).